Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Nikos Karelis

I wonder if they're up in arms on the Genk forums about selling

Sent from my LG-F600K using Tapatalk

Someone's been editing Wiki again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikos_Karelis

Hope Marinakis isn't turning us into the Greece of the championship. This may not end well

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by matt1982 View Post
    Hope Marinakis isn't turning us into the Greece of the championship. This may not end well
    Come on Matt - cheer up!

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

I can't see us keeping Britt if we buy him and given our recent history with foreign strikers it would be a big risk to swap a proven Championship scorer for one from less physical foreign league wouldn't it?

To have both though would show great ambition.

Yes to have both would show great ambition but when was the last time Forest had ambition? Maybe when they let the wally with the brolly splash cash on journey men?!

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Might be best to just accept that O'Neill was never going to be the manager Matt.

If they are good player does it matter what nationality they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Already one Greek striker in with a mixed record and now possibly another one, what's the intention? Britt Assombalonga is our number one striker, proven in this league and I don't want him being sold and/or replaced by one or possibly two of these guys up front. Sorry but I don't. This is still the championship and you need players that know this country/league. It would be the wrong move from Forest. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I think you only have to look at Lars to see how foreign players need time to adapt to the British game because of the pace & physicality. Time which we rarely give them.

Firstky mate it's the NEP, so i'd take it with a pinch of salt to start with.

But I'm pretty sure Fawaz/Davies/Price/Pearce we're all the people spending wrecklessly on free transfers like Vaughan & Prem quality like Antonio for under 2m. Marinakis is just being ambitious, where as the others were/are evil. there can't be anything to worry about because Fawaz's spending on players like Lans, Antonio, Lars, Britt etc. - all players we can/have profitted loads from - was wreckless. Bringing unknown quantities to a more more physical league for forttunes is sensible

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 12-07-16 at 11:43.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Come on Matt - cheer up!
    I know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    I think you only have to look at Lars to see how foreign players need time to adapt to the British game because of the pace & physicality. Time which we rarely give them.

Firstky mate it's the NEP, so i'd take it with a pinch of salt to start with.

But I'm pretty sure Fawaz/Davies/Price/Pearce we're all the people spending wrecklessly on free transfers like Vaughan & Prem quality like Antonio for under 2m. Marinakis is just being ambitious, where as the others were/are evil.
    With Lars tho that's one case of many that fail to adapt QUICKLY. Now, there has been successful foreigners in our leagues who find their feet right away, you just need to find that player and that takes time.

A pinch of salt, make it a bag of salt, the NEP is garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    With Lars tho that's one case of many that fail to adapt QUICKLY. Now, there has been successful foreigners in our leagues who find their feet right away, you just need to find that player and that takes time.

A pinch of salt, make it a bag of salt, the NEP is garbage.

I hope it is bollocks tbh, because splashing out that type of cank on unproven players after the recent shite we've had is very risky.

Default Nikos Karelis

I hope it is bollocks tbh, because splashing out that type of cank on unproven players after the recent shite we've had is very risky.
    I'd trust Philippe and Pedro with the transfers, they probably have a better eye for footballers than fawaz lol

Not that type of player

If Britt goes to Norwich we will need a replacement. If he doesn't we'll still need another quality forward or two.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

I can see a time when our opponents in our away games play constant bazooki music and our team link, arms across each other's shoulders and do Zorba the Greek dancing.
    Meanwhile, opposition score goals and we lose, with plates being smashed on the half-way line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    If Britt goes to Norwich we will need a replacement. If he doesn't we'll still need another quality forward or two.
    Don't you think the fee being talked about is excessive for a player with only 40 odd goals to his name, and who's never played in this league before though?

I don't know owt about him so he could be great, but I'd expect to know something about a 5m+ player liek we did Britt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I'd trust Philippe and Pedro with the transfers, they probably have a better eye for footballers than fawaz lol

The nationality connection suggests to me Greek is the new Algeria at Forest. He could be our new Abdoun!

Looks like he knows winning over LTLF members could be hard -

Don't you think the fee being talked about is excessive for a player with only 40 odd goals to his name, and who's never played in this league before though?

I don't know owt about him so he could be great, but I'd expect to know something about a 5m+ player liek we did Britt.
    That's a real negative write up Alf. To be fair I don't don't know whether the fella is mustard or s**te but in reality his record is far better than you suggest. If you do some basic research you will see that up to 2013 when he had 39 games with only one goal he was used as a substitute in all but about 2 (?) of those games but in his last 102 games when he has been a regular starter he scored 39 goals which is about 1 goal every 2.6 games which is a decent return.

Let's be honest, we have a new approach with respect to all things Nottingham Forest now at the club; the infrastructure, commercial opportunities, foreign markets for players, a managerial structure far more in line with our European counterparts, and a rigorous training regimen that is focused on skill and ball retention from the get-go.

I for one cannot wait to see what this approach yields because I know one thing; what we've been doing now for well over a decade simply hasn't worked.

Complete faith in this new group until they prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojii View Post
    Let's be honest, we have a new approach with respect to all things Nottingham Forest now at the club; the infrastructure, commercial opportunities, foreign markets for players, a managerial structure far more in line with our European counterparts
    We cannot and must not emulate our European neighbours, it's now against the law don't you know!

Like I said though, regardless of nationality, if they are good enough their quality will shine through.

Bringing unknown quantities to a more more physical league for forttunes is sensible
    They have a huge scouting network all across Europe Alf. They aren't just plucking names out of a hat or getting phone calls from agents like our old regime.