Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 136 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137 LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 3412

Default Re: Oliver Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    My problem is there HAS to be a reason why he hasn’t shown his prowess since leaving us. We’ve seen from his brief stint in our first team that he exuded qualities of a top notch player. But, then hasn’t shown it since and maybe just in glimpses.

There must be some reason behind his disappearance in football.
    No idea how mature he was as a 19 year old but maybe hes never felt settled away from Nottingham?

Get him back in familiar surroundings, some homecooked food in him, a manager who knows how to nurture talent and we could rediscover a player.
    Who knows, maybe sell him in 3 years for another 13m.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Where's me hammer?

These threads are like having a memory wank over the ex bird...yeah she gave a good nosh but shes the ex for a reason and that should never be forgotten.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Default Re: Oliver Burke - reasons to be somewhat peeved

You only have to look at McGoldrick to realise that assessing footballing talent is not an exact science.

Sometimes in life you have to take a chance. Well, you don't have to, but if you don't life would be terrifically dull.

We’ve seen from his brief stint in our first team that he exuded qualities of a top notch player.

There must be some reason behind his disappearance in football.
    Did we?

Apart from 4 goals at the beginning of the Montanier reign, his record is played 21, scored 2.

Every player has purple patches where it seems to click, but Burkes underlying form was nowhere the expectations of a top notch player.

£13m! We arse raped RB Leipzig.

He hasn't done anything since because apart from undoubted pace, he doesn't have anything else in his locker. That alone might look impressive in the Championship, but counts for fuck all in the Bundesliga, or Premier League.

Luckily for him, a good agent should have ensured that he never needs to work again when he retires from the game at 25!

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Did we?

Apart from 4 goals at the beginning of the Montanier reign, his record is played 21, scored 2.

Every player has purple patches where it seems to click, but Burkes underlying form was nowhere the expectations of a top notch player.

£13m! We arse raped RB Leipzig.

He hasn't done anything since because apart from undoubted pace, he doesn't have anything else in his locker. That alone might look impressive in the Championship, but counts for fuck all in the Bundesliga, or Premier League.

Luckily for him, a good agent should have ensured that he never needs to work again when he retires from the game at 25!
    I thought he looked really good under us , that’s why everyone was mad when we sold him lol. But I agree with everything else you said and you should be talking to Alf and not fucking me

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    These threads are like having a memory wank over the ex bird...yeah she gave a good nosh but shes the ex for a reason and that should never be forgotten.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Burke was more like a fling than an ex though.

There's certainly a few flings I had in my teens & 20's which I'd have revisited had I met 'em again later in life.

A good fuck's a good fuck, only fair you give good fucks a chance to show that they're good cooks too.

oopsy daisy!

I thought he looked really good under us , that’s why everyone was mad when we sold him lol. But I agree with everything else you said and you should be talking to Alf and not fucking me
    Irrespective of how we used it £13m cash up front for Ollie Burke at that stage of his development was arguably the best bit of outgoing transfer business this club has ever, maybe even will ever, do.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post

A good fuck's a good fuck, only fair you give good fucks a chance to show that they're good cooks too.
    The best fuck I ever had in my life was a lousy cook. Mostly on the grounds that more than once she burnt dinner because we were too busy otherwise engaged!

Another + point for Burke. He's already spent years playing alongside the likes of Cash. If he did return, there's no waiting round to strike up an understanding. There's a player who's got years worth of understanding with half his current team mates already under his belt.

Hell, a Burke-Walker partnership might be last year's Carva-Grabban

If's & buts of course, just summat else to chuck into the mix.

Burke was more like a fling than an ex though.

There's certainly a few flings I had in my teens & 20's which I'd have revisited had I met 'em again later in life.

Yeah the interview I watched he just said he was out of contract, didn't realise he meant the loan, but he was talking like he wasn't wanted at West Brom so assumed he was on his way out.

Ex player or not - he has certain attributes which we lack and I tend to think Forest are one of the better clubs for coaching and improving players, especially youngsters. It's a bit like asking whether you'd take Antonio back?

Wouldn't pay a lot of dosh for him mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Irrespective of how we used it £13m cash up front for Ollie Burke at that stage of his development was arguably the best bit of outgoing transfer business this club has ever, maybe even will ever, do.
    Ben Brereton is outside and would like a word

Quote Originally Posted by Daz42 View Post
    No idea how mature he was as a 19 year old but maybe hes never felt settled away from Nottingham?

Get him back in familiar surroundings, some homecooked food in him, a manager who knows how to nurture talent and we could rediscover a player.
    Who knows, maybe sell him in 3 years for another 13m.
    He has just looked like an outsider everywhere he has gone since Forest.

Could be a case like Zaha, who is poor everywhere apart from Palace where it's familiar surroundings and home to him.

One to keep an eye on but I wouldn't be pushing to boat out for him.

Last edited by Rzarecteh; 16-11-19 at 13:37.

Wouldn't be a bad signing but it's all about wages for me. He's on a fair whack at West Brom so wouldn't want to break the bank bringing him back.

Another + point for Burke. He's already spent years playing alongside the likes of Cash. If he did return, there's no waiting round to strike up an understanding. There's a player who's got years worth of understanding with half his current team mates already under his belt.

Hell, a Burke-Walker partnership might be last year's Carva-Grabban

If's & buts of course, just summat else to chuck into the mix.
    A Burke-Walker partnership would be dire Alf.

Burke looks like a fish out of water and Walker is hardly ripping up the league even at League One level. The Championship is a bigger step up in quality again.

You're living in fantasy land

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    A Burke-Walker partnership would be dire Alf.

Burke looks like a fish out of water and Walker is hardly ripping up the league even at League One level. The Championship is a bigger step up in quality again.

You're living in fantasy land
    hdfh.jpg

He just needs the right raw ingredients to work his magic. In this case, pace, strength, & goals.

The raw young Burke that was here has had his natural talent coached out of him. Should have stayed here.

Just another shit Scottish player.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    The raw young Burke that was here has had his natural talent coached out of him. Should have stayed here.
    This. If he'd have stayed here a bit longer he could have been something special. Now he's not even a shadow of the player he was when he was here, and after such a long period of stagnation (during what should have been the years he develops as a player) I just don't see him ever getting that spark back.

He'll sit out the rest of his WBA deal (with a few unfruitful loans here and there) before dropping down the leagues (again, much like Zach Clough here).

In the interview posted further up this thread he says what he really hopes for is to become the first name on the team sheet at his club.

Which is what he wasn't too far off before he was signed and taken away from the best level he could have been playing at to develop as a footballer three years ago. And the same goes for hundreds of talented British footballers signed by clubs with too much money with a policy of hoovering up talent in case rival clubs get them first.

Now, three years on he's hoping to just get back more or less to where he was. Prime example about how the current system fails, and how failure to curb the stockpiling results in wasted talent.

West Brom are never going to sell to a promotion rival. They might want to offload when they go up in May...

No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house

Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    West Brom are never going to sell to a promotion rival. They might want to offload when they go up in May...
    I think in Burke's case they may make an exception

you should be talking to Alf and not fucking me
    I think you'd know if Keith was fucking you.

Best served cold

He looked good for a month 4 years ago. He's done nothing but fail to adapt and bounce around clubs. Burke has done nothing to justify us spending a fee on him as he's another promising player who just proved to not be good enough as he developed. On a free transfer, possibly, but spending money on a player who has flopped so badly and consistently would be crazy.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Senior Doom Monger

Just use his career as a lesson for Forest Academicians:do not be lured away by the prospect of big money... learn your trade with Forest, embrace the Club and have a career at the end of which you feel proud to say "I achieved my best with the best Club in the World!".