Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Are you in favour of a Evangelos Marinakis takeover / investment?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

67 83.75%
  • NO

13 16.25%
Page 99 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 3029

Thread: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I just pray to god that the Manager doesn't fall out with the new owners. If that relationship were to turn 'explosive', Hovis would have a monopoloy on the UK bread market.
    I hope not. Kingsmill and hovis ain't a scratch on warburtons toastie

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheEastIsRed View Post
    How does this affect the FFP umbungo? With Fatwahz gone does the debt and therefore the basis of the embargo go too? Can Forest actually start signing players again? Will Billy return to lead us to the promised land? How many beans make 5?
    Dunno.
    Prolly not.
    Prolly not.
    'kin 'ope it's not 'im.
    Two beans a bean, a bean and a half and half a bean.

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Greek Titan devours his son, Fawaz. Goya c.1819.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEastIsRed View Post
    How does this affect the FFP umbungo? With Fatwahz gone does the debt and therefore the basis of the embargo go too? Can Forest actually start signing players again? Will Billy return to lead us to the promised land? How many beans make 5?
    Doesn't matter how many beans make 5 because all some Forest supporters will do is complain they are the wrong flavour.

Left Winger

I just want a decent cup of coffee.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Coffee?

Your British, get yersen some Bovril yoof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Doesn't matter how many beans make 5 because all some Forest supporters will do is complain they are the wrong flavour.
    See what I mean?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Should get a Costa stand in each concourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Should get a Costa stand in each concourse.
    Fuck, no!

Support another corporation that doesn't pay its fair share of tax on the vast revenues it makes here in the U.K.

It would be far more beneficial to the club to keep it in-house, it just needs to be better quality, at a fair price, served quickly and efficiently.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Fuck, no!

Support another corporation that doesn't pay its fair share of tax on the vast revenues it makes here in the U.K.

It would be far more beneficial to the club to keep it in-house, it just needs to be better quality, at a fair price, served quickly and efficiently.
    Yep. That's all I want.

A decent cup of coffee rather than the hapless instant muck passed off as coffee and sold at an outrageous markup.

If I were NFFC commercial department, I'd be phoning up Tim at 200 Degrees coffee in Nottingham (a local business!) and getting him involved. He even has a mobile setup he takes to shows and markets.

It's not that bloody difficult, but another example of where NFFC have been a bit rubbish.

Hopefully the new team will sort catering out. Any business would dream and take advantage of 20-30k people swarming in to their vicinity. How hard is it to order some nice pies and sausage rolls from some local butchers instead of the total shit they do get in. I know the mark up won't be as much but more people would partake, people may pay a little more and it actually might taste nice. How hard is it to get some lovely fresh bread and some butchers beef or ham and get a load made up. Then have a kiosk or temporary table set up in a few places just selling ham or beef cobs for a round £3 say. Not only is is an easy markup but it is quick and will alleviate the queue at the main kiosk. The amount of times I have entered the CG, starving after a few pints and ended up not bothering because of the queue or the poor offering. I think the whole layout needs to be looked at in the concourses and outside areas. At the moment if I want a kit Kat at half time I have to queue 20 mins and miss some of the action as well as taking up space in the hot food queue. Surely a temporary seller can just sell chocolate and sweets for an easy round figure.

I would like to see those mobile beer outlets around the ground like they have at Bristol city. Also move the away fans to lower Brian clough.

Yep. That's all I want.

A decent cup of coffee rather than the hapless instant muck passed off as coffee and sold at an outrageous markup.

If I were NFFC commercial department, I'd be phoning up Tim at 200 Degrees coffee in Nottingham (a local business!) and getting him involved. He even has a mobile setup he takes to shows and markets.

It's not that bloody difficult, but another example of where NFFC have been a bit rubbish.
    PREACH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. That's all I want.

Nipping to Italy at half time I reckon you would miss the second half.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Yep. That's all I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Fuck, no!

That would be the best outcome, I was just thinking it would be a quick way to start off, see if enough people would buy it. Much like the local butcher pies etc, see if they sell first. It's great thinking I could have a nice coffee but do most want It?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

As for pies and stuff, I can highly recommend Hartland
    http://www.hartlandpies.co.uk/index.php
    They've a butcher's in stabbo and all their products are locally made with local ingredients and are amazing, their black pudding scotch eggs are amazing.

Left Winger

I'm sure many local businesses would kill for the opportunity to serve nigh-on 20,000 people once a week?

My 200 Degrees example was just and off the cuff suggestion. But maybe they'd be interested in offering their mobile coffee service?

There's the Split-Screen Coffee company too, they're a small mobile operator serving coffee out of a converted VW camper (and that is as cool as it sounds).

Surely Forest can do better than the crap served up today?

It's not rocket science.

Offer a decent product at a reasonable price and people will buy it. If it benefits local businesses like the two above or Andy's favourite pie shop, so much the better.

Thing is Chris it's hard to push out good local produce in seconds if the queue is 50 deep. Vans at the cricket have the best idea - offer a choice of two things only and pre-pour/make loads of them in advance so you're literally just handing over something and then taking money, but it does sacrifice choice and some quality.

What I'd really like to see is the ground opened up at midday in the warmer months. Get music, football games in either car park where there is space plus these local catering vans we're talking about. Make it a bit of a carnival atmosphere for a couple hours. You could open the Pitch as well from the same time, put Sky Sports on and flog beer there.

When I went to the Brighton game a couple years ago their club bar was open 3 hours before kick off and was full within about 30 minutes. Granted their ground is in the middle of nowhere so that helped a bit to get the punters in, but I'm sure at Forest we'd be able to get 1 or 2000 down the ground early if the entertainment is there.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Left Winger

Good ideas there Rob.

There's probably not much gross profit in it to be honest - probably £10k max each week once it's established and people make it a regular thing to go to. But what it could do is generate a feel good factor about the club (because my only interaction with the club for the past 3 years is to be in the ground for 110 minutes or so watching shite) and may encourage additional revenue through club shop sales, convincing family members to go etc.

Larwood, Southbank, Embankment aren't particular special places but are rammed every home game so there's demand in the local area and you'd be adding to it by making it a more family friendly environment.

It wouldn't cost the club anything in comparison to it's liabilities if it didn't work out as planned anyway.

My Mrs has a Leicester Tigers ST and I often go when it doesn't clash with Forest. They nearly always have a band on in the car park, as well as loads of games for the kids. It's a good day out for a neutral like me (although I wouldn't swap the tribalism of football for anything!).

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    My Mrs has a Leicester Tigers ST and I often go when it doesn't clash with Forest. They nearly always have a band on in the car park, as well as loads of games for the kids. It's a good day out for a neutral like me (although I wouldn't swap the tribalism of football for anything!).
    Yeah, but Rugby fans aren't nobheads.

Wandering around the CG

I'd like to see them do something with the Sports Diner. Perhaps a Sports Bar open to fans from 12pm (on a 3pm kick off).
    Just seems crazy that around a dozen pubs are rammed on match day and Forest don't see a penny of it.

If the catering was even half good the club and the catering company would make much more money.

When you have food vans outside and food restraints all over the place you have to give people a reason to spend inside the ground.

As above, give the booths to local businesses for free and take a % of profits - a win win for all parties. The club gets more money spent in the ground, the local business gets profit and advertising and the fans get better food. I would bet we are stuck in a long contract with this current company, though.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    If the catering was even half good the club and the catering company would make much more money.

When you have food vans outside and food restraints all over the place you have to give people a reason to spend inside the ground.

As above, give the booths to local businesses for free and take a % of profits - a win win for all parties. The club gets more money spent in the ground, the local business gets profit and advertising and the fans get better food. I would bet we are stuck in a long contract with this current company, though.
    The food from the mobile vans is vastly superior to what the club sell on the concourse, which speaks volumes. If I was the club I'd be concerned about that.