Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Are you in favour of a Evangelos Marinakis takeover / investment?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

67 83.75%
  • NO

13 16.25%
Page 197 of 200 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 4984

Thread: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Why on earth would he want a suite at the academy?
    According to the architects, "to host guests and hold meetings".

Possibly until the redevelopment of the CG is completed?

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 17-07-19 at 20:19.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Warp Speed Chic

Just watched it.

I really like Mr Marinakis. We feel 10x better as a club now. Great steps in the community, looking after the stadium. Once we get the football but right we'll be right.

The Clapham Crusader

All aboard the Evangelos Express!

Whoo whoooo!

Actually disappointed that he's relatively well spoken. I just wanted him to glare at slater and grunt.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Full interview:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07h35hl

Highlight is when he's asked about no more managers being sacked and basically says if they do shit I'll sack them.
    Also interesting that he says how frustrating it was last season to drop points against the lower teams yet we had a good record against the top six.

ďA lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and make sure you are.Ē

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Ah. Everything sounds better to the sweet sound of Slash weaving his magic in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    John McGovern was actually defending him today at the ground tour

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    He did exactly the same when I did the same tour a few years ago (Fawaz was still in charge then). Said he hadnít been paid in a couple of months but downplayed it. JM is a nice bloke but he was talking out of his arse that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Just watched it.

I really like Mr Marinakis. We feel 10x better as a club now. Great steps in the community, looking after the stadium. Once we get the football but right we'll be right.
    You can see his passion & determination in that interview. We are in good hands.

A good interview by Charlie Slater. Credit where it's due after the poor effort with Modesto but he turned it around and the fact he eats kebabs means he gets the benefit of the doubt in my book.

Although Marinakis said promotion is the target, I get the impression that he may have realised just how big a job it will be and that his timeline may have slipped a bit. He talked first about the WFCG expansion and it seemed he was maybe thinking of promotion by the time that's finished.

There's plenty of scope to significantly upgrade the NDA too, with plenty of space onsite for the facilities to be trebled in size without many negative effects.

I like the big man.

Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    Actually disappointed that he's relatively well spoken. I just wanted him to glare at slater and grunt.
    Awwwww now I want to see that too.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Why on earth would he want a suite at the academy?
    You could always ask him?

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    He did exactly the same when I did the same tour a few years ago (Fawaz was still in charge then). Said he hadnít been paid in a couple of months but downplayed it. JM is a nice bloke but he was talking out of his arse that day.
    Whole time was complaining about modern football and saying he never did any of these training activities during his reign as a manager and in my mind I was like " that's why you weren't successful"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Forum Tactician

"No, we play better in this match & we win"

Sweet Music.

Great Interview. Just needed a bear hug at the end.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    I wanted him to sound more like the Godfather.

Senior Doom Monger

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.
    There are som many allegations about the nature of the man - are they all without substance?
    I don't know, and I probably never will, but he talks a good talk about his intentions and desire for the Club.
    He has done so much in his native land, and to date all the signs are positive.
    But remember the rich and powerful do not get there by being cuddly and nice.
    And they don't stay there at the top if they lose that hard core.
    They present a sympathetic and caring public face, but there has to be a hard core.
    That came across to me with his statement about managers - yes he thinks stability is important, but he will always act if he thinks success in his project is not being delivered.
    What I do admire is his obvious business accumen, and his drive.
    I think we are in safe hands while he sees that there is potential and the probability of delivering on that potential.
    If there were to be a significant change in the way the football market works, say for example an end to promotion or relegation to and from the Premiership, or maybe the top 4 teams breaking away to form a European elite league, then I am not so sure he would contniue to be interested.
    after all he is a businessman, this is a business investment, and he believes there is a good return to be secured on his investment.
    Once he starts to think there is less likelihood of a decent return he may not be so supportive.
    But that is a fact of business life - you don't continue to pour good money down the drain when you realise it is a drain!

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    "No, we play better in this match & we win"

Sweet Music.

Great Interview. Just needed a bear hug at the end.
    Liked that part as well. There is always the next match isn't the attitude.

Red til I'm dead

I think itís clear that EM expects a certain level of performance from people that he pays handsomely.

No surprise that we have embarked on something of a cull (if you believe the rumours) of some of the higher earners on the playing staff after we did not meet his objectives on the pitch last year.

He clearly expects more from the likes of Murphy, Pantilimon, Guedioura, Benalouane, Ansarifard etc. in return for what he pays them.

Canít say I blame him to be honest. Itís easy to wait for consistent performances from players when you arenít the one paying them upwards of a million quid a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    I think it’s clear that EM expects a certain level of performance from people that he pays handsomely.

No surprise that we have embarked on something of a cull (if you believe the rumours) of some of the higher earners on the playing staff after we did not meet his objectives on the pitch last year.

He clearly expects more from the likes of Murphy, Pantilimon, Guedioura, Benalouane, Ansarifard etc. in return for what he pays them.

Can’t say I blame him to be honest. It’s easy to wait for consistent performances from players when you aren’t the one paying them upwards of a million quid a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    as my avatar would put it nicely: "...if you play straight with me, you’ll find me a considerate employer. But cross me and you’ll soon discover that under this playful boyish exterior, beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac. "

I like how Marinakis mentions at the end of his interview that we often did well against the better teams last season but dropped points to some of the teams lower down in the league and ones that were relegated.

Welcome to Nottingham Forest!

That in a nutshell is the exact issue that has plagued our team over the past 20+ years, if we ever break that (almost guaranteed) losing too many points to teams lower down the pecking order we will eventually go up!

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Shipstones Pye Eater View Post
    That in a nutshell is the exact issue that has plagued our team over the past 20+ years
    Oh I don't know...we did have that year under Monty where we seemed to lose to everyone.

No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house

Quote Originally Posted by Shipstones Pye Eater View Post
    I like how Marinakis mentions at the end of his interview that we often did well against the better teams last season but dropped points to some of the teams lower down in the league and ones that were relegated.

Welcome to Nottingham Forest!

That in a nutshell is the exact issue that has plagued our team over the past 20+ years, if we ever break that (almost guaranteed) losing too many points to teams lower down the pecking order we will eventually go up!
    Abso-bloody-lutely !

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Oh I don't know...we did have that year under Monty where we seemed to lose to everyone.
    It was a fucking good craic for the first 10-12 games tho

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    There are of course exceptional years here and there up and down but the overiding issue we've had for a very long time is producing a regular high, winning performance against teams which on paper and league position would indicate we should beat them. We more than often don't.

It is arrogant for me to even say that, but for some reason our players/managers are also arrogant about teams lower down and they seam to coast when playing such teams and more then often lose to those teams with more fight in them than us.

Hence why we are where we are, this has to change for us to ever have a chance of competing where some of us think we should belong.