Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jorge Grant

Default Re: Jorge Grant

The one who I like the look of most from our young crop. He has an inner assurity which for me means he can keep stepping up through the levels.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Alf has been commenting the Jorge Grant videos

https://youtu.be/a6ge1k2v3SI

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Sack the keeper. Jorge scores from 18 yards out and he got nowhere near any of them. Pah.

I'd love to see him get a proper run.. We're struggling to create and he seems to offer something different when he plays. GG and Vaughn in midfield with Grant in front of them, surely it must be in Dougie's mind..

Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post
    Sack the keeper. Jorge scores from 18 yards out and he got nowhere near any of them. Pah.
    Ben Osborn failed to score against the same keeper https://youtu.be/jt7z10u0adI

Last edited by Carlton Cosmo; 03-03-16 at 09:53.

I've always been a big fan and want to see him get much more game time.

As an attacking midfielder, he's brilliant. The past 3 times I've seen him play in the first team he's been such a bright spark and burst of energy. I wouldn't be against giving him a start, although I'd start him at home first.

Another great product from our Academy. We must be doing something right at Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    As an attacking midfielder, he's brilliant. The past 3 times I've seen him play in the first team he's been such a bright spark and burst of energy. I wouldn't be against giving him a start, although I'd start him at home first.
    An attacking central midfielder, unfortunately that doesn't fit into Dougie's plans.. The only people expected to attack are the two wide men and the one up front...

After the treatment Walker got, I'd be more inclined to blood youngsters away from home from now on. Less pressure etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    After the treatment Walker got, I'd be more inclined to blood youngsters away from home from now on. Less pressure etc.
    exactly there is people on here stating they dont care about our position they want us to play attacking football and play the youth. can gaurantee with youth its gonna be a learning curve and they will have off days but will they cut them any slack?

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    exactly there is people on here stating they dont care about our position they want us to play attacking football and play the youth. can gaurantee with youth its gonna be a learning curve and they will have off days but will they cut them any slack?
    Theres a difference between playing a kid that wants it and a kid that is going through the motions. Hopefully someone will have a word with walker with the examples of benny if you apply yourself or pato if you act like a knob.

It isnt a long career and i think we all want the kids that come through to do well, whether thats for us or with someone else and someone paying us a hefty fee.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Grant has showed more in those 3 games I saw him in than Walker has all season. Everyone has an off game, but that was ridiculous. I did find it strange how Walker is an out and out striker yet he was brought in to replace the wide man Ward. No wonder he does better in the u21's, they play him in the position he's comfortable in.

Grant has showed more in those 3 games I saw him in than Walker has all season. Everyone has an off game, but that was ridiculous. I did find it strange how Walker is an out and out striker yet he was brought in to replace the wide man Ward. No wonder he does better in the u21's, they play him in the position he's comfortable in.
    Thought Grant looked good again yesterday in the little time he was given. Would like to see him get more game time in the coming weeks.

Why not start him off Olive? He's looked good and full of energy and endeavour every time he's played this season.. I just can't get my head around him not getting a start at the moment. And you know when he does get a start it'll be alongside Dex rather than Olive!

I feel for him but at 22 he does need to start taking bigger strides. He goes down to u21 level and he needs to show that he is the go to guy to score goals and create goals and while he does well he just isn't dominating enough to say I am a Forest first team footballer.

Last season when Walker and Burke were absent it was apparent the u21s missed goal threat. Even though we have u18 players in the u21s we just haven't looked threatening enough still.

Think Grant will be going on loan in his last year of contract to try and prove he can make it in professional football ?

Last edited by BryanRoy; 19-04-16 at 05:36.

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    Why not start him off Olive? He's looked good and full of energy and endeavour every time he's played this season.. I just can't get my head around him not getting a start at the moment. And you know when he does get a start it'll be alongside Dex rather than Olive!
    Because it makes much more sense, long-term, to play guys on short-term loans that won't be here next season and to ignore our home grown talent. It's a great plan that's taken us forward over the last three seasons. Why would anyone within the club contemplate trying something different?

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Is he really 22? I thought he was much younger than that?

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

i would try him and lansbury and gardener as the CDM,

He just needs a run in a side and a bit of snap down him.

Devils favourite advocate

Controversial but I dont rate him from what I've seen compared to burke or walker (admittedly first team only) imo he needs some creatine down him.

I really like the look of Grant to me i would go as far to say the best prospect out of the current batch,for the life of me i do not know why we are not starting him at the moment,he cannot even make the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Googler View Post
    I really like the look of Grant to me i would go as far to say the best prospect out of the current batch,for the life of me i do not know why we are not starting him at the moment,he cannot even make the squad
    I agree, but poor planning sees us with a manager with no motive to play youth, he aint got an eye on the future, he just wants to win games.

We should be looking to next season now with Grant & Burke.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    I feel for him but at 22 he does need to start taking bigger strides. He goes down to u21 level and he needs to show that he is the go to guy to score goals and create goals and while he does well he just isn't dominating enough to say I am a Forest first team footballer.

Last season when Walker and Burke were absent it was apparent the u21s missed goal threat. Even though we have u18 players in the u21s we just haven't looked threatening enough still.

Think Grant will be going on loan in his last year of contract to try and prove he can make it in professional football ?
    Couldn't agree more BR. Yesterday was the perfect example - he was full of little twists, turns & flicks but never looked threatening & certainly didn't stand out as an overage player.

I'd personally rate Grant above both Walker and Burke, as I feel for his position he's closer to being a finished product than those two who still have a lot to learn.