Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 1,151 to 1,163 of 1163

Thread: Jorge Grant

Default Re: Jorge Grant

When we signed Vaughan on loan every fan was in awe of him and he played well the next season, he most definitely had a gradual decline.

Fox was an odd one he wasn't great in his loan and then Pearce arrived and said he'd honor the deal so I assume we loaned him with a view to a permanent. I thought he was poor and we shouldn't of.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

lol

My affinity towards Dougie wasn't football related in any case, I knew it was some shit football other than THAT game against Charlton that Chris loved. It was my love for Brynn and also my love for how good Douglas looked. I still think he's the sexiest man to ever manage us, Post Clough.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post

Like Fazza thought that far ahead

Either way, it was the wrong decision & Pearce should have been backed more.

Folk can diss his tactics all they like, but a team with Antonio, Britt, Maguire & Adams in would have been competitive for promotion regardless.

And people we STILL tell us today that they couldn't see progression under him Hell we'd have had a fucking Prem squad for about 15m had Pearce been backed

Just trying to balance the argument, I don't think any manager in the world would get us promoted with Fawaz as owner.

However, either Fawaz was a spend-happy idiot who gave Billy and Pearce an open chequebook which subsequently got us into an embargo, or he blocked manager's signings. I'm not sure we can have it both ways. He had many faults but failing to back his managers in the transfer market wasn't one of them.

I find it a little inconsistent how he would sanction signings like Veldwyk for a million but not Maguire, or Louis Laing or Roger Riera but not Adams for 20k. There's more to that, if it's even true, is all I'm saying.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    Just trying to balance the argument, I don't think any manager in the world would get us promoted with Fawaz as owner.

However, either Fawaz was a spend-happy idiot who gave Billy and Pearce an open chequebook which subsequently got us into an embargo, or he blocked manager's signings. I'm not sure we can have it both ways. He had many faults but failing to back his managers in the transfer market wasn't one of them.

I find it a little inconsistent how he would sanction signings like Veldwyk for a million but not Maguire, or Louis Laing or Roger Riera but not Adams for 20k. There's more to that, if it's even true, is all I'm saying.

SOD may of, if he hadnt been fired purely because Fawaz wouldn't have had enough time to truly screw him over, or Davies if he was brought the same time Mccliesh was.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post

I didn't think Fazza was a spend-happy idiot. And personally I think he chose to embrace the embargo rather than find a way around it as a prelude to leaving so he didn't have to spend owt.

But yeah there could be more to it.

Either way though, Pearce has an eye for a player and a side consisting of his best signings & potential signings would have taken us to another level.

Folk just try and sweep Psycho's time under the carpet as "shit manager", but that's coz they've no real appriciation of how things work. And Pearce is the only person we've had at the club who's had the contacts & influence to bring genuine Prem quality players here, in most cases for threpance.

I hope this is a wake up call to those who wanted to throw that away just so Dougle & Monty could drag us down the league. A move of abject stupidity all round. It was the wrong move, it remains the wrong move, and anyone who'd sooner have had the Dougie & Monty years rather than see Pearce build a Prem team is an idiot.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 08-07-19 at 20:02.

Default Jorge Grant

Heís settled in well then

I see Jorge Grant scored a worldy overhead kick in preseason for Lincoln yesterday.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

5 assists already, 1 goal too. Good stuff

Purveyor of exotic goods

The one that got away perhaps?

Glad the lads doing well - Forest through and through int' he.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
    The one that got away perhaps?

Glad the lads doing well - Forest through and through int' he.
    He's only been with us since 2013, has had a stop start career with injuries and leaving the academy system for a year after being released by Reading(?).
    Always struck me as a trier though and you can't ask for any more than that from the player.

lol

One of the Nike academy lads ainít he?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    One of the Nike academy lads ainít he?
    Yep, had about a year there I think.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Yep, had about a year there I think.
    The best player to come out of that academy seems to be Tom Rogic, that Aussie midfielder from Celtic. Or maybe that black guy Waris who plays in Europe, most noticeably Lorient.