Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Are you in favour of a Evangelos Marinakis takeover / investment?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

67 83.75%
  • NO

13 16.25%
Page 186 of 190 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 4740

Thread: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Nobody else was out of contract so that would've always been the retained list. Up to MON or whoever else to move the rest out.
    Ok, I thought there were more than 2 of contract. Obviously we are still feeling the effects of the Fawaz era with those ridiculous length contracts he dished out to periphery players.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    He was also on our original list before hiring Martin.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    According to the Greek press, one of the managers proposed (by Mendes I suppose) for the replacement of Karanka was the 43-year old Ivo Vieira, currently at Moreirense and considered by some the next big thing in Portugueuse managers.

Perhaps you should keep the name for future reference.

It's all about mid-table...

What's all this RUBBISH??

MoNaRK going nowhere, wind ya necks in you sad pathetic skysports gits!! get ready for glory

Just based on a quick YouTube this Ivo Vieira guy doesn’t look anything special, but if he brings his assistant with him I’d happily get onboard

https://youtu.be/MamONnA9g9o

Not that type of player

A piece about the job he's done at Moreirense

https://www.tugascout.com/news/2019/...ll-this-season

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Forum Tactician

I don't know why but I have a good feeling with Martin. He is to wise and shrewd and a winner to not make us a serious proposition next season. There have been games where he has shown we can play football but there is also more possibilities in dealing with things that don't go our way (which will happen plenty over a long Champ season) thanks to Martin trying things out. He poses serious questions about probing and probing and not scoring. What do we do ? Was that questioned enough ? Was our defending from set-pieces questioned enough ?
    The approach was more rigid under AK, but its overall success home & away made it beyond question for me. A few key additions in key areas & we had the perfect style for the squad recruited. That was the MO that got Boro up.

Dont really share the enthusiasm that says Martins mixing it up stands us in good stead next season, we've pissed in the wind for the large part, wrong player selections in the passing approach, Id see the end of this season as more of a learning curve in how not to approach next season.

Martins got a decent pedigree, but unlike alot of others, I reckon a one season push is beyond him at this point in his career.

The Clapham Crusader

I don't know why but I have a good feeling with Martin. He is to wise and shrewd and a winner to not make us a serious proposition next season. There have been games where he has shown we can play football but there is also more possibilities in dealing with things that don't go our way (which will happen plenty over a long Champ season) thanks to Martin trying things out. He poses serious questions about probing and probing and not scoring. What do we do ? Was that questioned enough ? Was our defending from set-pieces questioned enough ?

I just think this time we need to stick and not twist. Let the season play out and when the majority of the squad is gone if we have failed with promotion get a young and vibrant manager in. They must do their home work on the possibilities and they must always have a shortlist and keep adding/removing and even if they are from Europe it is fine. But get the right one to start something new.
    We've got a...

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    The approach was more rigid under AK, but its overall success home & away made it beyond question for me. A few key additions in key areas & we had the perfect style for the squad recruited. That was the MO that got Boro up.

Dont really share the enthusiasm that says Martins mixing it up stands us in good stead next season, we've pissed in the wind for the large part, wrong player selections in the passing approach, Id see the end of this season as more of a learning curve in how not to approach next season.

Martins got a decent pedigree, but unlike alot of others, I reckon a one season push is beyond him at this point in his career.
    Club need to keep an eye on the future as well especially when a manager is going all out on one season; if it works it's all glory MON, if it doesn't work he retires and the club suffers the consequences, not much of a downside for the manager (see Hary Redknapp at Birmingham)

Woohoo, a Post article about EM that actually mentions Forest too. I'm more interested on the question regarding leaving Olympiacos now that he owns us. It wasn't a definate no, but rather that if the right person came along he would consider it.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...st-2878142?kmn

lol

lol

a good one at that.

It is ours to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Not normally one for the spin side of things, but that genuinely moved me. Great statement

It's no good, I still hear Fawaz's voice when reading this stuff.

And a picture of the man smiling.

It must be the easiest job in the world writing a speech at Forest. Just mention some European Cups forty years ago and people will lap it up. We've read it all hundreds of times before.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

To be fair he did say "Our plan of the celebration is to focus on the children of Nottingham"; so he's not just simply going to have a few drinks and take a photo of the 'miracle men', he's actually planning something worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    To be fair he did say "Our plan of the celebration is to focus on the children of Nottingham"; so he's not just simply going to have a few drinks and take a photo of the 'miracle men', he's actually planning something worthwhile.
    Getting pissed with the miracle men sounds worthwhile to me, especially if big E is paying!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Getting pissed with the miracle men sounds worthwhile to me, especially if big E is paying!
    Good point! I was actually thinking of all the terrific celebrations Fawaz managed on our 150th.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    The fact he's already built a brilliant legacy at Olympiakos with their entire community at the forefront proves he's a man of substance and will do as he says. We've seen numerous times that he's not a man for spin or talking and only actually makes statements when he really does have something to say.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

The reference to education is interesting. A few years ago, EM tried to sponsor a programme at Oxford. Maybe he's planning to do something like that at the university of Nottingham.

Impressive member

"Obviously the absence of Mr Clough and Mr Taylor will be a great shame"
    Fawaz would have gone that extra mile and employed the services of Burke and Hare (not Oliver and John O' either) to make it that bit special. Marinakis out.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

lol

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The reference to education is interesting. A few years ago, EM tried to sponsor a programme at Oxford. Maybe he's planning to do something like that at the university of Nottingham.
    Imagine that. That'd be a sick.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Imagine that. That'd be a sick.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Parrot?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Fawaz would have gone that extra mile and employed the services of Burke and Hare (not Oliver and John O' either) to make it that bit special. Marinakis out.

very good!

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post

And the obligatory old joke - "I thought Birkenhead was 2 Scouse grave robbers..."