Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Jorge Grant

Default Re: Jorge Grant

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Flipside is that it’ll test his confidence to play in a team up against it. Might hinder rather than help him.
    Bolton are also likely to compromise the football to scrap for points, total mirror image of what Warburtons doing at our place.
    Would we really want to judge the player under those circumstances?

Id like to think we can find a better fit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    That's the tough one. If the Bolton move is a failure (not played or doesn't score/create as much & dropped) do we re-coup more or less if we decide to sell in the summer ?

Just say we get promoted (which is such a small chance) - ideally we loan him to a Champ team next season. But that is just hoping for everything to fall into place.
    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Bolton are also likely to compromise the football to scrap for points, total mirror image of what Warburtons doing at our place.
    Would we really want to judge the player under those circumstances?

Id like to think we can find a better fit.
    Considering the stupid money being thrown at L2 players, you’re both probably right in that the best place for him is being the big fish in a very successful Notts County side

...the Liatrom Red

Whilst doing well, by all accounts County are hardly playing Champagne football, so a step up at a struggling club like Bolton where they'd be under much more pressure might be a good test of character for both Yates and Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post
    Whilst doing well, by all accounts County are hardly playing Champagne football, so a step up at a struggling club like Bolton where they'd be under much more pressure might be a good test of character for both Yates and Grant
    Think that is the issue with loaning players. You want them to play but you also want them to play the way Forest play. So whilst they getting experience ideally we need to form relationships with clubs who have similar philosophies to us.

Loan move to a League 1 side could be a good move. We need to see how he can do at that level IMO. Because he's been a star in League 2, but he hasn't looked like getting involved in a game at Champ level.

If he was guarenteed to get chances, Wigan could be a smart one.

It all depends what our plans are for him. Didn't he sign a 3yr extension? Might not be the worse move to let him see the season out with Notts, help them go up, then play League 1 with them next season too.

I suspect he will want to see that season out at Notts by his own choice he is part of a successful team and that can a tremendous feeling. If the player is happy there then let him stay.
    These players are people after all not cattle.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Red til I'm dead

Does he train with us at all while he’s over the river?

Sometimes young players do a day with the parent club when they are close together, but I would think Grant probably trains there full time.

If he does stay there, and Notts can wrap up promotion fairly early, could be something we look at towards the end of the season.

My choice would be go to Wigan and play regularly though.

Replace him at Notts with another one of ours maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    let him see the season out with Notts, help them go up,
    I'd rather we pulled him before that became a distinct possibility

Surely there's limits to the lengths we'd go to to progress a player.

The collective saddie faces would be a fucking picture when theyre season goes down the pan without us giving them a leg up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post
    A lot of talk on here about Grant, but it's Ryan Yeats that's really catching the eye down the Lane. He's gonna be some player.
    I'm much more excited about Yates too.

He has caught the eye at every level he has played at and he's a proper battler in midfield, someone that would slot into our system easily.

Not to mention he is 4 years younger than Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Loan move to a League 1 side could be a good move. We need to see how he can do at that level IMO. Because he's been a star in League 2, but he hasn't looked like getting involved in a game at Champ level.

If he was guarenteed to get chances, Wigan could be a smart one.

It all depends what our plans are for him. Didn't he sign a 3yr extension? Might not be the worse move to let him see the season out with Notts, help them go up, then play League 1 with them next season too.
    He should have been playing in League One this season anyway.

For what it's worth, I think we will sell him next season anyway. It's free money, because by all means he was going to sign for Notts on a free anyway. It's good business.

Terrorist Scum

Yates is absolute dross, rubbish, couldn't trap a bag of cement, couldn't string a guitar, never mind a pass, has the pace of an asthmatic carthorse, and his eyesight is worse than George Boyd.

(** above post purely so Google harvest it for the benefit of any Premier League scouts watching).

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I'm much more excited about Yates too.

He has caught the eye at every level he has played at and he's a proper battler in midfield, someone that would slot into our system easily.

Not to mention he is 4 years younger than Grant.
    He’s a bit box to box isn’t he? I wonder if McParland has any alternative targets to McGinn lined up? If we miss out on him, could be a good opportunity for an energetic young midfielder to cone through. Yates and/or Cash maybe?

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    He’s a bit box to box isn’t he? I wonder if McParland has any alternative targets to McGinn lined up? If we miss out on him, could be a good opportunity for an energetic young midfielder to cone through. Yates and/or Cash maybe?
    Or Edser.

That's the tough one. If the Bolton move is a failure (not played or doesn't score/create as much & dropped) do we re-coup more or less if we decide to sell in the summer ?

Just say we get promoted (which is such a small chance) - ideally we loan him to a Champ team next season. But that is just hoping for everything to fall into place.
    I got the impression that the teams were looking to buy Grant in January not loan him.

The tough situation with the guys on loan is the more we improve the higher the quality of player we need (ie Our current u18s)

I'm not stupid enough to write players off though so they deserve every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    I got the impression that the teams were looking to buy Grant in January not loan him.
    Would we want to sell now though ? We gave him a contract till 2020.

Would we want to sell now though ? We gave him a contract till 2020.

For relatively silly money only. As others have said, the likes of Britt were lower league but still fairly expensive. And Grants a midfield goal machine.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    For relatively silly money only. As others have said, the likes of Britt were lower league but still fairly expensive. And Grants a midfield goal machine.
    That is the tough thing. Do we allow him to achieve higher up the pyramid and possibly get a bigger fee or do well sell now with a competition between top clubs with goals and assists happening.

Despite him not being my favourite player I reckon he could easily do what he his doing in L1 & we can afford to be patient with him. 10 goals from wide-left is nothing to sneeze at in any division with the limited amount of games played this season.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 09-11-17 at 09:17.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Yates is absolute dross, rubbish, couldn't trap a bag of cement, couldn't string a guitar, never mind a pass, has the pace of an asthmatic carthorse, and his eyesight is worse than George Boyd.
    Post reported for Barry taking over a moderator's account.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Post reported for Barry taking over a moderator's account.
    You'll know when i take over a mods account pal as your account will suddenly become "inactive"

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You'll know when i take over a mods account pal as your account will suddenly become "inactive"

Bring 'em both back just to piss off the coffin dodgers over there

He’s just bought a house in Notts. I imagine that 3 year contract was given with assurances that he would be staying trentside for at least a couple more years to develop him at either Notts or Forest.

I assume that Hardy will have enquired how much it will cost them to buy Jorge off us should Notts get promoted. I hope that doesn’t happen as id like to see Grant back here.

IMO if they do get promoted we’ll see Nolan scooped up by a Championship club and the saddies will all have a cry.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    He should have been playing in League One this season anyway.

For what it's worth, I think we will sell him next season anyway. It's free money, because by all means he was going to sign for Notts on a free anyway. It's good business.
    I hope not. We are always talking about looking down the leagues for cheap, young, hungry, talented players. Here we have one setting the lower leagues on fire and he's already ours.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    Bring 'em both back just to piss off the coffin dodgers over there
    I’m a coffin dodger and I support Forest, so you mind your manners boy.