Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LVG walks out

Default LVG walks out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35172159

Good for him. Rather than Billeh's passive aggression towards the press, he's been upfront and steadfast. I don't bother with much of the sporting press but I can't imagine this has turned out any way other than he chose it to. They're fifth in the premiership, for pity's sake, on the same points as fourth, with a team above them who by the press's own admission 'shouldn't be there'. The champions are fifteenth. And none of this would be happening if Chelsea and Leicester were in one another's places and that guy from Bayern wasn't leaving.

I wholeheartedly support freedom of the press. I also support their accountability. Yesterday LVG did something a lot of managers would love to do, as he has done before in Spain. Here's a story for the press: Man U struggle for goals but the manager has 7 league titles to his name, 12 cup wins including a champion's league and a UEFA cup, and a third place World Cup finish, plus several manager of the year awards. So it'll probably be fine.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Devils favourite advocate

Default Re: LVG walks out

Havent they only conceded 3 at home all season?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post

When someone elses manager who is underachieving goes against the press he's a hero. When it's our own manager who has us nearer than promotion than any other manager in 10 years, and who is overachieving, he's a villain.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 24-12-15 at 11:05.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35172159

Good for him. Rather than Billeh's passive aggression towards the press, he's been upfront and steadfast. I don't bother with much of the sporting press but I can't imagine this has turned out any way other than he chose it to. They're fifth in the premiership, for pity's sake, on the same points as fourth, with a team above them who by the press's own admission 'shouldn't be there'. The champions are fifteenth. And none of this would be happening if Chelsea and Leicester were in one another's places and that guy from Bayern wasn't leaving.

I wholeheartedly support freedom of the press. I also support their accountability. Yesterday LVG did something a lot of managers would love to do, as he has done before in Spain. Here's a story for the press: Man U struggle for goals but the manager has 7 league titles to his name, 12 cup wins including a champion's league and a UEFA cup, and a third place World Cup finish, plus several manager of the year awards. So it'll probably be fine.
    That's a massively positive spin on someone whose team is falling well short of what is expected of it, especially after he's spunked 250 million quid on it. His bizarre rant yesterday shows how much pressure he's under, he knows he's clinging onto that job by his fingertips right now; I don't think he'll make it past the summer, and if they don't improve very quickly, he'll be gone before then.
    It isn't the media's fault that they are struggling, nor are they at fault for pointing out that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    When someone elses manager who is underachieving goes against the press he's a hero. When it's our own manager who has us nearer than promotion than any other manager in 10 years, and who is overachieving, he's a villain.

Comparing the 'mental elf' at Forest to LVG at Manure. Priceless Alf. Can't wait for the outpouring when the ban finally ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Comparing the 'mental elf' at Forest to LVG at Manure. Priceless Alf. Can't wait for the outpouring when the ban finally ends.

But who compared him, me or Alpha Fail in his original post? Answer, not me, I just pointed out the hypocrisy of it all.

Just warming up for next year. Dougie's like a sitting duck when you compare how far backwards we've gone in terms of results, league placing and expectations.

I thought things had got better?

Say what you like, he had us looking like a laughing stock at least in our local press and occasionally further afield.

Recording reporters and issuing his own banning orders, shouting into the face of a photographer and Forest under Billy being likened in the national press to North Korea.

He did a lot of good things on the pitch, his preparation was second to none, but being a football manager entails more than getting the team winning games evidently, else he'd have a job somewhere else by now.

That, Alf, is all the evidence you need.

bullittboy

So LVG is having trouble getting his team of under achieving prima donnas to perform.

Acting like a prima donna is really going to help.

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTe View Post
    Say what you like, he had us looking like a laughing stock at least in our local press and occasionally further afield.

He did a lot of good things on the pitch, his preparation was second to none, but being a football manager entails more than getting the team winning games evidently, else he'd have a job somewhere else by now.

That, Alf, is all the evidence you need.
    No it's not. It's an AWFUL arguement for anyone in any line of work. Being out of a job says nothing more than that person doesn't need to work.

Slash went several years without a record lable - does that make him a bad guitarist?

Nigel Pearson has been out of work all season - does that make him a bad manager who folk wouldn't have here?

The unemployed arguement is truly, truly awful and only satisfies those with a very, very base view on things.

Regards being a laughing stock, I like it when other clubs "laugh" at us because I'm a proud Forest fan and their opinion means little to me. I'd sooner be top 6, playing good football and getting laughed at than 15th and not.

Besides, you've gone off on a tangent. I'm digging at Alpha Fail because he'll stick up for Man U's manager, but lambasts our own for doing the same thing.

This is why we are shit. This is why we fail.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 24-12-15 at 13:46.

No it's not. It's an AWFUL arguement for anyone in any line of work. Being out of a job says nothing more than that person doesn't need to work.

Slash went several years without a record lable - does that make him a bad guitarist?

Nigel Pearson has been out of work all season - does that make him a bad manager who folk wouldn't have here?

The unemployed arguement is truly, truly awful and only satisfies those with a very, very base view on things.

Regards being a laughing stock, I like it when other clubs "laugh" at us because I'm a proud Forest fan and their opinion means little to me. I'd sooner be top 6, playing good football and getting laughed at than 15th and not.

Besides, you've gone off on a tangent. I'm digging at Alpha Fail because he'll stick up for Man U's manager, but lambasts our own for doing the same thing.

Whilst i agree with what your saying in principle i do find the fact that his last job other than working at our circus was Derby back in 08 was it?

Youd think someone would take a chance on him either side of the border? Surely we aint made him to much of a millionaire that he never has to work again?

I think that some of the reasons that Billy isn't working and Nigel Pearson isn't working may be the same, yes. And it's not simply because they don't need to work.

As for Slash. He's a multi-millionaire... Is Billy? There is a point where cash makes that argument void and I doubt Billy is at that point yet.

And LVG doing the same thing as Billy?! Please... Billy set up his own media suite to record the reporters and banned reporters who he thought had an agenda against him. The guy was a paranoid nutcase as has been reported on many times.

LVG is proving to be a little prickly. Billy was a little prick.

Big difference.

Last edited by RedTe; 25-12-15 at 00:44.

Leave the debates to new years, but RedTe money is certainly not an issue.

But who compared him, me or Alpha Fail in his original post? Answer, not me, I just pointed out the hypocrisy of it all.
    I was explaining how they are dis-similar, therefore it's hardly hypocritical to have differing attitudes towards their behaviour. It's hardly a subtle point to miss.

I backed Davies's approach to the press when he was at his worst, my objection to his behaviour came after it was made clear that he was doing so not out of bloody mindedness towards a toxic press, but out of a need to deflect from his destructive behaviour within the club. And to say that's why we fail... you're making a habit of taking something I've written and ignoring my point.

Davies didn't say what he obviously wanted to say to the press, LVG has done. I like that. Reminds me of another manager I liked. Keep poking though, it seems to keep you busy.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

The Sun has apologised.

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

LVG should walk. Things won't get better for Manure for some time yet and I for one think it's fantastic.

LVG is right about the media, but unfortunately this is nothing new, and this is how they make their money. I fail to see how he thinks this is some sort of new media approach ever since he took over as Man United boss, this is how they always treat people.
    Case in fact, Mourinho, they hailed him when he returned to Chelsea, highlighted his triumphs and treated him like a returning hero, but when results got bad they turned on him.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

2 nil down to stoke

Left Winger

Time to lump on Jose Mourinho as the next Man U manager then!

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Not that type of player

Lolchester United

If Jose took over now they'd be in with a good shout of winning the title.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Bloody media making the opposition score against them again.

frankwignall

Hope they can sort it soon, as they need to be at the top and winning every game.............lots a love, happy chrimbo, matt.