Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Are you in favour of a Evangelos Marinakis takeover / investment?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

67 83.75%
  • NO

13 16.25%
Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3027

Thread: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

Default Re: Evangelos Marinakis Megathread!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    What a sea-change from when we had an accounts clerk from Fawaz' property company responsible for all our finances. No wonder we were up in court so often.
    Whenever you mention stories of how the club was run under Fawaz I almost fear to ask if you are kidding or not. A borrowed clerk in charge of finances? WTF? How did that guy make money in his own business?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rice 13

RAIL Madrid?

RAIL Madrid?!?!
    From a interview with a idiot who used to get wage for running around on a football pitch for them down the A5-2

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/1887.html

Incidentally, what does a Head of Football Operations do? The Olympiacos equivalent would be, I think, the Director of the Football Department, who manages all the details pertaining to the everyday operation of the club at all levels. But Anagnostou seems a bit overqualified for that job.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Whenever you mention stories of how the club was run under Fawaz I almost fear to ask if you are kidding or not. A borrowed clerk in charge of finances? WTF? How did that guy make money in his own business?
    His Dad made the money, Fawaz spent the money.

Left Winger

As above, Fawaz money was essentially a family inheritance. He was given some funds to establish a property company in London (where, frankly, you would have to be an absolute cretin not to make money in property) and when he took over Forest, he appointed a guy named Lalou Tifrit, whose CV had - up to that point - consisted of him being the only accounts clerk in Fawaz' London property company) as the de-facto "Head of Finance" for Nottingham Forest.

This is a guy whose duties, up to his elevation to a departmental-leadership position at Forest, probably consisted of collecting the post, sorting the cheques and then taking them to the bank, doing some basic accounts (Fawaz' property company was not exactly huge) and that's about it.

As I say, it is absolutely no wonder we were brought up to court so often for missed payments, late accounts, and similar financial mismanagement. It became embarrassing.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    His Dad did a few dodgy deals Fawaz spent the money.
    Ftfy

Not that type of player

Incidentally, what does a Head of Football Operations do? The Olympiacos equivalent would be, I think, the Director of the Football Department, who manages all the details pertaining to the everyday operation of the club at all levels. But Anagnostou seems a bit overqualified for that job.
    This is what the Head of Football Operations does at Huddersfield:

https://www.htafc.com/news/2015/june...ons-explained/

Football Operations encompasses all the support staff and activities that support the First Team, Development Squad and Academy football set-ups:

- Scouting; player intelligence, identification and assessment of players and opposition
    - Recruitment; market intelligence, getting players and technical staff (coaches and support staff) in and management of contracts (succession planning)
    - Sports Science; covering strength and conditioning, diet and nutrition
    - Medical; physiotherapy, doctors, injury rehab
    - Analysis; player, opposition and own team – including video analysis and statistical

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Incidentally, what does a Head of Football Operations do?.
    Under Fawaz:

oopsy daisy!

Mark Arthur, put that in your Pipe and smoke it!
    He wouldn't buy the pipe. He'd put in a few derisory bids for one on ebay though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post

Wowzers. It sounds like they're trying to run us like a professional club or summat.

Thank fuck Mark Arthur is long gone.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

SO what does the Sporting Director do?

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    Along with player recruitment, Frank McParland's primary task in that role was the creation of a comprehensive scouting network totally from scratch - a concept that Fawaz deemed unnecessary when he could simply employ an agent to source players for him.

Gone are the days when the trainer ran on to help an injured player with a bucket of water and a sponge and you got half an orange to suck at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Gone are the days when the trainer ran on to help an injured player with a bucket of water and a sponge and you got half an orange to suck at half time.
    You forgot to mention that at many clubs he also acted as the kitman Richard.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    Good question. Otis makes a good point. I'm guessing the SD answers to the Head of Operations?

Good question. Otis makes a good point. I'm guessing the SD answers to the Head of Operations?
    Sporting Director is the football side of things, head of football operations is the structure of the whole thing, medical teams, analysis staff, scouting database (not just the traditional scouting - setting up long term permanent scouting systems)? That would be my hunch anyway.

Would he not be the equalivalwnt of the "Strategic Advisor" at Olympiacos? Which is that former French World Cup winner who's name escapes me.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    We got a new guy in town.

Michael Anagnostou - Head of Football Operations

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/c...cts/whos-who2/
    He followed the club on Twitter way back in early August so I would assume he's been at the club for a while now.

I think he's definitely the equivalent of Olympiacos' "Strategic Advisor"

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Would he not be the equalivalwnt of the "Strategic Advisor" at Olympiacos? Which is that former French World Cup winner who's name escapes me.
    Christian Karembou.

I'm certain our Greek friend, GBG, would be able to clarify his role, but I was under the impression it was more of an advisory one as you state, whereas Anagnostous' appears more senior managerial?

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 13-09-17 at 23:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Christian Karembou.

I'm certain our Greek friend, GBG, would be able to clarify his role, but I was under the impression it was more of an advisory one as you state, whereas Anagnostous' appears more senior managerial?
    Karembeu has, indeed, a different role than what Anagnostou's competences, CV and experience seems to suggest. Karembeu is attached to EM directly, and he is involved mainly in football business decisions beyond the football division proper: business collaboration with other clubs, especially abroad, football institutions, mainly international, relations with agents, high-profile PR. Of course he is very present at the club in all facets of its operations (he watches the academy games regularly), but he's more of an advisor than a senior managerial officer. The idea is to have someone with a first-hand experience of top-level football next to the top tier of decision making. I would guess Metgod fills that spot in Forest's organigram.

Perhaps the idea is to couple someone like Metgod with someone with a more hardcore technocratic approach to things.

All that just to get some more defenders in?

Left Winger

Johnny Metgod was a competent Centre Back too.

Johnny Metgod was a competent Centre Back too.
    Perhaps, but Karembeu was married to top model Adrianna Sklenarikova. And divorced her (she was heart-broken). And married someone half his age.

Beat that Johny Metgod.

Would love a job like that

But that is nice and thorough. Like in any organisation you need certain people to answer to certain people and oversee things. Sometimes to bounce ideas off to. This guy sounds like he has a very good cv and will bring a wealth of experience.

I hardly know him, nor can I find much info about him in Greek media, which probably means that he is one of the very few people ever involved with Greek football who made no enemies, hence the press never bothered with him.

He worked with Giannis Moralis, vice-president of Olympiacos, elected president of Superleague and currently mayor of Piraeus. Anagnostou's MSc was at Sheffield.
    I love how surprised you sound.

Just love how Evangelos goes about owning a football club. No doubt his experience has resulted in him having a wealth of contacts.