Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1274

Thread: The one and only* LEICESTER thread (*non-Wes Morgan)

      
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    22,478

    Default Re: Leicester

    For the same price would you rather have Vardy and Mahrez or Abdoun?

    That's why we're shit and they are 3rd.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,707

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    According to my pal who is a regular through the doors at the Crisp Bowl, at the moment the club are doing every thing they can to encourage families through the gates and generate an atmosphere. At the moment they are giving away plastic/paper clackers to create more noise, corny but seemingly effective.

    Meanwhile on the pitch, credit where credit is due.
    Unlike us, we seem to discourage support whilst Leicester and Derby bend over backwards to get more folk in.

    We are turning into the Bitter Blunts judging by Friday, can pull a crowd when it matters but things get a bit hostile with it.


  4. #28
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,064

    Default Re: Leicester

    The price was the killer for me, first home one I've missed since 88.... I just couldn't justify it.


  5. #29
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,707

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    The price was the killer for me, first home one I've missed since 88.... I just couldn't justify it.
    Understandable mate.
    I just subsidize priority games by missing others now. I'm doing Brentford away as well so I probably won't be at another home game until Leeds.


  6. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: Leicester

    Not living in Nottingham anymore it's no easier than an away game for me to get there so I tend to target away games in the West Midlands and North West purely because of that siege mentality atmosphere that we generate.

    Wolves away last year, where we bossed the entire Steve Bull stand, was tremendous. Televised or not I'll be there again on 11 December.


  7. #31
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,707

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    Not living in Nottingham anymore it's no easier than an away game for me to get there so I tend to target away games in the West Midlands and North West purely because of that siege mentality atmosphere that we generate.

    Wolves away last year, where we bossed the entire Steve Bull stand, was tremendous. Televised or not I'll be there again on 11 December.
    All I can envisage now is Swiss Tony singing Forest songs in the Steve Bull stand. Love it


  8. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: Leicester

    You know Bryn, singing at an away game is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You need to take a deep breath, pile in and keep it up until you've exhausted every angle.


  9. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    8,191

    Default Re: Leicester

    Good for them - they seem to be this year's Southampton. Of course, the top-four clique will set back in soon enough and they'll end up with a disappointing year in the Europa League while the extra games make them struggle in the league. Who knows if we'll ever make that level ever again.


  10. #34
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,707

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    You know Bryn, singing at an away game is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You need to take a deep breath, pile in and keep it up until you've exhausted every angle.
    Brilliant


  11. #35
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    15,883

    Default Re: Leicester

    It took Leicester several years and failed attempts before they got their act together, the result of which we see now.


  12. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,578

    Default Re: Leicester

    Unfortunately for them, the 'big clubs' will throw money at players in January and overtake Leicester. I still back them to make the Europa Cup though.


  13. #37
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    76,747

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Unfortunately for them, the 'big clubs' will throw money at players in January and overtake Leicester. I still back them to make the Europa Cup though.
    But for Leicester that's an absolutely massive achievement.

    Goes to show if a club gets itself sorted out off the field, success on it can follow.

    Maybe if they have some success in Europe they can pay back all those local businesses they ripped off with the administration debacle surrounding their new stadium hey?

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  14. #38
    frankwignall
    Guest

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    But for Leicester that's an absolutely massive achievement.

    Goes to show if a club gets itself sorted out off the field, success on it can follow.

    Maybe if they have some success in Europe they can pay back all those local businesses they ripped off with the administration debacle surrounding their new stadium hey?
    Ouch!


  15. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,756

    Default Re: Leicester

    It's weird seeing them there. I look at those players and just think "meh". Yet they somehow win, and keep winning. And Jamie vardy is having a party!

    Really great to see imo

    Can't see it being maintained over the course of a season, but if they do I'll be delighted for them. Won me plenty of money already this season


  16. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,612

    Default Re: Leicester

    Also chuffed to bits that Big Wes is part of the successs, he deserved the chance and has grasped it with both hands...great bloke.


  17. #41
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    76,747

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    Also chuffed to bits that Big Wes is part of the successs, he deserved the chance and has grasped it with both hands...great bloke.
    But remember he wasn't good enough for us...!


  18. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,612

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    But remember he wasn't good enough for us...!
    Only in the minds of the deluded.


  19. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,578

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    But for Leicester that's an absolutely massive achievement.
    Oh absolutely, I doubt many people at the start of the season would have predicted them for a top half finish, let alone be right at the top of it in November. I do hope they stay there a little while longer. Arsenal will do their usual thing of storming it at the end of the season and getting a Champions League spot. Chelsea? It's a huge ladder to climb but I think they're just this seasons 'Moyes' United'.


  20. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    8,191

    Default Re: Leicester

    The clique will never be upset.


  21. #45
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    36,578

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    Also chuffed to bits that Big Wes is part of the successs, he deserved the chance and has grasped it with both hands...great bloke.

    Indeed. Again, just another example of where our clubs ego and short sightedness has screwed us over.

    Well chuffed for Wes.


  22. #46
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,064

    Default Re: Leicester

    As a defender hes excellent, ball at his feet and time to think is his weakness.

    Defo glad for him, you have to be selfish at times and forest who owed him something tried to pull his pisser.


  23. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Indeed. Again, just another example of where our clubs ego and short sightedness has screwed us over.

    Well chuffed for Wes.
    Big Wes top of the league


  24. #48
    frankwignall
    Guest

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by george lyall View Post
    Big Wes top of the league
    Not good enough for NFFC. Apparently.


  25. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,673

    Default Re: Leicester

    Top of the premier league, it's unreal. We can only look on in envy. Or better still, learn from them


  26. #50
    Senior Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,659

    Default Re: Leicester

    Quote Originally Posted by matt1982 View Post
    Top of the premier league, it's unreal. We can only look on in envy. Or better still, learn from them
    Fawaz, learn?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •