Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 129 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3289

Default Re: US to Trump all the other crazy stuff going on in the world

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I think with Obama though, he used to play at a golf club in Maryland (the Congressional, maybe?) so essentially was only down the road if the shit hit the fan.

Trump insists on playing at his own club, in Florida.
    Could have been the one in Aberdeen he told a pack of lies to get built.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    There are some similarities between Drake and Trump.

Both entrepreneurial pirates.
    Both fierce patriots.
    Both had a problem with Latinos.

Seriously though, any POTUS will simply be acting on the advice of the military in such circumstances, if it where Obama playing golf the Guardian would be praising Saint Obama's cool and calm under fire.
    He didn't do anything. Not even a tweet to say everything's fine. Don't panic.

Now when he's watching fox and friends in the morning he's straight on twitter ranting about whatever story they're running and he's straight there to tell everyone he's a stable genius but when he's actually supposed to come out be the president he's too lazy to pick up his phone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I think with Obama though, he used to play at a golf club in Maryland (the Congressional, maybe?) so essentially was only down the road if the shit hit the fan.

Trump insists on playing at his own club, in Florida.
    So what happens if the POTUS is in Airforce One over Africa and the Fat Boy let's one rip? You will be telling me next that he should stay in a command centre Bunker all day?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    He didn't do anything. Not even a tweet to say everything's fine. Don't panic.

Now when he's watching fox and friends in the morning he's straight on twitter ranting about whatever story they're running and he's straight there to tell everyone he's a stable genius but when he's actually supposed to come out be the president he's too lazy to pick up his phone.

You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here Barbus.

....but don't worry I am sure Trump will give you plenty to moan about tomorrow as well.

You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here Barbus.

....but don't worry I am sure Trump will give you plenty to moan about tomorrow as well.
    Am I really? You think it was too much to ask for him to take 30 seconds out of his golf to calm his citizen's fears?

You can tell a lot about him by what he cares about enough to tweet;
    He tweets about tv ratings and to slag off celebs he doesn't like.
    He brags about himself but he's silent about one of his states thinking they're about to be hit with a missile, and he never gave a shit about the hurricane damage and how long it took to restore power to Puerto Rico either.

Reading your posts on this thread it's like your playing a really long game of the "Defend the indefensible" round of Fighting Talk on 5 live.

His response to this event is absolutely nil and you still think that's good.

Imagine May not saying anything after everyone getting a false alarm about an attack.

Deplorable. Just making yourself look daft by defending it.

The Trump legacy will only be about the spoken word Eminem piece.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

TBH I think the Donalds just a bit thick, he'd be buggered if daddy wasn't rich or didn't lose other people's money.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Imagine May not saying anything after everyone getting a false alarm about an attack.

Deplorable. Just making yourself look daft by defending it.

The Trump legacy will only be about the spoken word Eminem piece.
    Sam - how many false alarms do you think there are that you never ever hear about? I would say quite few, based on the ones that have been made public years later.

There are people charged with watching National security 24/7 and they will alert the POTUS/PM if any threat looks genuinely serious.

This was a nothing-burger.

Sam - how many false alarms do you think there are that you never ever hear about? I would say quite few, based on the ones that have been made public years later.

There are people charged with watching National security 24/7 and they will alert the POTUS/PM if any threat looks genuinely serious.

LJR - nonsense.

Doesn't matter what goes on behind the scenes. The warning went directly to the population on their most used pieces of technology. People ended up in storm drains but that's okay because ol'Trumpy needs to tweet about High School Musical instead of being a President.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    TBH I think the Donalds just a bit thick, he'd be buggered if daddy wasn't rich or didn't lose other people's money.
    If Trump was "thick" he would never ever emerged on the public scene but disappeared into obscurity years ago.

I have met and worked with plenty of powerful company directors over the years and they mostly think and behave like Trump. I have also met academics who couldn't change a lightbulb, are they "thick" also?

We're not talking about things we never hear about. Live tv was cut into with a missile warning. Everyone got messages on their phones telling them to take shelter from an incoming missile.
    If that had happened here you really think May would pretend it never happened? And if she did that everyone wouldn't rip her to shreds for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    LJR - nonsense.

Doesn't matter what goes on behind the scenes. The warning went directly to the population on their most used pieces of technology. People ended up in storm drains but that's okay because ol'Trumpy needs to tweet about High School Musical instead of being a President.
    There was a panic in Oxford Street over nothing the other day, these things happen, and I am sure Theresa May was advised on what was happening as appropriate.

If that had happened here you really think May would pretend it never happened? And if she did that everyone wouldn't rip her to shreds for it?

No they wouldn't; just a few Guradianistas would choke on their lattes and those in pink pussy hats would scream at the sky.

Imagine getting in from walking the dog and checking your phone to see a message from your mum, brother, etc. just saying "I love you be safe"

You check the web and see screenshots like this from their town/city/country.

Couldn't even begin to imagine the horror you'd go through. It'd be like reading the thoughts of those who had to bundle into tube stations when the sirens went off in 1940. Terrifying.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

If Trump was "thick" he would never ever emerged on the public scene but disappeared into obscurity years ago.

I have met and worked with plenty of powerful company directors over the years and they mostly think and behave like Trump. I have also met academics who couldn't change a lightbulb, are they "thick" also?
    Met? I work with academics and yes, most of them are thick too.

Same as Trump, all live sheltered lives away from real life. I bet Donald would be the biggest snowflake you ever met.

Samuel - There are people on this planet who live with that threat on a daily basis, and have to take cover regularly because missiles actually DO drop around them.

Ballistic missile, pipe bombs, lunatics with a knife or a gun or in a truck. They all kill innocent people.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Threats of small rockets are a bit different to an imminent ICBM

Met? I work with academics and yes, most of them are thick too.

Same as Trump, all live sheltered lives away from real life. I bet Donald would be the biggest snowflake you ever met.
    I agree, Trump would probably run a mile if he was actually physically threatened, and is no doubt a dreadful person to try and work with.

We all live sheltered lives to some extent, it is only when you go to remote rural African villages or War Zones that you realise the bubble you normally live in.

LJR - a bit condescending. I have friends and family who have to deal with what humans will do to each other every day. I don't have the balls for that, I can't even hear about it.

A false warning is potentially as dangerous as an actual attack. A lack of response from 'leaders' is terrible.

Threats of small rockets are a bit different to an imminent ICBM
    Now let me think about that one?....Would I prefer to be blown to pieces by a big missile or a small one? Ummmm? Probably the big one because it would be instant rather than leaving me torn apart and in agony from shrapnel for hours.

Yes I'll go for the ICBM, thank you.

Left Winger

There was a panic in Oxford Street over nothing the other day, these things happen, and I am sure Theresa May was advised on what was happening as appropriate.
    The panic in Oxford Street was started by one “celebrity” tweeting something.

The “incoming missile” alert was from an official US government emergency-warning service.

There is a big difference.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

We're not debating the destructiveness of various weapons. We're discussing the lack of response by Trump to a section of his people thinking they were under attack.

LJR shifting the goalposts as usual.

LJR shifting the goalposts as usual.

The problem is Barbus you only have ONE goalpost and that is to blame Trump for anything and everything, which is farcical.

There are a number of saner voices on the Left now finally saying this constant Trump bashing is not only wrong but it is actually counter productive.

The problem is Barbus you only have ONE goalpost and that is to blame Trump for anything and everything, which is farcical.

There are a number of saner voices on the Left now finally saying this constant Trump bashing is not only wrong but it is actually counter productive.
    No. If he does something worthy of credit, he'll get it. He says he's going to improve the infrastructure in the US, if he actually does it instead of just talking about it, I'll credit him because everyone knows the infrastructure in the US is crumbling. Trouble is, his actions are different to his words - massive tax cut for billionaires and an increase in military spending.
    He deserves no credit for his total none response to what happened in Hawaii.
    It is mind boggling how you even try to defend him when there is nothing to defend.

Barbus, I don't regard it as "mind boggling" if you defend Obama or Corbyn. Thats is your political position. I might not agree with you, and I don't regard you as somehow morally bankrupt or stupid for doing so.

As I have said before I regard Obama as an eloquent speaker who actually did very little of any real consequence. He was certainly a product of his time where appearance mattered more than substance, but those days are fading fast.

I don't believe Corbyn would make a good PM because he carries too much naive ideological baggage and he lacks toughness and authority.

Trump however is a political game changer, much like others before him who were disliked in their day.