Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 323 of 323 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323
Results 8,051 to 8,058 of 8058

Thread: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

Where's me hammer?

Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I agree.

I doubt he's a 'racist' as such. Just ignorant and plain dumb.
    So has he said it "live?" Or just on a podcast? If it's just on a podcast someones done him there good and proper.... they could have just had a quiet word and not used him or the piece again.

Reading that i dont think hes set out to be racist hes used a describing word and its fucked him.

Bizarre world we live in now where there should maybe be a manslaughter equivalent of things said. Craig Rammage ain't no Tommy Robinson.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So has he said it "live?" Or just on a podcast? If it's just on a podcast someones done him there good and proper.... they could have just had a quiet word and not used him or the piece again.

Reading that i dont think hes set out to be racist hes used a describing word and its fucked him.

Bizarre world we live in now where there should maybe be a manslaughter equivalent of things said. Craig Rammage ain't no Tommy Robinson.

I think it was live, then it's posted online after for people to listen back to. Editor probably just chucked it straight on. Whoever he was talking with at the time should have challenged him on it.

I don't agree it's just used as a describing word through. It's the context of it.

He's talking about young players at Derby, and them thinking they're already good enough. In short, he's ripping into some players for their attitude. Which isn't an issue. But then he singles players out, not by name but just points the finger at the 'black lads'.

That's not using a word to describe some people. It's obvious from the context of his statement he things young black lads have an attitude problem. Well, I mean he's actually said he thinks they have.

If he said Bogle, Lowe and Whittaker's attitudes are poor. They've stopped working hard and think they've already made it. There's no issue. But he's just said the attitude of the young black lads is wrong.

He doesn't deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered. He should just be told he won't be able to be on the radio or report on Derby anymore. But the context of his statement is racist.

He's done himself.

Apart from anything else, if a guy working for BBC radio every week doesn't understand he cannot say that when being recorded, live or not, he's an obvious liability for Radio Derbyshire.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I think it was live, then it's posted online after for people to listen back to. Editor probably just chucked it straight on. Whoever he was talking with at the time should have challenged him on it.

I don't agree it's just used as a describing word through. It's the context of it.

He's talking about young players at Derby, and them thinking they're already good enough. In short, he's ripping into some players for their attitude. Which isn't an issue. But then he singles players out, not by name but just points the finger at the 'black lads'.

That's not using a word to describe some people. It's obvious from the context of his statement he things young black lads have an attitude problem. Well, I mean he's actually said he thinks they have.

If he said Bogle, Lowe and Whittaker's attitudes are poor. They've stopped working hard and think they've already made it. There's no issue. But he's just said the attitude of the young black lads is wrong.

He doesn't deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered. He should just be told he won't be able to be on the radio or report on Derby anymore. But the context of his statement is racist.
    If you get asked to describe someone by the police your description would certainly contain their ethnicity. I.e hes white, 6 foot tall with a gammy leg. Hence why I'm saying hes used describing words.

I ain't defending it and I've no doubt hes gone and rightly so but I dont think hes gone out thinking I'm gonna spout racism on the radio today.

The fact its available to listen to again is poor showing by BBC Derby. Best to either cut him out completely or make it not available because of comments made.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If you get asked to describe someone by the police your description would certainly contain their ethnicity. I.e hes white, 6 foot tall with a gammy leg. Hence why I'm saying hes used describing words.

I ain't defending it and I've no doubt hes gone and rightly so but I dont think hes gone out thinking I'm gonna spout racism on the radio today.

The fact its available to listen to again is poor showing by BBC Derby. Best to either cut him out completely or make it not available because of comments made.

I agree in general. But I think the context and circumstances don't require him to talk about 'young black lads' in his discussion.

I don't disagree about him not going on the radio to spout racism. I think he's someone who loves the sound of his own voice, he's got carried away in slating young lads who he thinks already have ideas above their station. But from the quote, that screams to me he genuinely has an issue with the attitude of young black lads. Not just two lads who also happen to be black.

He's not ID'ing an offender. Think his comment is just stupid, ignorant and naive.

Racial stereotyping just isn't very smart whichever way you look at it.

I reckon he genuinely thinks it is the case. Which is disappointing.

Last edited by BryanRoy; Yesterday at 18:03.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

There's the world of difference between saying "they're lazy and they're black" and "they're lazy BECAUSE they're black".

Context is SO important.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I agree but still, if anyone else in any other profession said that kind of thing they would be out of a job, so he can't really complain if he gets sacked.
    You should be correct Ashley but you are wrong on that one. I have a shocking example of racist bullying in my profession and the guy was just moved to another office and has since been promoted.