Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 317 of 323 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 8070

Thread: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

      
  1. #7901
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    11,323

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    We could have done with some of this kind of shenanigans when Fawaz was in charge.

    Sounds like we can expect some sort of rule change/tightening relating to amortisation - Derby have played according to the letter of the law, if not the spirit, here. I'm not sure what the EFL can do to them for the amortisation apart from ask them to follow the same practice as all other clubs. So we'll just have to settle for a point deduction for breaking FFP rules and selling the ground for £81 million.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #7902
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    43,681

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Amortization afaik spreads the transfer cost over the contract, until at the end its 0. Looks like they were keeping a high value to the end of the contract, unless I've got that wrong

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  4. #7903
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    82,999

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    Amortization afaik spreads the transfer cost over the contract, until at the end its 0. Looks like they were keeping a high value to the end of the contract, unless I've got that wrong
    No, you’re right.

    The difference here is that Derby amortised a (much) power amount annually which left themselves with a large positive value for the player at the end of the contract.

    That’s important because the lower amortised value means they can „lose“ more each season for FFP purposes - so potentially the could spend more.

    I think the EFL objection relates to the actual values they were booking, and not the actual accounting method involved (which is perfectly legal).

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  5. #7904
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    11,323

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    There's no doubting that they've indulged in some shady practice, the difficulty for the EFL is that they may have initially set their rules to be too lenient to give any weight to punishment. Essentially, they didn't think Mad Mel (and others) would cheat the system as much as he has. As exciting as it is, I can't see them receiving a point deduction which will mean that they lose a few league places, but that relegation is not caused as a result. I don't think the EFL has the bottle to impose points deductions on any club which results in a relegation or prevents promotion when it comes to FFP.


  6. #7905
    Account removed
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,139

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    There's no doubting that they've indulged in some shady practice, the difficulty for the EFL is that they may have initially set their rules to be too lenient to give any weight to punishment. Essentially, they didn't think Mad Mel (and others) would cheat the system as much as he has. As exciting as it is, I can't see them receiving a point deduction which will mean that they lose a few league places, but that relegation is not caused as a result. I don't think the EFL has the bottle to impose points deductions on any club which results in a relegation or prevents promotion when it comes to FFP.
    I do.

    Without setting a precedent the EFL leave themselves wide open to every club abusing the system.

    Ultimately the EFL can only pass the figures given to them, they themselves don't go through each clubs books looking for discrepancies, they haven't got the manpower for a start.

    Derby have very much gamed the system and deserve every punishment coming their way.


  7. #7906
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Everywhere, and yet nowhere to be seen
    Posts
    1,315

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    This is why they extended Bradley Johnson’s contract at the end of last season, as they could not afford the loss of his value in their books. He left on a free, but they effectively rolled the loss forward.

    The EFL may also have a look at the transfer of Tom Ince. His transfer fee was included in the previous years accounts (they sold him a couple of days after the accounting period ended).


  8. #7907
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    40,174

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    There's no doubting that they've indulged in some shady practice, the difficulty for the EFL is that they may have initially set their rules to be too lenient to give any weight to punishment. Essentially, they didn't think Mad Mel (and others) would cheat the system as much as he has. As exciting as it is, I can't see them receiving a point deduction which will mean that they lose a few league places, but that relegation is not caused as a result. I don't think the EFL has the bottle to impose points deductions on any club which results in a relegation or prevents promotion when it comes to FFP.
    Well .. Leeds were docked points which cost them automatic promotion...

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  9. #7908
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    9,887

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    No, you’re right.

    The difference here is that Derby amortised a (much) power amount annually which left themselves with a large positive value for the player at the end of the contract.

    That’s important because the lower amortised value means they can „lose“ more each season for FFP purposes - so potentially the could spend more.

    I think the EFL objection relates to the actual values they were booking, and not the actual accounting method involved (which is perfectly legal).
    Not sure about the legality angle, so far as I am aware UK SAPS still dictates that any asset is depreciated over the useful life of the asset. So I guess the argument relates on how you quantify the useful life of a footballer; is it the length contract or the expected length of the footballer's career?

    Now my experience would tell me that the asset is the contract not the player therefore my interpretation of UKSAP would be that what Derby was doing would not pass muster with any half decent auditor.

    In any event it would only provide temporary relief if the player leaves on a free or is sold for less than the remaining book value then that will be an instant loss.

    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  10. #7909
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    82,999

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    In any event it would only provide temporary relief if the player leaves on a free or is sold for less than the remaining book value then that will be an instant loss.
    Yes, it would be a loss, but what I think the EFL are getting at is that the sheep have punted that essential loss down the road, to the end of a players‘ contract, so, rather than take the hit now, they get it in 2-3-4 years or whenever, and - presumably - their fiendish plan was to have been promoted by then (bear in mind, this scheme seems to have been cooked-up some years back, when they were challenging at the tougher end of the league!) so maybe it’ll come back and bite them on the arse.


  11. #7910
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    9,887

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    I only know of two methods of depreciation allowed under UK SAP/GAAP and they are straight line or reducing balance. Now in theory they could be using a low percentage reducing balance which could have the effect of a balance remaining at the end of the contract, however that method should only be used where the life of the asset is difficult to determine. With a contract as the asset having a fixed end date I am sure decent auditors would not allow it.
    They could be in deep doo doo here.


  12. #7911
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    82,999

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    I only know of two methods of depreciation allowed under UK SAP/GAAP and they are straight line or reducing balance. Now in theory they could be using a low percentage reducing balance which could have the effect of a balance remaining at the end of the contract, however that method should only be used where the life of the asset is difficult to determine. With a contract as the asset having a fixed end date I am sure decent auditors would not allow it.
    They could be in deep doo doo here.
    That was exactly my thought, as per GAAP.

    I agree with you though, I think they EFL have called them on it, and they might be in trouble.


  13. #7912
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,098

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    I don't want Derby to go down just by a points reduction for evil deeds, I want to beat them fair and square.

    Oh yeah!!?


  14. #7913
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,685

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Went to have a read at the Derby forum yesterday but it is closed and seems to have been taken over by the Institute of Chartered Accountants.


  15. #7914
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    37,059

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    Went to have a read at the Derby forum yesterday but it is closed and seems to have been taken over by the Institute of Chartered Accountants.


    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

  16. #7915
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    82,999

    Default The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    Went to have a read at the Derby forum yesterday but it is closed and seems to have been taken over by the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
    Forum Admin, Mr. A. Pewtey.

    Last edited by Strummer; 23-01-20 at 11:03.

  17. #7916
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,376

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    This thread is therapy to me when feeling a little down after a result like last night.

    As if supporting Derby isn't bad enough, they are having a poor season on the pitch. Off it, well they are a complete clusterfusk and everyone within football hates them.

    Things aren't so bad.


  18. #7917
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    40,174

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    I wonder if this suspect accounting system is what Mad Mel means when he speaks of "The D***y way..."...?!


  19. #7918
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo
    Posts
    24,502

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Oxford United have made the loan signing of Derby's George Thorne permanent. Derby's accounts are showing the fee as £240m.


  20. #7919
    Rice # 42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Hucknall
    Posts
    6,319

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!




  21. #7920
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,865

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    BT Sport getting a big old slice of the Wayne Rooney pie


  22. #7921
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,821

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Wooney playing again, Cocu’s not allowed to rest his 35 year old star player because the betting company that pay Wooney’s wages say so


  23. #7922
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,685

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Whenever I log onto the BBC sport website I keep thinking I’ve got a photo of Shrek as a screensaver. That fuckers ugly face is going to burn his face into my screen.


  24. #7923
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    37,059

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Derby being robbed of a pen and a sending off for the oppo is funny, but if it had been at an EPL club VAR would have been involved. I can’t see how the FA can claim this is fair.


  25. #7924
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,685

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Derby being robbed of a pen and a sending off for the oppo is funny, but if it had been at an EPL club VAR would have been involved. I can’t see how the FA can claim this is fair.
    I agree and in light of the mass protests and non piss takes from
    Derby fans of our Chelsea result will give their case the same treatment.


  26. #7925
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,821

    Default Re: The demise of Cocu the Clown‘s Wayne Rooney's Direby County!

    Fuck em, daft sheepshaggers


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •