Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Are you in favour of a Evangelos Marinakis takeover / investment?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

67 83.75%
  • NO

13 16.25%
Page 138 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4108

Thread: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

Red til I'm dead

Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    I genuinely can't believe the thousands which slated Fawaz....then returned this year to tell the club to behave exactly like it did under him
    But it’s simple Alf, we should sign great players in every position for fuck all money, win every week playing great football and get promoted by Easter.

Reason they wanted Fawaz out was because he didn’t sign the right players.

If they were chairman they’d sign the right players. They don’t know who those players are, but that’s besides the point.....

The fact they fail to see the correlation between running around like a headless chicken throwing good money after bad and progressively getting worse as a team, club and business for five years shows how fucking stupid a lot of these idiots are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I genuinely can't believe the thousands which slated Fawaz....then returned this year to tell the club to behave exactly like it did under him
    http://www.nottinghampost.com/news/n...am-gcse-162512

It's a city full of thickos that's why.

Who wants that?

You're brilliant at inventing a straw man.

Quote Originally Posted by belefonte View Post
    Who wants that?

You're brilliant at inventing a straw man.
    Warbs has had his head called for - that's a Fawaz move to sack a manager who's moved us forward.

There's demand with some to sign players regardless of our financial situation - again that's a Fawaz mindset.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Despite his age, Marinakis just became a father for the fourth time. So he is now the father of Miltiades, 20 something, and three girls aged 13, 9, and a day.

lol

Damn, the big boy got some efficient swimmers.

Is she called Erica or Forestine?

Terrorist Scum

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Despite his age, Marinakis just became a father for the fourth time. So he is now the father of Miltiades, 20 something, and three girls aged 13, 9, and a day.
    “Impressive skill from the big man there” as they say in the football commentary.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

It's all about mid-table...

Someone's had it in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    “Impressive skill from the big man there” as they say in the football commentary.
    Football commentators are so overreacting; one would have to know his goal to shots ratio in order to judge him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Is she called Erica or Forestine?
    Marian has a nice ring to it.

Not enough for Nottingham Forest

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

Congrats EM, maybe he'll call her Gunner

Weird: this was all over all sports media in the morning, and now they have all taken the story down. Sorry if I reported fake news.

Weird: this was all over all sports media in the morning, and now they have all taken the story down. Sorry if I reported fake news.
    They had high expectations for the baby but after a day it wasn't living up to expectations...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

.k I m
    I m u mm

Interested to hear more from our Greek posters about Marinakis & his history.

These are the managers listed which Olympiakos have had since 2010 when he took over.........

05/01/2018 - 30/06/2018 Óscar Spain 26/04/1973
    25/09/2017 - 04/01/2018 Takis Lemonis Greece 13/01/1960
    01/07/2017 - 25/09/2017 Besnik Hasi Albania 25/12/1971
    23/03/2017 - 30/06/2017 Takis Lemonis Greece 13/01/1960
    06/03/2017 - 22/03/2017 Vasilis Vouzas Greece 23/03/1966
    11/08/2016 - 06/03/2017 Paulo Bento Portugal 20/06/1969
    01/07/2016 - 10/08/2016 Víctor Spain 23/02/1976
    01/07/2015 - 30/06/2016 Marco Silva Portugal 12/07/1977
    07/01/2015 - 30/06/2015 Vítor Pereira Portugal 26/07/1968
    05/02/2013 - 06/01/2015 Míchel Spain 23/03/1963
    19/01/2013 - 04/02/2013 Antonios Nikopolidis Greece 14/10/1971
    01/07/2012 - 18/01/2013 Leonardo Jardim Portugal 01/08/1974
    10/08/2010 - 30/06/2012 Valverde Spain 09/02/1964
    01/07/2010 - 06/08/2010 Ewald Lienen Germany 28/11/1953
    20/01/2010 - 30/06/2010 Božidar Bandović Serbia 30/08/1969

That's 15 in 8 years, roughly 2/year.

Am I missing anything here? Are some of these caretakers etc?

I'm just wondering of we're in for a revolving door manager policy again like under Fawaz?

Zzzzzz

There's a few in there look like a month tenure.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Chill. People.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

I've had sufficient gin to go straight for the ban hammer tonight without recourse to retrospection

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    I've had sufficient gin to go straight for the ban hammer tonight without recourse to retrospection
    Not one of Genesis' finest, to be honest.

Interested to hear more from our Greek posters about Marinakis & his history.

These are the managers listed which Olympiakos have had since 2010 when he took over.........

05/01/2018 - 30/06/2018 Óscar Spain 26/04/1973
    25/09/2017 - 04/01/2018 Takis Lemonis Greece 13/01/1960
    01/07/2017 - 25/09/2017 Besnik Hasi Albania 25/12/1971
    23/03/2017 - 30/06/2017 Takis Lemonis Greece 13/01/1960
    06/03/2017 - 22/03/2017 Vasilis Vouzas Greece 23/03/1966
    11/08/2016 - 06/03/2017 Paulo Bento Portugal 20/06/1969
    01/07/2016 - 10/08/2016 Víctor Spain 23/02/1976
    01/07/2015 - 30/06/2016 Marco Silva Portugal 12/07/1977
    07/01/2015 - 30/06/2015 Vítor Pereira Portugal 26/07/1968
    05/02/2013 - 06/01/2015 Míchel Spain 23/03/1963
    19/01/2013 - 04/02/2013 Antonios Nikopolidis Greece 14/10/1971
    01/07/2012 - 18/01/2013 Leonardo Jardim Portugal 01/08/1974
    10/08/2010 - 30/06/2012 Valverde Spain 09/02/1964
    01/07/2010 - 06/08/2010 Ewald Lienen Germany 28/11/1953
    20/01/2010 - 30/06/2010 Božidar Bandović Serbia 30/08/1969

That's 15 in 8 years, roughly 2/year.

Am I missing anything here? Are some of these caretakers etc?

I'm just wondering of we're in for a revolving door manager policy again like under Fawaz?
    When Marinakis took over, the manager was Linen (Bandović was before the EM era). It was no secret that EM wanted to bring in Valverde, and he did sacking Linen after poor European results.

So in a sense, your list starts with Valverde. Nikopoliidis and Vouzas were caretakers, so you can strike those from your list too. So that's 11 in total (with Lemonis serving twice).

Valverde left on his own, for family reasons. He left maintaining an excellent relationship with everyone at the club, as I've repeatedly said.

He was succeeded by Jardim. He had excellent results, but the team played very defensively and the moaning in the stands and in the press was through the roof. There were repeated calls for sacking him, from members of the Board as well, but EM insisted on keeping. He finally caved in. Jardim's future showed that it was EM's biggest mistake in sacking managers.

Leaving aside the caretaker, the next one was Míchel. I was not impressed, but he stayed for two years. He left after having repeated problems with several players and a general falling out with the club.

Then came Pereira, a very poor choice. He came on very high wages and did practically nothing. We won the championship but it was clear that he was no good. He was sacked and rightfully so. He did nothing since.

Marco Silva came next. He was a very competent manager, completed his first year, the Board did him all the favours he asked for concerning players (most were customers of his own agent). Then, all of a sudden, and when pre-training season had just started, he quit, claiming personal reasons.

We were left stranded in Switzerland in pre-training without a manager. Víctor was brought in; he was Míchel's assistant and widely rumoured to do all the work. He trained the team very harshly, and the result was that the team could not walk in the crucial qualifying games for the Champions League. He thus cost the club 30 m (the guaranteed income for the group stage) and was sacked as a result.

Another Portugueuse, Paulo Bento, was his replacement. Looking permanently as if he was struggling with depression, he performed rather poorly in terms of the football the team were playing. There seemed to be no future with him. He was sacked in March.

The second caretaker after him, Lemonis, completed the season. An old fans' favourite, he was rumoured to be given a chance to continue, but instead Besnik Hasi was brought in, his only qualification being that he had performed very well in CL qualification stage with Legia. It was a poor choice and a criminally grave mistake of judgment. He left the team in shambles, with noone believing their own eyes on the pitch.

Lemonis was brought in again, successfully sorted out the mess, but EM decided, much against the fans' sentiment, to bring again a long-term replacement, Óscar García. We'll see how it goes. He didn't come in cheaply, and the plan is to keep him for 2,5 years.

So, 11 managers. Two of them were not sacked (Valverde, Silva), one stayed for two years (Míchel), one very mistaken sacking (Jardim), two crooks who shouldn't have been hired in the first place (Pereira, Hasi), one who brought his own sacking for objective reasons (Víctor), a depressed and depressing guy (Bento), and a sacking of an OK manager against the very vocal wishes of the fans in favour of a long-term solution (Lemonis). All in all, I would say that premature sackings were not so many: Jardim should obviously have stayed, Bento could have stayed (but don't tell that to Karteo, he hates the guy deeply), Lemonis should have stayed. I think mistaken appointments were more than completely unwarranted sackings.

The real problem with Marinakis and managers, as I've said before, was that he was so utterly in love with Valverde, that after him he kept on looking for the next Valverde. The reason he replaced Lemonis with García much against general sentiment is that he is constantly looking for the next Valverde.

When Marinakis took over, the manager was Linen (Bandović was before the EM era). It was no secret that EM wanted to bring in Valverde, and he did sacking Linen after poor European results.

So in a sense, your list starts with Valverde. Nikopoliidis and Vouzas were caretakers, so you can strike those from your list too. So that's 11 in total (with Lemonis serving twice).

Valverde left on his own, for family reasons. He left maintaining an excellent relationship with everyone at the club, as I've repeatedly said.

He was succeeded by Jardim. He had excellent results, but the team played very defensively and the moaning in the stands and in the press was through the roof. There were repeated calls for sacking him, from members of the Board as well, but EM insisted on keeping. He finally caved in. Jardim's future showed that it was EM's biggest mistake in sacking managers.

Leaving aside the caretaker, the next one was Míchel. I was not impressed, but he stayed for two years. He left after having repeated problems with several players and a general falling out with the club.

Then came Pereira, a very poor choice. He came on very high wages and did practically nothing. We won the championship but it was clear that he was no good. He was sacked and rightfully so. He did nothing since.

Marco Silva came next. He was a very competent manager, completed his first year, the Board did him all the favours he asked for concerning players (most were customers of his own agent). Then, all of a sudden, and when pre-training season had just started, he quit, claiming personal reasons.

We were left stranded in Switzerland in pre-training without a manager. Víctor was brought in; he was Míchel's assistant and widely rumoured to do all the work. He trained the team very harshly, and the result was that the team could not walk in the crucial qualifying games for the Champions League. He thus cost the club 30 m (the guaranteed income for the group stage) and was sacked as a result.

Another Portugueuse, Paulo Bento, was his replacement. Looking permanently as if he was struggling with depression, he performed rather poorly in terms of the football the team were playing. There seemed to be no future with him. He was sacked in March.

The second caretaker after him, Lemonis, completed the season. An old fans' favourite, he was rumoured to be given a chance to continue, but instead Besnik Hasi was brought in, his only qualification being that he had performed very well in CL qualification stage with Legia. It was a poor choice and a criminally grave mistake of judgment. He left the team in shambles, with noone believing their own eyes on the pitch.

Lemonis was brought in again, successfully sorted out the mess, but EM decided, much against the fans' sentiment, to bring again a long-term replacement, Óscar García. We'll see how it goes. He didn't come in cheaply, and the plan is to keep him for 2,5 years.

So, 11 managers. Two of them were not sacked (Valverde, Silva), one stayed for two years (Míchel), one very mistaken sacking (Jardim), two crooks who shouldn't have been hired in the first place (Pereira, Hasi), one who brought his own sacking for objective reasons (Víctor), a depressed and depressing guy (Bento), and a sacking of an OK manager against the very vocal wishes of the fans in favour of a long-term solution (Lemonis). All in all, I would say that premature sackings were not so many: Jardim should obviously have stayed, Bento could have stayed (but don't tell that to Karteo, he hates the guy deeply), Lemonis should have stayed. I think mistaken appointments were more than completely unwarranted sackings.

The real problem with Marinakis and managers, as I've said before, was that he was so utterly in love with Valverde, that after him he kept on looking for the next Valverde. The reason he replaced Lemonis with García much against general sentiment is that he is constantly looking for the next Valverde.
    Brilliant mate, thanks for posting, just what I was looking for

Jardim's situation sounds interesting. Hope that EM has learned from his previous mistakes too.

Bento could have stayed indeed. But then we should leave the stands and run to therapists for addressing depression's results to avoid suicidal impulsion.

Red til I'm dead

Bento is your Freedman then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk