Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1041

Thread: Apostolos Vellios

Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

Can't believe we're in the situation whereby we're talking about letting our fourth choice striker go to the Greek champions who play Champions League football.

But he can't get a game here and no other side at this level was interested...

Proud father of the :whoosh:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There has to be some dark secret about Vellios.
    It can't be a money thing in terms of us paying another million if he plays another game - Marinakos owns both clubs...
    It has to be something personal between Vellios and Warbs.
    or maybe it is between Vellios and the rest of the squad - maybe Vellios indulges in inappropriate behaviour in the showers... "Hey Benny, I've dropped my soap again.... could you bend over and pick it up for me?".
    Who knows, but the salcious part of my character would really love to know... the dirtier and darker the better.

Maybe he's a closet Derby fan..........

I don't get it. I like Warbs but I think the fans deserve an explanation as to why the natural replacement for Murphy who scored goals for fun in pre season is being treated like he shagged warbs missus and daughter filmed it and posted it on t'net

Murphy is no normal big man #9 though. He is very good with his feet either finishing in the box or bringing others into play.

Vellios doesn't shout out natural replacement.

I also think Murphy was brought in to balance out squad age in his department and lack of height for defending set-pieces. Different roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    There has to be some dark secret about Vellios.
    It can't be a money thing in terms of us paying another million if he plays another game - Marinakos owns both clubs...
    It has to be something personal between Vellios and Warbs.
    or maybe it is between Vellios and the rest of the squad - maybe Vellios indulges in inappropriate behaviour in the showers... "Hey Benny, I've dropped my soap again.... could you bend over and pick it up for me?".
    Who knows, but the salcious part of my character would really love to know... the dirtier and darker the better.
    Vellios is actually......Billy Davies!!

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Murphy is no normal big man #9 though. He is very good with his feet either finishing in the box or bringing others into play.

Vellios doesn't shout out natural replacement.

I also think Murphy was brought in to balance out squad age in his department and lack of height for defending set-pieces. Different roles.
    I think it could be something as simple as lack of mobility, Murphy is clearly much more agile than Vellios.

With the long term goal being quick interplay with the front men, maybe Warburton doesn't see Vellios being able to adapt long term.

velios should change his name to elsa as he is frozen.

His dad had a Facebook rant regarding his exclusion yesterday leading to a Greek club saying they'd love to sign him. Olympiacos official says he's signing for them in January.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...65764476770254

Somehow I doubt that's helped his situation.

His father has a point...

Left Winger

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...ds-sons-800143

Post link, for those who don’t do Facebook.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by Cureboy View Post
    His father has a point...
    Maybe we should sack Warburton & make Velios’s old man manager

I like Velios he’s a decent player but he clearly doesn’t suit MWs style, it’s not a conspiracy or a grudge he’s just not mobile enough to do what Murphy does as the fulcrum of the attack, can’t expect MW to rip up everything he’s been doing just to accommodate Velios and appease his Daddy.

He’s a bit more mobile than Murphy. Certainly mobile enough to pull off bicycle kicks.

I can’t see how Velios playing up front yesterday would have been ripping up everything MW has done. You never know, it might have even resulted in something better than a limp 1-0 loss to a team in the relegation zone.

I Think the reason he's not playing is because he's on his way and Warbs wants to develop our other strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    I like Velios he’s a decent player but he clearly doesn’t suit MWs style, it’s not a conspiracy or a grudge he’s just not mobile enough to do what Murphy does as the fulcrum of the attack, can’t expect MW to rip up everything he’s been doing just to accommodate Velios and appease his Daddy.
    I wish people could see this. He just doesn't fancy the player.

Just like he doesn't fancy Carayol - who by all accounts since MW has come in has done nothing wrong. No clamour for him to come back in though.

Like you said, it's no conspiracy, it's his judgement of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    He’s a bit more mobile than Murphy. Certainly mobile enough to pull off bicycle kicks.

I can’t see how Velios playing up front yesterday would have been ripping up everything MW has done. You never know, it might have even resulted in something better than a limp 1-0 loss to a team in the relegation zone.
    He’s a different type player to Murphy who holds the ball up well & brings others into the game by playing off him, he’s pretty much our main man and that’s not really a role Velios fills although like you say he’s probably better than Murphy at bicycle kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    I Think the reason he's not playing is because he's on his way and Warbs wants to develop our other strikers.
    This is certainly the case now but not at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I wish people could see this. He just doesn't fancy the player.

Just like he doesn't fancy Carayol - who by all accounts since MW has come in has done nothing wrong. No clamour for him to come back in though.

Like you said, it's no conspiracy, it's his judgement of a player.
    I don't think it's down to ability though. He was on fire in pre season in Warburton's system.

Might be time to change my avatar... I doubt we'll see the big man in a Forest shirt again

Lots of reports from Greece that he's already signed for Olympiacos, any truth our Greek friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Lots of reports from Greece that he's already signed for Olympiacos, any truth our Greek friends?
    Not much. The rumours started from our press officer (not the brightest or more discreet fellow) and an internet fight of his with the vice-president of PAOK. He said something along the lines of "hands off, he is an Olympiacos player", but I think the meaning was "we can get him any time we want". He tried to mend things afterwards but it was too late.

What is certain is that we are looking for at least one and possibly two strikers and that Vellios is a candidate.

I find it puzzling that Vellios has been sidelined like this, I think he’s definitely a better option than Brereton, at the moment if Murphy is injured. He’s perhaps more of a natural finisher than any of our forwards, and has a bit of height, that our team sadly lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    I find it puzzling that Vellios has been sidelined like this, I think he’s definitely a better option than Brereton, at the moment if Murphy is injured. He’s perhaps more of a natural finisher than any of our forwards, and has a bit of height, that our team sadly lacks.
    Disagree on the natural finishing observation, I think thats the strength of Brereton, Cummins & Walker.

I just dont think Vellios brings enough physicality or mobility for a full 90 mins to sacrifice what the other three bring.

With pre season not the best yardstick, its fair to say Vellios didnt take his chance against Shrewsbury.