Left Winger

Default Re: Supporters trust

Quote Originally Posted by Hand ShAndy! View Post
    Fans 4 supporters trust.
    It's the same suspects again isn't it?

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Samuel

I talk to Greg on twitter sometimes I think. Good guy, safe standing supporter. Questionable taste in music.

I think he's William on here.

Wandering around the CG

Good luck to them.

It was mentioned on matchtalk, some guy came on that has a lot of experience in this field, explaining the success stories and horror stories.
    Can't say much more than that, I fell asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    I talk to Greg on twitter sometimes I think. Good guy, safe standing supporter. Questionable taste in music.

I think he's William on here.
    Greg's a good lad, he is very passionate about a better deal for football fans.

I hope they succeed. Better that Fawaz has some sensible advice than the nutters on twitter or other hangers-on.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Good luck to them.

It was mentioned on matchtalk, some guy came on that has a lot of experience in this field, explaining the success stories and horror stories......
    That was the journalist David Conn, who is something of an expert in the politics and complexities of football club ownership.

He was followed by a Forest fan called, IIRC, Tom Newton, who, I believe, posts occasionally on here. I thought he made some sensible comments.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 16-11-15 at 23:10.

They had David Conn on Matchtalk? When - this week? Would be interested to hear his views on Forest.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    They had David Conn on Matchtalk? When - this week? Would be interested to hear his views on Forest.
    Last night Francis. Should be on the iPlayer today.
    I need to listen back myself...

Thanks. I will give it a listen.

He's the best footballer writer, David Conn, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    It was a lengthy phone conversation with Chippers. Conn mainly spoke about football ownership in general, acknowledging that we were run under a membership system of ownership prior to being the last club to become a limited company/PLC.

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    He was followed by a Forest fan called, IIRC, Tom Newton, who, I believe, posts occasionally on here. I thought he made some sensible comments.
    Wasn't he behind the 'Fans For Stability' thing last year, which basically turned into a slanging match?

Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    Wasn't he behind the 'Fans For Stability' thing last year, which basically turned into a slanging match?
    Yes, I believe so. His/their intentions were well meaning in my view.

bullittboy

Bingo! Got it in one.

Massive Member

Yes because many felt that he hadn't in fact gave the fans a voice just himself and his group. He frequently picked fault with fawaz publicly on here meaning his intentions weren't exactly pure. Again unless there's some sort of clarity and possibly a voting procedure I'm not happy that whoever it is this time is voicing my personal view.

It is all a slanging match on here.

If you can't handle the slang....get off the street.

Best I could come up with given the limited time available.

A Supporters Trust is a good idea in my opinion. If done right.

At the end of the day a club is only as strong as its fans. Fans need to have more of a say in the direction the club goes and we need to build a stronger relationship with the owners. The current representation of what is a large fan base are the idiots on Twitter. That's not to say everyone on Twitter is an idiot just that those that converse with Fawaz are usually idiots.

There needs to be a better more sensible dialogue. An even better way would be via a decent club hierarchy such as a CEO but currently the club hierarchy is largely Fawaz.

Massive Member

Take his name off and I'd be tempted, he's shown incompetence twice running these 'groups'

As it stands now. I'd like to state there is no way in any carnation f4s whether it be fight for stability or fans for stability in no way represent my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    His/their intentions were well meaning in my view.
    Same can be said for Fawaz!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    A Supporters Trust is a good idea in my opinion. If done right.

At the end of the day a club is only as strong as its fans. Fans need to have more of a say in the direction the club goes and we need to build a stronger relationship with the owners. The current representation of what is a large fan base are the idiots on Twitter. That's not to say everyone on Twitter is an idiot just that those that converse with Fawaz are usually idiots.

There needs to be a better more sensible dialogue. An even better way would be via a decent club hierarchy such as a CEO but currently the club hierarchy is largely Fawaz.
    Needs to be done with a proper structure, proper website and proper professionalism. The only recent 'supporters trust' type groups I have seen pop up have been as unprofessional as the club.

In my personal opinion, supporters trusts should be making sure the fans are being looked after and the welfare of the club is good, and that's it. It irritates me no ends when I see supporters trusts across the footballing world rallying for managers to be sacked, or whatever else (not saying this one would - but I don't think supporters trusts should be giving fans platforms to give their opinions on on the pitch matters).

Whilst I feel it would be great for a fans representative to attend board meetings..the reality is that no company wants or needs input from non shareholders.that said my opinion is that there could be a fans forum set up by Fawaz using elected ppl from the supporters groups who could sit round a table and discuss items of fan concern.Someone from the Forest board could attend a meeting once a month and hopefully bring the ideas, if financially viable to fruition.there are so many questions fans want answered such as off field income,catering, toilet facilities,general ground improvements inc access,im sure others have there favourite gripe to add to that list also.
    That is as far as I feel we as supporters should be involved in at the moment..

Not sure this is the same people but wasn't this tried before ? I can remember an attempt to set one up during Doughtys reign & it got a very lukewarm response from both fans & the club

I have nothing against trusts as such but lets not forget for every success story eg a Swansea their is a Notts County. Have a friend who was involved with the Notts Trust & he claims it became a nightmare with competing egos, politics etc. Turned into the very thing it was set up to change & then they invited in Munto Finance & the rest as they say on that is history

I'm glad they have made contact with Supporters Direct, the may may bring some sense to the table.

However, I do feel they - the F4S team - are the wrong people to lead this initiave.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by psychoDrama View Post
    I'm glad they have made contact with Supporters Direct, the may may bring some sense to the table.

However, I do feel they - the F4S team - are the wrong people to lead this initiave.
    Exactly. There should be duly elected fans, from ST holders, London trickies representation etc. Not the third coming of the f4s crap.