Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Default The Get Fit Thread 2018!

I think it's a fair assumption that most of us will have over indulged over Christmas and the New Year and our waistbands will be groaning and popping under the pressure.

Whether it's a few pounds or stones, simply getting back into shape or improving general fitness health then this thread is for us.

Post nutritional and exercise tips and let's inspire and motivate each other back to peak fitness and good health for the summer.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Default Re: The Get Fit Thread 2016

Don't bother, you die in the end anyway.

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

Im all over this, since the wife had the baby we have had tomorrow pencilled in as a day to start hitting it hard on the the healthy eating/no alcohol/get fit shit....

Id like to start off by adding what was my alarm what i was hardcore training for my ironman before injury ended it.

My plan is to be sitting here in 366 days time having shed 4 stone, put injury behind me and done my first marathon in September.

See you on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand ShAndy! View Post
    Don't bother, you die in the end anyway.
    It's all about making choices and if you decide that you don't wish to exercise and improve fitness and well being then that's perfectly fine but this is not the thread for you. So jog on, or not!!

Yeah greaser, go organise your socket set

Left Winger

Default The Get Fit Thread 2016

Get up and get out there.

It doesn't matter how slow you are at the start, you're faster than the lazy beggar loafing on the couch.

Start small and add distance/time as you go.

Also:

If you have a smartphone , download the free "MyFitnessPal" app and use it to track your calorific intake and log your exercise. The app allows you to enter a starting weight and a target weight it will give you a calorific goal for each day, and give you pointers and targets to get to that weight. Each time you exercise - even if it's walking to the sips and back - you'll get more calories back.

It's not foolproof but using MFP makes losing weight and getting in shape much easier!

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Plus one for the my fitness pal.

Like any targets they need to be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timed.

I want to tone up for my holidays in July, so that means losing my winter weight and toning my core specifically.

I already gym and swim 3-5 times a week so exercise isn't an issue. I just need to continue whilst introducing ab work.

The finer weather will make it easier but I want to reach my goal by May.

Where do you gym swim TBT? I ain't gonna stalk you im just between gyms and on the lookout

I go to Sports Direct in Newark.

Decent sized gym, clean, open decent hours, reasonably priced and it has all I need including the pool.

I plug in my music and I lose myself for an hour before swimming for 30 mins and treating myself to an occasional sauna.

Samuel

Google Maps has just received an abnormal surge in directions to Sports Direct in Newark.

frankwignall

After every Christmas folks start this malarkey. Plays bloody havoc with my homebrew routine, till about halfway through January .

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I was only playing. Once I'm back at work on the 4th I'll be using my fitness pal to lose a bit of weight. Then onto cycling more regularly and possibly looking into going back to the gym if my back holds up, which it should as I've had very few problems since seeing the chiropractor regularly.

You, cheeky monkey, you.

It's all about life balance and fitting everything into your daily routine in a way that's totally sustainable.

Take care with the gym, Andy. I'm susceptible to back pain too so I stick to cardio rather than anything using weights which may put my spine under strain. Take some advice first.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Yeah, chiro reckons I've slipped at least one disc but I've been planking and stuff so will continue with that and slowly bring more into it. I've always been a big lad but want to get back to just being solid rather than soft and podgy

I find regular masterbation keeps me in shape

Just down to. 28 inch waist

Yeah, chiro reckons I've slipped at least one disc but I've been planking and stuff so will continue with that and slowly bring more into it. I've always been a big lad but want to get back to just being solid rather than soft and podgy
    Have you any exercises for lower back strength?

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
    I find regular masterbation keeps me in shape

Just down to. 28 inch waist
    Little and often, that's the key.

Strengthening your core will help so use your abdominals as much as possible keeping your spine straight. It's relearning how to sit, stand and walk.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Have you any exercises for lower back strength?
    Planking and hip thrusts but low reps with a sustain period in the middle and keep everything tensed, lower when you start shaking/can't keep everything taught.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    Strengthening your core will help so use your abdominals as much as possible keeping your spine straight. It's relearning how to sit, stand and walk.
    IMO not (motor)biking as much has made my core suffer. I've always ridden sports bikes so you have to hold yourself upright while lent forward otherwise you'll kill your wrists, you should be using your abs to hold yourself up not your arms. Since passing my car test I've got flabby and I think that's why my back went, as well as being stupid while lifting.

I'll be starting on Jan 1, stop drinking and run more consistently. I don't gym but can do press-ups, sit-ups and chin-ups at home as I have in the past. Stone (and a half if I really go for it) to lose, fortunately I lose it fairly quickly so 6 months should do it.

I'm actually looking forward to it, hope I can see it through. All the best for those wishing to improve their situations this coming year.

Default The Get Fit Thread 2016

I was where you guys were this time last year. I had a skinny fat look. Where I was overweight but I didn't really look it. All my weight was around my belly and cheeks lol with thin arms and legs. So I was always reluctant to lose weight as it would make my arms and legs look worse but to make look normal I had to put weight on but that would increase my waist line and jowls.

So this time last year I decided to lose weight whilst going to the gym (weights) to bulk up.

Fuk me its worked. I'm really into now.

Tips:
    - Like Chris said, get an app. This really made me realise what I was shoving in my mouth.
    - Don't try and go from 10 pints and Chinese / curry / pizza per week to rabbit food and water. Just cut down. Still have treats.
    - find a gym close. May sound like a daft thing to say. But when the motivation is on the wain and its a rainy Tuesday night and someone's pissed you off at work. Your more likely not to go if you've got a 30 minute drive to get there.
    - cut out bread and beer in the house.
    - I find it easy to be really good in the week and let myself go sat/sun with the beer and food but still fall within my calorie goal
    - make sure you eat. Another daft thing to say? Not really. A mate of mine went to the extreme of very low calorie intake of around 500 a day. Dropped weight to start with and then his body went into starvation mode. Don't eat below 1000 calories or you ll do the same.
    - 2500 calories is your recommended daily intake. I started with a goal of 1500. Which meant I could eat a proper dinner when I got home. But in hindsight it was too low for what I was trying to achieve. 2000 and some cardio will get you results
    - get a gym buddy. Great for motivating each other. A lot harder without

Right I'm off to the gym. Serious lol

Last edited by 888balluk; 27-12-15 at 09:33.

It's weird - my back can be susceptible but I'm more likely to twinge it playing football historically than lifting anything, and the last time I was changing a lightbulb lol! But once it is twinged then it probably isn't the best idea to lift (especially a nephew/niece who want to have fun touching the ceiling multiple times in a row).

I'll be back to thread in a few days, but first I've got a couple of Pork Pies and wedge of Pate to consume.

Can't Re Member

Quote Originally Posted by psychoDrama View Post
    I'll be back to thread in a few days, but first I've got a couple of Pork Pies and wedge of Pate to consume.
    Yeah it doesn't do to start too early, you look like one of those Christmas present fitness folk in brand new kit head to toe.

Plus, as you say, I've still got leftover pigs in blankets and a massive cheeseboard to get through nom nom nom

Oh FFS.