Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Jorge Grant

Default Re: Jorge Grant

500k seems insanely low, as 100k sounded for Yates - especially for a player that signed a new contract not 6 months ago.

Seems likely they both go on loan to better teams to develop their talent better. County could have had appiah and Edser to replace them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    There's something about Grant i'm still not totally sold on. He floats in and out of games. He has great technique. But i'm not sure on whether he'll ever do it here.

If we could get a 7 figure fee and a sell-on. I'd probably take it.

Others will disagree, just a feeling I have from seeing him play for us and Notts. I've got more confidence in Yates doing it here.
    I totally concur from what I've seen too SSM. I'm definitely more hopeful for yates.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    .....County could have had appiah and Edser to replace them?
    Happy to be corrected, but I think Appiah's still at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    One of the many exciting forward prospects we have then - I get them mixed up!

There's something about Grant i'm still not totally sold on. He floats in and out of games. He has great technique. But i'm not sure on whether he'll ever do it here.

If we could get a 7 figure fee and a sell-on. I'd probably take it.

Others will disagree, just a feeling I have from seeing him play for us and Notts. I've got more confidence in Yates doing it here.
    Floats in n out of games? Like Dowell n McKay then? What were u expecting? He plays in the same position as Dowell.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Floats in n out of games? Like Dowell n McKay then? What were u expecting? He plays in the same position as Dowell.
    Yes he does.

McKay and Dowell have a lot more talent that he does. They're both younger. (admittedly, BMc only by months, KD by a lot). They've both achieved and proved a lot more at a higher level also.

There's a huge gap between Dowell, McKay and then Jorge Grant. Not even in the same ball park.

Yes he does.

McKay and Dowell have a lot more talent that he does. They're both younger. (admittedly, BMc only by months, KD by a lot). They've both achieved and proved a lot more at a higher level also.

There's a huge gap between Dowell, McKay and then Jorge Grant. Not even in the same ball park.
    At the minute. Dowell obviously is light years ahead of the majority of footballers in this country, but I donít think McKay would be doing much better in L2 than Grant is.

Iím just not so quick to write the boy off.

The main thing, creative players r not always consistent. He came up late and was picked up from the Nike academy. He's finally starting to blossom, be it lower league. Not going to write him off.

Best served cold

Grant has barely kicked a ball for us so I am not sure how people can cast definitive judgement over whether he is good enough for us, or how much talent he has.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Don’t tell County fans that. They will be trolling his school.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    The main thing, creative players r not always consistent. He came up late and was picked up from the Nike academy. He's finally starting to blossom, be it lower league. Not going to write him off.
    I haven't written him off as a footballer.

I've said if we were to get a bid of 7 figures on a sell on, personally i'd let it happen.

I'm aware he has talent. He has great technique and is good at arriving late in the box.

But outside of playing for Forest, i've watched him play a few times for Notts, and I don't see him doing what he's doing there at Forest.

If you read that Notts thread on their forum where they're whinging about Yates being recalled, they're even turning their nose up at the suggestion of him being worth 500k.

He has a talent, from watching him, I believe it's one that wont stand up at Champ level. I'm aware people will disagree, that's cool, football is about opinions. But to compare him to McKay and Dowell is madness.

Last edited by Steve Stone's Mullet; 12-01-18 at 14:42.

If you read that Notts thread on their forum where they're whinging about Yates being recalled, they're even turning their nose up at the suggestion of him being worth 500k....
    Those Saddie comments have to be taken in context though SSM. They're making them in anticipation of JG going elsewhere before the window closes, just as they're beginning to devalue Yates's impact at Murder Lane now it's been confirmed that it was entirely his decision to go to Scunthorpe - not forgetting of course that "Florist" are "scumbags" for offering him that choice.

I haven't written him off as a footballer.

I've said if we were to get a bid of 7 figures on a sell on, personally i'd let it happen.

I'm aware he has talent. He has great technique and is good at arriving late in the box.

But outside of playing for Forest, i've watched him play a few times for Notts, and I don't see him doing what he's doing there at Forest.

If you read that Notts thread on their forum where they're whinging about Yates being recalled, they're even turning their nose up at the suggestion of him being worth 500k.

He has a talent, from watching him, I believe it's one that wont stand up at Champ level. I'm aware people will disagree, that's cool, football is about opinions. But to compare him to McKay and Dowell is madness.
    and u are obviously missing the point. mckay and dowell were just used as example , creative especially goal scoring creative types isn't going to be the most consistent , u juat have to look at our past players - majewski,mcgugan etc. if u want runners , u can have the likes of cash and scrappy doo.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Grant has barely kicked a ball for us so I am not sure how people can cast definitive judgement over whether he is good enough for us, or how much talent he has.
    The amount of times youíve said this is ridiculous and it should be pinned somewhere up top.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    The amount of times youíve said this is ridiculous and it should be pinned somewhere up top.
    Hulk is right though.

As mentioned previously, one of my favourite matches under of the season before last was the Home 0-0 against Charlton, when we deployed Grant, Oliver Burke and Tyler Walker as a mobile front three.

Grant showed enough that day to indicate he had something to offer and he can only have improved with regular football, whatever the level.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Hulk is right though.

As mentioned previously, one of my favourite matches under of the season before last was the Home 0-0 against Charlton, when we deployed Grant, Oliver Burke and Tyler Walker as a mobile front three.

Grant showed enough that day to indicate he had something to offer and he can only have improved with regular football, whatever the level.
    Love me some Dougie football!

Iíve always kept faith with grant, he has talent. He just needs the confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    He just needs the confidence.
    He's clearly got that; it's an opportunity at a higher level that he needs. Hopefully he'll got one before the January window closes - especially as Nolan and Hardy confidently claim they can adequately cover the loss of Yates and, potentially, Grant.

Recall him and get him in the first team immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Across the Road View Post
    Recall him and get him in the first team immediately

Spot on

I wouldn’t be against recalling him just to see Alan Hardys head explode.

It's all about mid-table...

They reckon he's anonymous most games but always in the right place at the right time to pop a goal in.

Priceless commodity for most clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    He would certainly be left with egg on his face if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    This Saddie won't be amused......

"The overall reaction on the scum messageboards is laughable - their fans seem to think that Yates being recalled is hilarious because it has annoyed Alan Hardy........" Elite Pie, SadpieMad 14/01/18

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    They reckon he's anonymous most games but always in the right place at the right time to pop a goal in.

Priceless commodity for most clubs.
    I've mentioned the Notts supporting cleaner at my work before on here in previous threads. He's a bit delusional at the best of times particularly when it comes to Notts.

I haven't seen him since before Christmas so it was nice to come in to work today and have a bit a of a wind up with him about Yates - He doesn't seem bothered that he's left:

"The lad from Liverpool is class, haven't seen him before but must be decent and better than Yates because he's from Liverpool" -

Got on to talking about Grant and he goes

"He's a lazy bugger, yeah he's scored a few goals but does bugger else. Not what we need at Notts at the moment" Erm??

I listened to the game at Sincil Bank on my way to Nottingham and it sounded like Grant did fuck all but score a worldy from 10 yards in that game.

I don't think he can get away with that here. Like we saw Clough get his pants pulled down by Snodgrass time and time again on Saturday - IMO it's Grants defensive game that needs to be improved.

Saying that, we even saw McKay throw in a couple of big challenges when he come on. Remember one particularly well time slide tackle specifically.