Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CEO Yiannis Vrentzos

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: CEO Yiannis Vrentzos

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    .........Fawaz is pretty useless as a chairman, that's not an unreasonable statement, but he's had an element against him (since the moment he took over) who have highlighted every single issue and made them into disasters. And by and large we've swallowed it.

There are a lot of people who really should be questioned as to what their motivation has been for this, because I don't think it has been in a spirit of helping the club.
    I don't deny that there's been an element of xenophobia and/or Islamophobia amongst some of the Al-Hasawis critics. My own posting record will demonstrate that I've largely defended the brothers over the last four years, mainly in the hope that they will learn from their many mistakes. Fawaz's apparent enthusiasm notwithstanding, they appear not to have, with the latest embarrassment concerning the stadium certificate being the last straw for me....a financial punishment for not following a very simple and basic process.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Just as one example, there was a point, not so long ago, when if you googled the words 'derisory bid' (from memory) 14 of the first 15 entries featured Nottingham Forest and in only one of those 15 entries was it Forest describing a bid that way. We had a reputation for it.

Fawaz is pretty useless as a chairman, that's not an unreasonable statement, but he's had an element against him (since the moment he took over) who have highlighted every single issue and made them into disasters. And by and large we've swallowed it.

There are a lot of people who really should be questioned as to what their motivation has been for this, because I don't think it has been in a spirit of helping the club.
    Not to spoil this point, but google sometimes filters results based on where you live and things you've previously been interested in.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I don't deny that there's been an element of xenophobia and/or Islamophobia amongst some of the Al-Hasawis critics. My own posting record will demonstrate that I've largely defended the brothers over the last four years, mainly in the hope that they will learn from their many mistakes. Fawaz's apparent enthusiasm notwithstanding, they appear not to have, with the latest embarrassment concerning the stadium certificate being the last straw for me....a financial punishment for not following a very simple and basic process.
    And a process that 91 other clubs seem to have absolutely no issue with.

I'm with you Otis; I'd long hoped that the al-Hasawis would at least learn from their mistakes, but every season it's gotten worse.

He can be the most enthusiastic supporter ever, but Fawaz seemingly cannot grasp even the most simple basics of running a football club.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

I'm in the exact same boat as you mate.

I have lost every bit of faith I had in him, now. I appreciate his efforts, but Fawaz's management style consists of putting his money into a pocket with loads of holes in it, and not bothering to repair the hole.

there comes a point when you cannot keep putting Elastoplast on the problem to make it better,that is now and the issues have to be sorted for the club to move forward

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

I can't disagree with much of that, but for all of the amateurishness under the committee system, and notwithstanding some questionable chairmen appointments, the club's reputation wasn't so publicly compromised.
    There wasn't Twitter in the 70s and 80s...

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermz View Post
    Not to spoil this point, but google sometimes filters results based on where you live and things you've previously been interested in.
    Based on my previous search results?

That's odd because the only tit I saw doing that search was Mark Arthur........

I can't disagree with much of that, but for all of the amateurishness under the committee system, and notwithstanding some questionable chairmen appointments, the club's reputation wasn't so publicly compromised.
    came close a couple of times. Didn't Stuart Dryden go to prison for fraud around the time he was our chairman.

Dryden was jailed for defrauding the Post Office (by cashing the state pensions of deceased customers), whilst Maurice Rowarth was convicted of committing fraud within his own accountancy business (I'm pretty sure he served time, but if I'm wrong it was a suspended sentence). However, neither were actually in office at the CG when they went for trial.

As for Fred Reacher......obviously nothing could be "proved"!

I always thought that these odd individuals added interest to the quaint system we had in place in those days. It seemed to work quite well because we had genuinely enthusiastic and knowledgeable people actually doing the work.

Mind you, I was miles away and only saw things at a distance, perhaps close up it was a bit less efficient than my fond memories.

Forest Till I Die!

Got there in the end...

Only took him a year to get here, bloody slacker.

Left Winger

He's on Greek time, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Only took him a year to get here, bloody slacker.
    A bit more; according to the Greek press, he will not leave Olympiacos until October (tying up loose ends, I guess). So, I guess that Sam Gordon will continue to run things for a little while.

At least he shouldn't be put off by any Nottingham riots. The Greeks like a bit of a riot too don't they?

Impressive member

It was a very long Greek bank holiday.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Despite semi-official leaks to the press during the summer, Vrentzos has still not left Olympiacos (this was supposed to happen by October). He is still clearly in charge of things here, perhaps because this has been a bad year for us, and there are a number of changes in the club's hierarchy and in football personnel that EM wants him to oversee before he finally goes.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Despite semi-official leaks to the press during the summer, Vrentzos has still not left Olympiacos (this was supposed to happen by October). He is still clearly in charge of things here, perhaps because this has been a bad year for us, and there are a number of changes in the club's hierarchy and in football personnel that EM wants him to oversee before he finally goes.
    He was very visible in Nottingham yesterday afternoon GBG.

Could he be overseeing things as a part of the transition period at Olympiakos? Some kind of job shadowing scheme perhaps?

Dryden was jailed for defrauding the Post Office (by cashing the state pensions of deceased customers), whilst Maurice Rowarth was convicted of committing fraud within his own accountancy business (I'm pretty sure he served time, but if I'm wrong it was a suspended sentence). However, neither were actually in office at the CG when they went for trial.

As for Fred Reacher......obviously nothing could be "proved"!
    Maurice Rowarth was 'sent away' for 2 years according to the Rage Magazine pdf here - https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...EuEbhw__-Ym_sh

It dates from 1994 I think and as well as discussing Forests financial problems at the time, they muse what the effect of the internet will be on clubs.

Good find IRTD.

He was very visible in Nottingham yesterday afternoon GBG.
    I know he spends a lot of time at Nottingham, but he has not yet left his post here either officially or actually (he was the one who went to talk to the players after the defeat to Panathinaikos).

Maybe he'll resign in January. We already know who the successor will be (he is the administrative director of the academy and the associated football schools), but I guess EM trusts Vrentzos too much to let the new guy handle a number of appointments and complicated negotiations on outgoing and incoming contracts from day 1.

Vrentzos is at pretty much every game, so he must be here a large amount of his time.

I imagine Forest have been taking up a lot of his time over the past few months too. Maybe it will just be a joint role between the clubs?

At long last, Vrentzos finally left officially the position of CEO of Olympiacos (he remains a member of the Board). His successor is the former administrative director of the Academy, as expected.

Vrentzos is now your full-time CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post

Vrentzos is now your full-time CEO.
    Party at my house.