Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 3412
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,806

    Default Re: Oliver Burke?

    I can never take someone seriously when they misspell their own team's player names wrong. There is no e in Osborn!

    Saying that though, Burke is a bit like Grant and Evtimov. They all need proper first team football in the lower leagues before they are ready to challenge like Tyler is. Tyler got into the first team squad because Britt and Fryatt are injured and Veldwijk was pants. But he's still well ahead in his development. It's a big ask for him to be the guy for us straight away though.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Re: Oliver Burke?

    Aren't you a clever dick eh, really impressed with your spelling, gold star.


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,580

    Default Re: Oliver Burke?

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    I can never take someone seriously when they misspell their own team's player names wrong. There is no e in Osborn!

    Saying that though, Burke is a bit like Grant and Evtimov. They all need proper first team football in the lower leagues before they are ready to challenge like Tyler is. Tyler got into the first team squad because Britt and Fryatt are injured and Veldwijk was pants. But he's still well ahead in his development. It's a big ask for him to be the guy for us straight away though.
    Disagree.

    Go watch Burke if he puts on the red shirt again & tell me he isn't as ready or not more so than Tyler (who I think is a smart talent himself).

    Burke if given the opportunity with the final 20 minutes in games to build him up will start to earn us points next season. Pace-power-goals. Talents you can't teach.

    No need for Paul Taylor to sign.


  5. #54
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    47,764

    Default Re: Oliver Burke?

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Disagree.

    Go watch Burke if he puts on the red shirt again & tell me he isn't as ready or not more so than Tyler (who I think is a smart talent himself).

    Burke if given the opportunity with the final 20 minutes in games to build him up will start to earn us points next season. Pace-power-goals. Talents you can't teach.

    No need for Paul Taylor to sign.
    If theres anybodys word on the younger players im gonna take its this one.

    Looked good at blackpool away on a shit pitch. Should have been played at the back end of last season. Pretty shit from the coach that one.


  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wadiya
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Oliver Burke?

    Every time I've seen Burke he's just ran around and not really done much with the ball. He's promising, but he hasn't yet transferred any of that to first team level.


  7. #56
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    80,801

    Default Re: Oliver Burke?

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Disagree.

    Go watch Burke if he puts on the red shirt again & tell me he isn't as ready or not more so than Tyler (who I think is a smart talent himself).

    Burke if given the opportunity with the final 20 minutes in games to build him up will start to earn us points next season. Pace-power-goals. Talents you can't teach.

    No need for Paul Taylor to sign.
    ^^^ this.

    Young Burke needs game time to develop. And I think he will develop.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,602

    Default Re: Oliver Burke?

    @FAWAZ_ALHASAWI ‏@fawaz_alhasawi1 2m2 minutes ago
    I’m delighted to announce that Oliver Burke has signed a long-term deal with #NFFC.

    http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/ne...e-2578595.aspx


  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    1,449

    Default Re: Oliver Burke?

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    @FAWAZ_ALHASAWI ‏@fawaz_alhasawi1 2m2 minutes ago
    I’m delighted to announce that Oliver Burke has signed a long-term deal with #NFFC.

    http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/ne...e-2578595.aspx
    Great news, looks like he will play a part this season when he is over his injury.


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,670

    Default Re: Oliver Burke?

    Good news. Take that Villa! Good to see he's overcome his injury as well.


  11. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,670

    Default Re: Oliver Burke?

    I'd like to see him go out on loan this season. He's unlikely to get too much game time, as we have loads of senior wingers, it's probably our strongest area. Particularly considering Dougie has been looking at Walker on the wing.


  12. #61
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    39,774

    Default Re: Oliver Burke?

    \o/
    This is good news.

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  13. #62
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    80,801

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    Nice to see the club doing something right. And also fantastic to see another graduate of the Nigel Doughty Academy make the grade at Forest!


  14. #63

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Nice to see the club doing something right. And also fantastic to see another graduate of the Nigel Doughty Academy make the grade at Forest!


    Great News


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,476

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    I'd keep him at the club mainly because if you take Antonio out of the equation we don't seem to have anyone else with much pace in the whole squad...


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Andover, Hants
    Posts
    2,085

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    Quote Originally Posted by BaconSaver View Post
    I'd keep him at the club mainly because if you take Antonio out of the equation we don't seem to have anyone else with much pace in the whole squad...
    Loan with recall clause it is then!


  17. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    Brilliant news


  18. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,321

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    I'm looking forward to our attack in the second half of the season...

    ABBA: Antonio, Burke, Britt Assombalonga


  19. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,728

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    Very good signing. Great job Forest.


  20. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,318

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    Well done forest


  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,318

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post


    Great News
    For some reason Samuel didn't like your post ??


  22. #71

  23. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    8,545

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    Great stuff. Long shot, but it'd be great if a Championship side wanted him on loan until Christmas. One of the promoted ones maybe? If not, keep him around and get some minutes from the bench under his belt.


  24. #73
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    35,606

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    Good news.

    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

  25. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wadiya
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    Can only think this is to increase his sale value and that he won't be there at the end of it.


  26. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,670

    Default Re: Oliver Burke

    Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Can only think this is to increase his sale value and that he won't be there at the end of it.
    Why can you only think that?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •