Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nottingham Forest Women FC

Default Nottingham Forest Women FC

As it seems to have gone under the radar a little thought I would share a good news story

Nottingham Forest Ladies FC are currently top of the FA Women's Premier League Northern Division (One step below WSL)

Squad Photo 2.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Nottingham Forest Ladies FC

Typical classy Forest. We have a ladies team and others just have women.

Pathetic jokes aside, well done to the ladies. I hope the funding is better these days as I remember a few pleas for help with finance a short time ago. As the photo is taken at the CG it looks as if the club help a bit more now.

How does promotion work? Is it just top two get promoted?

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hermz View Post
    How does promotion work? Is it just top two get promoted?
    I don't think we can be promoted due to County being up there. I may be well off the mark here though

Footy Manager Researcher

Theres no promotion to WSL2...

Where's me hammer?

So what's the point?

One day we can hope the FA turn them into Milton Keynes Dons WFC and grant them a franchise to the top tier. Which is pretty much how they'd like to run the mens game too.

Although in all seriousness.. Well done ladies! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    So what's the point?
    If we can't go up, what is the point?

Spoken like a true Red.

Yes promotion is allowed into WSL2 the top 2 teams from Northern and Southern are entered into a play-off with the winners (subject to meeting criteria) promoted to WSL2 (Last season saw Sheffield FC Ladies promoted who will enter the WSL when the new season begins (Long wait as its a transfer from a winter league to a summer one for the club promoted)

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    If we can't go up, what is the point?

Spoken like a true Red.
    Mate you more than most on here should know what its like to aspire to move up paying to watch non league... When i used to go to watch eastwood there were a group of fans who went every week wherever they played.... I personally watched them play league games in scotland and wales so we aint talking games down the road and you try and tell them it wasn't "cool" to want to progress. For years every year, 2nd qualifying round of the fa cup and out. The dream? To reach the fa cup 1st.... Same with the league. 20-30 odd years in the same league, the dream? Conference football? Lower league football? Did they ever achieve it? No. But they owed it to them fans to try, so again if theres a ceiling and you can't achieve, what's the point?

Very short sighted of the womens game.

Randall's letter also mentions women's football. If I understand correctly, Nottingham Forest Ladies is not part of Nottingham Forest FC, right? And if I understand correctly there is also a Notts County women's team which just went bankrupt.

In my view, the Ladies team should be immediately taken over by the club and particular attention should be paid to the academy. Not only for purposes of building on the community feeling and that sort of thing, but also for practical reasons. Women's football is on the rise (in the US it is practically more popular than men's football), and Uefa has a long-term development plan and aims to force big club to have a women's team as well. In fact there was a rumour a couple of years ago that CL or EL clubs would be required to have a women's side in order to participate in European tournaments. The rumour did not materialize, but Uefa's intentions are quite clear.

(And if I may add a "don't tell the EFL" note, I have a feeling that a women's team may be useful for FFP purposes...)

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So what's the point?
    Wait for a club like Notts to pull the plug and take their place...

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Randall's letter also mentions women's football. If I understand correctly, Nottingham Forest Ladies is not part of Nottingham Forest FC, right? And if I understand correctly there is also a Notts County women's team which just went bankrupt.

In my view, the Ladies team should be immediately taken over by the club and particular attention should be paid to the academy. Not only for purposes of building on the community feeling and that sort of thing, but also for practical reasons. Women's football is on the rise (in the US it is practically more popular than men's football), and Uefa has a long-term development plan and aims to force big club to have a women's team as well. In fact there was a rumour a couple of years ago that CL or EL clubs would be required to have a women's side in order to participate in European tournaments. The rumour did not materialize, but Uefa's intentions are quite clear.

(And if I may add a "don't tell the EFL" note, I have a feeling that a women's team may be useful for FFP purposes...)
    Would like the club to get behind the women's side as it seems a purely financial decision that our previous owners haven't wanted to spend the money on a women's side, similarly to the sadpies now.

With all the talk of the club being part of the community it would be nice as long as it isn't detrimental to the men's side in terms of taking finances away.

I do wonder how it could benefit us in terms of ffp though although not saying it isn't a possibility?

Now that there is a franchise spot going begging it would be a good time to establish the women's side in the WSL and give them the backing of the club!

It is pretty sad how the women's side has had to fend for themselves and fair play to all those involved in keeping it going!

I've heard.. ahem... that the women's team is run contentiously, and that many participants would like the club to take it over, but that the current organisers need shot of.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

The holy grail of women's football will be in monetising it without affecting the men's game.

.k I m
    I m u mm

The Ambassador

I work with one of the players. She mentions how they get nothing from the club, even when they got into the F.A Cup semi. Shame really.

I agree Dawg. The girls struggle through to put on a show and we pay broken down old has-beens thousands a week more than the ladies need to run for a year.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Does funding the women's team, if it comes from NFFC affect ffp?

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

That would be totally counter intuitive by the rule makers to penalise investment in womens football by including it as part of FFP.

So yeah, probably!

Warp Speed Chic

Wonder if it would be possible to bring them under the umbrella of NFFC, let them play at the City Ground and give ST holders free entry to home games.

#Samuel4Mod #StrongAndStableModeration

The Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I agree Dawg. The girls struggle through to put on a show and we pay broken down old has-beens thousands a week more than the ladies need to run for a year.
    They only went and beat Derby on the way as well.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Wonder if it would be possible to bring them under the umbrella of NFFC, let them play at the City Ground and give ST holders free entry to home games.

#Samuel4Mod #StrongAndStableModeration
    TBH I wouldn't attend if it was free. I like the idea of the club helping but I just don't want to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Does funding the women's team, if it comes from NFFC affect ffp?
    No, it doesn't.
    Clubs are permitted to exclude some expenditure (Youth development spend, Charitable Community spend, and Women’s Football spend)
    Or, to put it differently, it may actually help...

Then it makes sense to bring the ladies under the NFFC umbrella and proportion some of the overall costs to them.

I do think there's a market for ladies football but perhaps not when its absolutely replicating the mens game. Think you'd find better attendance at one off tournament type events, or changes in the rules. Perhaps shorter games to force more attacking football. Kinda feels like rather than being about loyalty and passion as per the men's game is sold, it should be about inclusiveness and fun for a different breed of fan - more where mums take their kids rather than the dad's.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Then it makes sense to bring the ladies under the NFFC umbrella and proportion some of the overall costs to them.
    What a discreet phrasing to what I was alluding to when I said that taking over the ladies' team will prove useful for FFP! Thanks.