Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Spot the difference

Banned

Default Spot the difference

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...BBC-Radio.html

I know the article is about Oystons legal challange against remarks made by Joey Barton, but the thought struck me, the difference between the attitudes and alledged, reported in the media, behaviour of the Oyston family at Blackpool and our own owner Fawaz.

I understand that Oyston has not invested in the football side at Blackpool at all, whilst any money paid to the club has been paid out to various companies where Oyston has a financial interest. Any move by the Oyston family is obviously legal and within the law, of both legal and FA rules and regulations.

Yet the club is being destroyed....

Nottingham Forest are owned by Fawaz, who's approach seemingly has been a scatter gun cheque book approach, he has put into the club huge chunks of financial assistance, to try and improve the club's standing and league status. He has taken nothing out of the club which is liable to damage the fabric of Nottingham Forest.

Yet the FA have act against Forest, because the Chairman has invested so much from his own pocket, thus severly limiting the ability of the club to move forward.

Just doesn't seem right !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bullittboy

Default Re: Spot the difference

I think it is a similair story at Northampton Town as well. Their new ground/stand supposedly costs £6.5m IIRC and yet the money given in loans and grants seems to have been invested into the then chairmans companies rather than the club. The football league seems to be run by a bunch of psychopaths these days whose only concern is themselves. Fit and proper persons test, my arse.

FFP and how it has affected Forest seems to be more about timing and some naivety on Fawazs part but it does smack of lacking in consistency.

The sport's bent, through malice or ignorance or both on occasion. Fortunately the thing we can rely on is that players will tend to try to win matches the majority of the time and as long as they do, your club does alright enough. Of course we've seen that not happen at Forest on occasion in recent years, but it's all we or any club has got. Have Forest had a run of bad luck when it comes to rules and double standards over the last decade or two? Probably. But you chuck a side out and cheer them on, and that's what we've got.

Devils favourite advocate

I do find it funny that the only club in the whole of the world under a FFP embargo is Forest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I do find it funny that the only club in the whole of the world under a FFP embargo is Forest.
    Big enough name due to our history to make an example of, not attractive enough to the advertisers, London based papers to really worry about.

Devils favourite advocate

Sounds about right

Top post Sedge.

Look, anyone with half a brain knows the truth - we've a shoddy backroom setup which isn't up to scratch in playing the game of football politics.

The real world and football doesn't work like a lot of fans think, and greasing a few palms, kissing the right arse and exploiting the right loopholes is football politics 101.

Fawaz is totally niave to how all this works, which is why it was essential we had someone experienced helping him out e.g. Faulkner.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Top post Sedge.

Look, anyone with half a brain knows the truth - we've a shoddy backroom setup which isn't up to scratch in playing the game of football politics.

The real world and football doesn't work like a lot of fans think, and greasing a few palms, kissing the right arse and exploiting the right loopholes is football politics 101.

Fawaz is totally niave to how all this works, which is why it was essential we had someone experienced helping him out e.g. Faulkner.
    You only have to see the stories coming out of FIFA and UEFA to understand how football works Alf.

The whole game is riddled with corruption.

Just seems we don't play the game as well as some.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Banned

Left Winger

We're always in the shit.

But it's just the depth that varies.

Massive Member

Probably time for us as fans to make our voices heard. Whilst fawaz has his faults we are no way near as badly ran as some that should be punished by ffp.
    Let's get behind each other and show these cnuts in suits that this club will not stand for a punishment enforced by hypocrisy.

Viva la Forest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Probably time for us as fans to make our voices heard.
    This tune often helps...

When we found ourselves in times of trouble
    Fawaz tried to help us out
    Someone had to stop him
    FFP

And in our hour of darkness
    QPR escape again scot-free
    Punish honest chairmen
    FFP

FFP, FFP
    FFP, FFP
    What's the point in trying?
    FFP

And though we live within our means
    They're not the means that they decree
    Cut your cloth and still get
    FFP

While on the treatment table
    We've got Britt and Chris and Andy Reid
    Doesn't matter, kiss our
    FFP

FFP,FFP
    FFP,FFP
    Know your place and stay there
    FFP

FFP, FFP
    FFP, FFP
    Face don't Fit Punishment
    FFP

On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    You only have to see the stories coming out of FIFA and UEFA to understand how football works Alf.

Which is worrying because with an Arab in charge we should be world class when it comes to getting away with it

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post

Are bribes allowable expenses under FFP?

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Are bribes allowable expenses under FFP?
    Probably only if booked into the accounts as "development loans" or something.

I have tried to understand FFP. And come to the conclusion it stands for Fuck Forest Permanently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tomasj View Post
    I have tried to understand FFP. And come to the conclusion it stands for Fuck Forest Permanently.
    Although I did post somewhat tongue in cheek about a perfect club to use as an example. Due to the recent release of the film and book, it has raised a little national attention for the club in the media, maybe I was close to the button.

As I see it, from a legal point of view, FFP violates several EU laws (that the UK may not have signed).
    And it does not seem to be applied fairly. Forest isn't the only club running an overdraft in eye-watering figures in this division. But I do believe, as sedgered suggests, Forest is being made an example of.

Can we move this thread to the David Iyke forum?