Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Default Re: Oliver Burke?

At least Bully played some youngsters even if it was only to make a point that he wanted more money

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    Just how I see it, missed out walker as well! Didn't play Osborne that much at the end of last year, hasn't given walker any time at all.. Unfortunately I just can't see it..
    Walker is a very young lad but he's had quite a few minutes. I think he will come mostly off the bench but its all valuable game time. He's also training with the first team squad which is important to his learning.

Burke has been injured so has had no game time. Osborn will get game time too. Not seen enough of Grant but he will need to show improvement to shift the midfielders in front of him.

FFP will mean Forest are a club who will have to develop its youngsters to bolster the first team squad. That's not true of most clubs.

Just how I see it, missed out walker as well! Didn't play Osborne that much at the end of last year, hasn't given walker any time at all.. Unfortunately I just can't see it..
    I'm guessing you missed DF interview saying he didn't sign Hendo as to not limit Walkers progress as he expects him to be a much better player by the end of the season.

Sounds like he is going play walker to me.

Senior Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    I'm guessing you missed DF interview saying he didn't sign Hendo as to not limit Walkers progress as he expects him to be a much better player by the end of the season.

Sounds like he is going play walker to me.
    That was a baffler to be fair, he didn't sign Hendo who is nothing like Tyler but we're still looking at Maynard who, whilst being different to Tyler is closer than Henderson is.

Exactly, I just get the feeling he loves to talk it up but isn't going to actually put it into practice..

If they are interested we should try and part exchange him for Gardner (if we can, because he would count to our limit but Burke would not). Realistically, he will be behind Chris Burke, Antonio and Ward if he is going to be used as a winger.

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    If they are interested we should try and part exchange him for Gardner (if we can, because he would count to our limit but Burke would not). Realistically, he will be behind Chris Burke, Antonio and Ward if he is going to be used as a winger.
    He's 18 years old , I don't think he's expected to be a first team regular at this point but the lad has tons of potential. Selling him for 500k now is selling him short. He has pace to burn and is like 6ft 2" in height so definitely not a lightweight. With the proper guidance and training , he will be one to watch for the future and worth far more than 500k which is a joke.

I bet Gardner has reported back and said 'there's a shit hot lad on their books'. Weasel

Keep him at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    A player with two cruciate ligament injuries under his belt, or a fresh 18 year old with uncapped potential

It's not even a question

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    I bet Gardner has reported back and said 'there's a shit hot lad on their books'. Weasel

Keep him at all costs
    It won't be Gardner, it will be Kevin McDonald who was our under 18s coach and is now assistant manager at Villa

Cant tell if you are serious? Im assuming you're not based on the fact that Osborn played 17/18 games that Dougie managed last season. Tyler walker got his first ever goal and had 7 (cameos) appearances under Dougie. From my count this pre season Osborn 5 apps, Riera 5 apps, Walker 5 apps, Grant 4 apps, Evtimov 4 apps.

Can't see Dougie giving any of our youngsters a chance, Osborne, Pato, Burke, Grant all might aswell move on. Another Forest manager who talks the talk but fails to deliver. Ward sounds like a good signing but if he was thinking of giving Burke or Pato a go he wouldn't have signed him.. I find it funny we've strengthen in our two strongest positions, we didn't need a right sided attacking player or a centre back.. Beggers belief really, feel so sorry for the chaps..
    So I'm guessing you missed Dougie giving Burke his league debut, Walker his league debut, Walker's first goal, Grant's league debut, him bringing Riera into the first team, Osborn being a starter in most games during our winning run.

I know some people won't like this but i'd say Freedman has backed up his words about playing youth more than Pearce did.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Sox View Post
    Cant tell if you are serious? Im assuming you're not based on the fact that Osborn played 17/18 games that Dougie managed last season. Tyler walker got his first ever goal and had 7 (cameos) appearances under Dougie. From my count this pre season Osborn 5 apps, Riera 5 apps, Walker 5 apps, Grant 4 apps, Evtimov 4 apps.
    I hope you're right but pre-season does mean little when the season gets going. The need for wins takes over allowance for youngsters.

Soon we will all start talking about loan signings. Talking up of young players is done by most fans during the summer until they get caught up in the drama of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    I hope you're right but pre-season does mean little when the season gets going. The need for wins takes over allowance for youngsters.

Soon we will all start talking about loan signings. Talking up of young players is done by most fans during the summer until they get caught up in the drama of a season.
    I agree, I dont think that level of appearances will keep up after pre season, But I do think they will all see a little game time this season and arent going to be forgotten. They may be introduced slowly, off the subs bench and when they play well from there maybe some starts, but to say that dougie has no interest in bringing through youth seems like a joke. especially with the 2 things he claimed "walker didnt have any game time at all" and "osborn didnt play much" are just plain wrong.

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post

Soon we will all start talking about loan signings.

Consider this, then Dougie refusing to play any of the Academy lads at the end of last season. Then think back to Dougies comments about only putting out the best eleven through respect to the fans. Then the signing of the very versatile Jamie Ward who plays right across the pitch.

Im not saying he will or he wont, but you can understand how some fans might be sceptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    That was a baffler to be fair, he didn't sign Hendo who is nothing like Tyler but we're still looking at Maynard who, whilst being different to Tyler is closer than Henderson is.
    Ive not seen much of Walker, but what I've heard is that he's good at holding up the ball and has deceptive strength.

I've also heard that while he's not a slouch, he's not lightening quick.

It sounds like finishing ability is like Maynard's but otherwise he's more like Hendo or Blackstock in terms of his general game.

Senior Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
    Ive not seen much of Walker, but what I've heard is that he's good at holding up the ball and has deceptive strength.

I've also heard that while he's not a slouch, he's not lightening quick.

It sounds like finishing ability is like Maynard's but otherwise he's more like Hendo or Blackstock in terms of his general game.
    The best performances I have seen from him was when playing alongside Gerry McDonagh.
    He is strong and whilst not lightning fast I would be surprised if he isn't in the top 3 at the club.
    His game is still developing but I don't ever see him in the Henderson role.

Villa can go screw themselves with that offer. They'll be in the Championship next season anyway.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    So I'm guessing you missed Dougie giving Burke his league debut, Walker his league debut, Walker's first goal, Grant's league debut, him bringing Riera into the first team, Osborn being a starter in most games during our winning run.
    Whilst he did all this i still think they should have all played more once the season had gone south

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Whilst he did all this i still think they should have all played more once the season had gone south
    Perhaps but it's a fine line. Don't want to destroy anyone's confidence. In terms of playing Akpom, according to Paul Taylor, Dougie wanted to make sure forest had a good reputation for playing and developing loan players.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    Perhaps but it's a fine line. Don't want to destroy anyone's confidence. In terms of playing Akpom, according to Paul Taylor, Dougie wanted to make sure forest had a good reputation for playing and developing loan players.
    Yeah, nothing wrong with developing players, builds up our own reputation with the bigger clubs with just a billion youth prospects.

Why bother Villa? If that's a serious bid then their chief scout should be sacked for not doing even basic research into the club's position.

Quote Originally Posted by RufusTFirefly View Post
    Why bother Villa? If that's a serious bid then their chief scout should be sacked for not doing even basic research into the club's position.
    Maybe they ate assuming as were under an embargo we would let him go on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    It won't be Gardner, it will be Kevin McDonald who was our under 18s coach and is now assistant manager at Villa
    Ah, didn't realise. Sorry for calling you a weasel Gary