Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Are you in favour of a Evangelos Marinakis takeover / investment?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    67 83.75%
  • NO

    13 16.25%
Page 189 of 200 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 4984

Thread: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

      
  1. #4701
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    14,509

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post


    I don't get how anyone can just not let folk enjoy what they enjoy about the club, does it matter where we find positives?

    If folk thrive on this memory let them thrive. If SOD's pass & hoof was their bag let them bag it. If they thrive on Billy's playoffs let them thrive.

    How can we become a thriving club again if all we do is try to choke that thrive out of ourselves everytime folk find something to enjoy?
    Why cant we enjoy what Karanka did Alf, without you continually throwing the 25m Quitter line.

    Hypocrisy alert.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #4702
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,698

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Why cant we enjoy what Karanka did Alf, without you continually throwing the 25m Quitter line.

    Hypocrisy alert.
    I'm taking the piss out of him being a quitter, but I've nowt against folk enjoying his time here.

    There's a difference between discussing a person, and not wanting fans to enjoy positives of the past. AK included. If you wanna bring up how much you enjoyed AK's time here over the years to come good on ya, glad for those who found positives.

    Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 31-05-19 at 12:22.

  4. #4703
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    33,760

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post


    I don't get how anyone can just not let folk enjoy what they enjoy about the club, does it matter where we find positives?

    If folk thrive on this memory let them thrive. If SOD's pass & hoof was their bag let them bag it. If they thrive on Billy's playoffs let them thrive.

    How can we become a thriving club again if all we do is try to choke that thrive out of ourselves everytime folk find something to enjoy?
    Blimey Alf, I nearly spat out my coffee reading this. Ironic post of the year?

    “A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and make sure you are.”

  5. #4704
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,698

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Blimey Alf, I nearly spat out my coffee reading this. Ironic post of the year?
    Not sure why?


  6. #4705
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    33,760

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Not sure why?
    You know what I’m talking about.

    Because whilst I know you’re a generally positive chap, you regularly seem to enjoy “choking the thrive” by criticising managers, certain players, the club and the club’s transfer policy. Most recently, a popular manager in AK, a well liked player in Carvalho, an unluckily injured player like Soudani, going on about which Derby players we should have signed... etc There are some managers who you show absolute loyalty to and would never criticise, such as the current one, for instance.

    I know you like to have fun fishing and winding people up. Nothing wrong with that mate, nor is there anything wrong with criticism of managers, players or the club, except when you labour the same point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    You did ask...


  7. #4706
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,698

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    You know what I’m talking about.

    Because whilst I know you’re a generally positive chap, you regularly seem to enjoy “choking the thrive” by criticising managers, certain players, the club and the club’s transfer policy. Most recently, a popular manager in AK, a well liked player in Carvalho, an unluckily injured player like Soudani, going on about which Derby players we should have signed... etc There are some managers who you show absolute loyalty to and would never criticise, such as the current one, for instance.

    I know you like to have fun fishing and winding people up. Nothing wrong with that mate, nor is there anything wrong with criticism of managers, players or the club, except when you labour the same point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    You did ask...
    Well I did ask




    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk


  8. #4707
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Evangelos, we have a major problem in Nottingham’s pubs. When Liverpool score, 75% of the pub goes up.

    Please help us change that !! Lol


  9. #4708
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    33,760

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by MC Plantpot View Post
    Evangelos, we have a major problem in Nottingham’s pubs. When Liverpool score, 75% of the pub goes up.

    Please help us change that !! Lol
    This. Seemingly Liverpool and Man Utd fans outnumber Forest fans in this city.


  10. #4709
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,047

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    This. Seemingly Liverpool and Man Utd fans outnumber Forest fans in this city.
    I'd suggest that it's arguably a similar scenario in most provincial cities Ravi, sadly.

    I might be over-simplifying it, but in Nottingham's case, the demographic situation of one-in-five of the population being a student is possibly another contributory factor in giving that impression.


  11. #4710

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Was at my niece's athletics meeting in Kirkby in Ashfield this morning. Was pleasantly surprised by the number of Forest shirts I noticed. Other than that, one Spurs shirt, one Watford.


  12. #4711
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,047

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    If SOD's pass & hoof was their bag let them bag it.
    I saw very little evidence of any "hoof" during O'Driscoll's all-too-brief tenure Alf.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 01-06-19 at 22:57.

  13. #4712
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,942

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Was at my niece's athletics meeting in Kirkby in Ashfield this morning. Was pleasantly surprised by the number of Forest shirts I noticed. Other than that, one Spurs shirt, one Watford.
    Ashfield in general has always been a massive Forest area

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  14. #4713
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,942

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    It appears that the Club celebrating and remembering our achievements does reach farther than Nottingham. It's a great marketing tool.

    Edit....Even better that it's 4 pages sure to have pissed the Scousers off when they opened the programme. Let's celebrate it every year.



    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  15. #4714
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,698

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I saw very little evidence of any "hoof" during O'Driscoll's all-too-brief tenure Alf.
    It was just one of the criticisms levelled at him, not by me.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk


  16. #4715
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dangerously close to Infernos
    Posts
    23,670

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    "Hoof" gets levelled at every single manager ever at some point. There are very few managers for whom that label is actually justified.


  17. #4716
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,620

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    I dont recall SOD receiving the hoof tag.

    People didnt like his interviews or the fact he played that little youth in midfield from Donnie.

    That youth whose name i cant recall was decent I thought, as was SOD.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  18. #4717
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dangerously close to Infernos
    Posts
    23,670

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I dont recall SOD receiving the hoof tag.
    Wasn't here long enough


  19. #4718
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,620

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Wasn't here long enough
    He managed more than one game, that's all it takes

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  20. #4719
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,698

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I dont recall SOD receiving the hoof tag.

    People didnt like his interviews or the fact he played that little youth in midfield from Donnie.

    That youth whose name i cant recall was decent I thought, as was SOD.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Tbf he more got branded as "negative", but there was the odd comment as such.......

    Is SOD's style of football REALLY that great?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tibrot View Post
    The answer to the question is simple really; an emphatic NO!

    We do try to pass the ball but invariably are only generally able to do so in our own third where the opposition don't mind us having the ball. Camp is constantly the person that starts a move and then dozens of passes later gets the ball back to hoof up the pitch anyway. Our incisive, passing football in the last third (where it really counts) is at a real premium. When it does happen, Read tends to be at the heart of it, which makes taking him off when chasing a game like yesterday, baffling. O'Driscoll has been, surprisingly, negative in my view.



  21. #4720
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,835

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I dont recall SOD receiving the hoof tag.

    People didnt like his interviews or the fact he played that little youth in midfield from Donnie.

    That youth whose name i cant recall was decent I thought, as was SOD.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Simon Gillett, I liked him as well.


  22. #4721

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    I think SO'D was a bit of a victim of A, Fawaz being an absolute twunt. And B, fans hearing the talk of Fawaz's blind ambition and placing the expectation on SO'D shoulders.

    What SO'D did with the team in such a short space of time was absolutely brilliant. One of my favourite managers in recent years. So much to like about the bloke. He was done over good and proper too.

    Not sure he fancies the main job anymore, but i'd be happy if at any point he had a role at the club. Smart bloke who thinks the game right imo.


  23. #4722
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,047

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    It was just one of the criticisms levelled at him, not by me.
    Fair enough mate. Forgive me for misunderstanding.


  24. #4723
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,047

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I think SO'D was a bit of a victim of A, Fawaz being an absolute twunt. And B, fans hearing the talk of Fawaz's blind ambition and placing the expectation on SO'D shoulders.

    What SO'D did with the team in such a short space of time was absolutely brilliant. One of my favourite managers in recent years. So much to like about the bloke. He was done over good and proper too.

    Not sure he fancies the main job anymore, but i'd be happy if at any point he had a role at the club. Smart bloke who thinks the game right imo.
    I could not agree more; well said.


  25. #4724
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one
    Posts
    1,080

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I think SO'D was a bit of a victim of A, Fawaz being an absolute twunt.
    I think that just about sums up his entire tenure, for every manager and no further explanation is needed.

    COYR

    Originally Posted by Carnero https://bit.ly/2LVWO8R
    Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

    10th at best.

  26. #4725
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,698

    Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Fair enough mate. Forgive me for misunderstanding.
    All good mate

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •