Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Jorge Grant

Default Re: Jorge Grant

Forget promotion, without Grant they would be in the conference.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    That's the term we're generally referred by on their forum.
    So I gather, along with other terms like Rushcliffe Rovers (quite witty I admit) and the F word.

Now the F word does make me chuckle bearing in mind the letter their second name begins with.

This entire scenario is incredibly childish and from people like Hardy incredibly unprofessional.

We are not trying to spite their promotion season anymore than we were doing them favours at the start of the year. This is and always have been a business transaction. It’s not favours and spite. We exchange talented players for experience and coaching.

Both teams recieve something that favours them and both teams are working with only their own interests at heart. Notts wanted to field the best side and decided that grant/Yates would help them achieve that.

We want our players to get the best experience possible to fast track their development. As soon as we see that we can achieve this better somewhere else, we of course move to make it happen, as we are working for forests interests. Similarly, if county decided that they could field a stronger team with out grant or Yates they would, because they are working for County’s interest.

We are in a good position to have a continued relationship with each other if hardy starts to act more professionally. If he deems us taking our talent back in order to further their careers too disruptive then he dosnt have to take any more loans from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Send next years youngsters to Jack Lester instead.
    This.

It also helps JL doesn’t play hoof ball.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Don't let it wind you up, just pat them on the head and laugh, it riles them even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Player-12 View Post
    We are not trying to spite their promotion season
    If I was calling the shots, Id make this top of my thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    If I was calling the shots, Id make this top of my thought process.
    For me it’s getting our young players ready to help in our own promotion push, of which County have done a excellent job.

I was quite surprised Grant and yates weren't loaned out to league one teams anyway. Grant had already proved he could do it in league 2 and yates had played at Shrewsbury.

I may have missed it here but we’re recalling Grant and sending him to Bradford according to the mail

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I may have missed it here but we’re recalling Grant and sending him to Bradford according to the mail
    Oh i do hope this is true!!!

I just hope both go up a division and put in solid displays. Buts them both in good stead for returning to our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Oh i do hope this is true!!!
    I hope it isn't true, I'm still recovering after laughing too much yesterday

Bitter? Me? I might like my beer bitter, but I don't give Notts enough thought to be bitter.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

I'd be surprised if we accept £500k for him at this stage, especially given that top-scoring League 2 players have evidently gone for more money in the recent past.

I do however consider a loan to Bradford (assuming AK isn't minded to have a look at him back at the CG), would of benefit, not only in terms of testing him at a higher level - which is the most important consideration - but also getting him away from Nottingham to see how he copes in a different environment away from his comfort-zone.

I'd be surprised if we accept £500k for him at this stage, especially given that top-scoring League 2 players have evidently gone for more money in the recent past.

I do however consider a loan to Bradford (assuming AK isn't minded to have a look at him back at the CG), would be of benefit to both the club and the player, not only in terms of testing him at a higher level - which is the most important consideration - but also getting him away from Nottingham to see how he copes in a different environment away from his comfort-zone.

Red til I'm dead

I do however consider a loan to Bradford (assuming AK isn't minded to have a look at him back at the CG), would be of benefit to both the club and the player, not only in terms of testing him at a higher level - which is the most important consideration - but also getting him away from Nottingham to see how he copes in a different environment away from his comfort-zone.
    I agree. Whatever your thoughts on the respective players’ abilities, Kemar Roofe scored 26 goals from midfield in League Two and went for £3m+.

If Grant scores 20+ goals, that alone makes him a seven-figure player in this market.

Loan to Bradford would be great for the next step in his development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's something about Grant i'm still not totally sold on. He floats in and out of games. He has great technique. But i'm not sure on whether he'll ever do it here.

If we could get a 7 figure fee and a sell-on. I'd probably take it.

Others will disagree, just a feeling I have from seeing him play for us and Notts. I've got more confidence in Yates doing it here.

That’s cheered me up, those daft lads across the river really have some issues

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    That’s cheered me up, those daft lads across the river really have some issues
    They are trolling everyone and everything they can. Radio Humbersides twitter/Facebook, the Forest official twitter. I wouldn't be surprised if they were canvassing Everton's to recall Dowell.

A very special club with fans to match. The gift that keeps on giving.

To be fair to a few of their fans on that thread they do acknowledge that they've had good value out of the loans.

Interesting from the guy who mentions Pavis hating us, which is why I don't agree with the contrived trophy. I'd rather they named it after Jimmy Sirrel who was 10 times the bloke that Pavis was.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    To be fair to a few of their fans on that thread they do acknowledge that they've had good value out of the loans.

Interesting from the guy who mentions Pavis hating us, which is why I don't agree with the contrived trophy. I'd rather they named it after Jimmy Sirrel who was 10 times the bloke that Pavis was.
    Pavis was an arsehole who Cloughie booted out of Forest, Jimmy Squirrel was a top bloke and well respected

I'm completely neutral about Notts County, the football club. However ...... their fans are something else.
    The Yates/ Grant situation was purely business. They got players they could only dream about and we got the opportunity to give our younger players game time at a club where they didn't need to leave where they live. Now, it seems that we want them both to try out at a higher level. Quite sensible if we want to assess their worth to us. Not Notts.
    We could do it again. And again, if it suits us. The embittered Notts fans who are criticising us should wake up and smell the coffee. Luckily, our administration don't read their forum and if they do, are above any retaliation.

'Due to the rude and disrespectful manner that certain Notts County fans refer to our club, we have made the difficult decision to cease any loan arrangements between the clubs in the future'. We're above all that.

“Florist” do those twats really think that’s either funny or insulting, they may as well call us gfrhjgh as it has the same comedy effect

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    “Florist” do those twats really think that’s either funny or insulting, they may as well call us gfrhjgh as it has the same comedy effect
    There's a lot more we could do with the word "County".