Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: New winger

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,300

    Default New winger

    Figured it was apt to make this, the replacement for burke thread.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,439

    Default Re: New winger

    We're now short 2 wingers with 3 days to find them. Clubs will know we've got money and that were desperate. Get ready to see us paying over the odds for dross

    Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,128

    Default Re: New winger

    We're not going to get one. Burke deal was done without PM PP knowledge and we got no one lined up.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SHAQUE D'AMOUR
    Posts
    8,395

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    We're not going to get one. Burke deal was done without PM PP knowledge and we got no one lined up.
    And you know that how?


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,128

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    And you know that how?
    I'm Fawaz.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    6,329

    Default Re: New winger

    What a fucking disgrace Fawaz is. He never ever learns, every season we sell late and good players and get closer to relegation. I can't understand him at all I just want to have a rational debate with him to see what goes on in his head, what a total idiot.


  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: New winger

    Players like Burke are as rare as rocking horse shit and we sell him. I can't think of a winger in the same mould that we could bring in to replace him. Gutted


  9. #8

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    We're not going to get one. Burke deal was done without PM PP knowledge and we got no one lined up.
    They should have a list of targets for all positions. Whether they can get them and at what cost are the questions given the time available.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    6,329

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by stantonred View Post
    Players like Burke are as rare as rocking horse shit and we sell him. I can't think of a winger in the same mould that we could bring in to replace him. Gutted
    Exactly!! It's like watching a kid trade his charizard shiny Pokemon card it sickens me what fawaz has done.


  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Exactly!! It's like watching a kid trade his charizard shiny Pokemon card it sickens me what fawaz has done.
    It feels like when we sold Collymore, the last player we had that was this good to watch.

    Why do Forest keep shitting on my Christmas tree and why do I keep following them?


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,541

    Default Re: New winger

    What realistic signing would make you feel happier/more confident in Forest again? For me, bringing in Nahki Wells from Huddersfield would be a great addition, or perhaps again, Judge from Brentford.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,471

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    What a fucking disgrace Fawaz is. He never ever learns, every season we sell late and good players and get closer to relegation. I can't understand him at all I just want to have a rational debate with him to see what goes on in his head, what a total idiot.


    What goes on in his head is the money he has put into this very unsuccessful BUSINESS for no return

    He wants money back and out quickly


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,471

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by stantonred View Post
    Players like Burke are as rare as rocking horse shit and we sell him. I can't think of a winger in the same mould that we could bring in to replace him. Gutted
    Gareth bale


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,190

    Default Re: New winger

    Even if we were to spend all of the £13m (which is unlikely), I highly doubt we'd be able to get the 3 players (2 wingers and a striker) that we need.

    And even if we do sign 3 good players, I still won't be happy. The manager and director have football have both been undermined (and I would not be surprised if they resigned), which is in itself more damaging than losing Burke.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,445

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    What realistic signing would make you feel happier/more confident in Forest again? For me, bringing in Nahki Wells from Huddersfield would be a great addition, or perhaps again, Judge from Brentford.
    Given he's out with a serious, long-term knee injury, I'm sure Brentford would be more than willing to consider a serious offer for Judge.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Given he's out with a serious, long-term knee injury, I'm sure Brentford would be more than willing to consider a serious offer for Judge.
    He's out with a Broken leg.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,445

    Default Re: New winger

    Fair enough. I'll rephrase that to fairly serious leg injury then.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    6,329

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    What goes on in his head is the money he has put into this very unsuccessful BUSINESS for no return

    He wants money back and out quickly
    Then he is a cancer at the club that needs to go as quick as possible if that is the case. Otherwise he is an idiot because this is not footballing reasons.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Melton Mowbray
    Posts
    984

    Default Re: New winger

    Lloyd Dyer from Burton Albion could be worth a punt

    Played a great couple of seasons in the Championship for Leicester and tore Direby a new ar-sehole on Friday night, so he's still got the business

    I'd like to see Forest sign Dyer as wide, speedster with good crossing and 10 or so goals a season cutting in from wing


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,834

    Default Re: New winger

    He'd be decent can score too.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,581

    Default Re: New winger

    Take your pick.

    There's been loads of new whingers on here tonight


  23. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    ChristchurchNZ
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: New winger

    Very difficult to think of any replacement for Burke , but why not have a go at getting Zach Clough - at least the name is OK. Seems like a number of clubs are sniffing around .


  24. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rooster View Post
    Lloyd Dyer from Burton Albion could be worth a punt

    Played a great couple of seasons in the Championship for Leicester and tore Direby a new ar-sehole on Friday night, so he's still got the business

    I'd like to see Forest sign Dyer as wide, speedster with good crossing and 10 or so goals a season cutting in from wing
    Dyer is 33 now and only just joined Burton so i doubt he would be available unless we paid well over the odds.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,471

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Then he is a cancer at the club that needs to go as quick as possible if that is the case. Otherwise he is an idiot because this is not footballing reasons.


    Personally I just think he's an idiot with absolutely no idea of football in this league and too pig headed to still, even now take any advice on board


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    454

    Default Re: New winger

    Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    We're not going to get one. Burke deal was done without PM PP knowledge and we got no one lined up.
    Fawaz will have a Greek or Kuwaiti winger lined up by himself and will be listed as bought for £13 million. His reinvesting in the squad just means covering the squad's wages this season


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •