Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Jorge Grant

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: Jorge Grant

A considered view from SadpieMad.....

".....I've had a bit of a look on the scum messageboards (LTLF?) to see what they think. As you would expect the opinions are a bit mixed, some want Grant in particular recalled, many on the basis that at least it would fuck up our promotion chances** (and they call us bitter)! On the other hand, some seem to realise they are both developing much better here than they would in their reserves and want them to stay, which to me is the correct answer. Grant is a very gifted player who can look moderate for 89 minutes but make a game-changing contribution in the other minute (think Oxford City). Yates is very different in that he will rarely produce a moment of magic, but his involvement is constant in the unsung role he plays. I don't think either are ready for the Championship just yet, and seeing as the loan deals seem to working perfectly from both club's perspective I hope they continue"

**Could the author possibly have read one of my posts I wonder?

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 06-01-18 at 02:41.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post

".....I've had a bit of a look on the scum messageboards (LTLF?) to see what they think. As you would expect the opinions are a bit mixed, some want Grant in particular recalled, many on the basis that at least it would fuck up our promotion chances** (and they call us bitter)! On the other hand, some seem to realise they are both developing much better here than they would in their reserves and want them to stay, which to me is the correct answer. Grant is a very gifted player who can look moderate for 89 minutes but make a game-changing contribution in the other minute (think Oxford City). Yates is very different in that he will rarely produce a moment of magic, but his involvement is constant in the unsung role he plays. I don't think either are ready for the Championship just yet, and seeing as the loan deals seem to working perfectly from both club's perspective I hope they continue"

I tend to agree with their assessment. I've also never felt any bitterness towards county. The closest I come is a patronising little brother attitude that's merely in jest.

I think we could work together for mutual benefit a lot more than we do as two clubs. I sure as shit prefer them to some of the other teams in the football league.

tel - 0898 12 11 74

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    I tend to agree with their assessment. I've also never felt any bitterness towards county. The closest I come is a patronising little brother attitude that's merely in jest.

I think we could work together for mutual benefit a lot more than we do as two clubs. I sure as shit prefer them to some of the other teams in the football league.
    It's the smaller brother thing that really winds them up. There was a year they got to the play final and loads of reds went to give them some moral support. I thought it was a lovely gesture.

Impressive member

I too have a weird fondness for Notts.
    Derby on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Grant is a very gifted player who can look moderate for 89 minutes but make a game-changing contribution in the other minute (think Oxford City).
    We've got a full squad of these at the moment, Grant is better staying with Notts for a while to get match minutes, mature and develop until we've stabilised as a club and can offer him the opportunity to play and perform for a 'bigger' club.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    We've got a full squad of these at the moment, Grant is better staying with Notts for a while to get match minutes, mature and develop until we've stabilised as a club and can offer him the opportunity to play and perform for a 'bigger' club.
    It's like being glad your son is at university when your family home is striken down by bouts of dysentery, caused because the head of the family took a shit in the water source.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    It's the smaller brother thing that really winds them up. There was a year they got to the play final and loads of reds went to give them some moral support. I thought it was a lovely gesture.
    I like Notts as well. I went to Burnden Park for the 3rd division play off semis.Bolton fans were mental.
    To be honest I like the antipathy County fans show us, proves the great guys we are that we simply rise above it, and really winds them up.
    Also agree that it's a mutually beneficial relationship. I'm hoping they get promoted as they'll be a better training ground for our youngsters.

You can't knock any fan that sticks by a club that for most of its life has been scrapping around the lower leagues , True fans nothing wrong with them.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Ive never come across a County fan with a good word for us.

On that premise, Id prefer we made things as difficult as possible for them by bringing the two players home.

We're too fucking soft.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post

On that premise, Id prefer we made things as difficult as possible for them by bringing the two players home.

We're too fucking soft.
    I only come across bitter County fans who like to moan about everything we do/ the media do in regards to us.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post

We're too fucking soft.
    It don't half wind 'em up when you patronise them though, I love it!
    "How's our B team going on?" is a personal favourite at the moment.

So... When was the last time that County and Stags were in the 4th round draw and not Forest? (full of confidence for this afternoon.)

Sent from my London using Tapatalk

I don't like Notts.

Best served cold

We call them bitter because even their owner was taking potshots at our club when he rocked up over there. I’d like to see us let other clubs benefit from our loanees because County fans and their owner seem relentlessly focused on moaning about us. If they don’t like us then don’t ask to borrow our players to drive your promotion push and then act like we should be grateful.

Grant might not be ready for the Chanpionship but he looks like he could play in the league above Notts which is where I’d send him if I were in charge.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

They even turned a Radio Nottingham tweet about who Notts County want in the next round of the Cup into an anti Forest rant

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    We call them bitter because even their owner was taking potshots at our club when he rocked up over there. I’d like to see us let other clubs benefit from our loanees because County fans and their owner seem relentlessly focused on moaning about us. If they don’t like us then don’t ask to borrow our players to drive your promotion push and then act like we should be grateful.

Grant might not be ready for the Chanpionship but he looks like he could play in the league above Notts which is where I’d send him if I were in charge.
    If the next manager is happy for the pair to remain on loan then a League One club will be of more benefit to us and the players. We're also likely to receive a significantly bigger contribution towards their wages than we do at present.

Jorge Grant is interesting Bradford and he has a release clause according to the Mirror.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Jorge Grant is interesting Bradford and he has a release clause according to the Mirror.
    That would just about finish Alan Hardy off.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

You could have used a different phrase. I'm going to have nightmares now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post

i get the same, as out of the area dont really get the local grudge. i think it may be in our best interest if they went up, would could loan them players who would get league 1 experience and they would not have to relocate which can only be a good thing in there development

I read the 10th word of the post you quoted and switched off.

That's the term we're generally referred by on their forum.

...the Liatrom Red

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    I read the 10th word of the post you quoted and switched off.
    Ditto. He then goes on to question why we call them bitter after he has started a thread calling us scum.

Grade A f*ckwit.

Not that type of player

We're scum except for the players we send who help them challenge for promotion.

It helps us to have a small lower league club on our doorstep that where we can send our youngsters to help their development. Aren't there any others who might benefit from Lge 2?

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post
    Ditto. He then goes on to question why we call them bitter after he has started a thread calling us scum.

Grade A f*ckwit.
    We should call him back on principal. Send him to another team who's fans dont regularly call us scum.

If Dowell had gone back I'd be gutted but wouldn't call Everton scum. Just thankful they let us have him for half a season. Its one thing when its a few brain dead fans, every club has them, but when the negativity extends to a majority and includes the chairman posting on twitter about us keeping Dowell it's too much.

Dont bite the hand that feeds. We should recall Grant and loan him to decent league 1 or even a club in the championship relegation zone like Burton if they can use him.

Send next years youngsters to Jack Lester instead.