Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The one and only* LEICESTER thread (*non-Wes Morgan)

On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands

Default The one and only* LEICESTER thread (*non-Wes Morgan)

Third.

Got to hand it to the bin dippers they've got their model and player motivation right.

Nice to see an unfashionable team go up, survive and progress.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Leicester

Nevertheless, I would still like to rename this thread 'The continuing irrelevance of Leicester City'.

‘This at bottom is the wish and prayer of all human hearts, everywhere and at all times: “Give me a leader, a true leader, not a false sham-leader; a true leader, that he may guide me on the true way.”’

- Thomas Carlyle

Wonder if they'll be making an I believe in miracles 2 in 30 years time?

Wandering around the CG

They seem to have found that 'foxes never give in' spirit that they kept quoting under Martin O'Neil.

Early days though, I have to say I admire the even more unfashionable Stoke City. They've done very well to survive this long.

Gives us hope when you look at these clubs.

No point being mealy mouthed about it. They are exciting and unpredictable to watch and getting away with it by and large.

Vardy is getting hyped up at the moment but his influence in both them getting up and doing well is clear for all to see and shouldn't be underestimated. He is very fast, very hard working and has an eye for goal... pretty lethal combo. Reminds me of when we had Nathan Tyson but with better finishing and actual hamstrings rather than biscuits. I'd bet they would still be in the Championship without him, the best £1m they've ever spent surely.

Last edited by adam09; 09-11-15 at 22:31.

Vardy got all sorts of stick before they went up. A fair portion seemed to want shot of him the year before. Amazing what ten games does for a chaps reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Reminds me of when we had Nathan Tyson but with better finishing and actual hamstrings rather than biscuits.
    I always thought of them as more delicately spun glass

Credit where due, the fact they are succeeding by taking games to opponents is refreshing too. Bournemouth are trying but small weaknesses are being ruthlessly found out. With Leicester, there seems to be a real unity in all aspects of the club, cultivated by Ranieri's cavalier but likeable approach to the job.

PS Whilst writing that the voices never quietened.

The only positive I can draw from it is that their chairman was an absolute nut a few years back, but has seemingly learned from his early mistakes.

Fawaz take note.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichaj of the Tiger View Post
    The only positive I can draw from it is that their chairman was an absolute nut a few years back, but has seemingly learned from his early mistakes.
    Still likes sacking managers though.

He sacked Pearson about four times last season.

Thriving on seeing Morgan captain them to such heights. There's a good interview with him if you search on Google from Nov last year, but I aint allowed to link to it.

Another Mark Arthur genius moment to sell him for threpance, just so Cotterill could bring in a few loans to keep us up (despite most the squad finishing top 6 the season before)

If ever there was an example of why this club is so far behind it's that - the absolute flat out refusal to acknowledge someones genuine worth.

bullittboy

Quite surprised that nobody has mentioned the part that Nigel Pearson played in getting Leicester to this position. From late November 2014 through to April 2015 they were dead last in the Premier League and yet won 7 of their remaining 9 games under his management to finish the season in 14th place.

This so called unity and self belief was fostered on his watch, not Ranieri's. Those moments of managerial madness that he suffered probably helped to take the pressure off the players as the medias glare was put upon the manager and helped to create the siege mentality where both the players and management team came out fighting.

Hats off to Ranieri for continuing this mentality and the go for it self belief that was instilled.

They've done very well. I will say though that they're very lucky in that they pretty much never get any injuries, key players all always fit and they've not played many of the top clubs yet, only arsenal and spurs who they drew and lost to. It'll be interesting if they get into Europe, how they handle the extra games, fatigue,different game times, maybe even a few injuries. Different ball game then

bullittboy

Quote Originally Posted by matt1982 View Post
    They've done very well. I will say though that they're very lucky in that they pretty much never get any injuries, key players all always fit and they've not played many of the top clubs yet, only arsenal and spurs who they drew and lost to. It'll be interesting if they get into Europe, how they handle the extra games, fatigue,different game times, maybe even a few injuries. Different ball game then
    Don't want to piss on their chips, but they haven't got a hope in hell of qualifying for Europe. As you say, they have been very fortunate regarding injuries so far and haven't played the majority of the big teams yet. A top ten finish would be a remarkable achievement for a provisional city team of their standing.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1982 View Post
    I would love to see them in Europe. Particularly if it meant the red Scouse weren't as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    Vardy got all sorts of stick before they went up. A fair portion seemed to want shot of him the year before. Amazing what ten games does for a chaps reputation.
    Ha I was going to say this. He's just got player of the month and yes, a couple of years ago he was a waste of money! Plastic Leicester fans who I didn't even know were into football can't shut up about him now.

bullittboy

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Ha I was going to say this. He's just got player of the month and yes, a couple of years ago he was a waste of money! Plastic Leicester fans who I didn't even know were into football can't shut up about him now.
    Plenty of folk on here were telling all and sundry how shit he was when we were linked with him not so long ago. Just goes to show that as supporters most of us don't really have a clue about the merits of one player over another.

Quote Originally Posted by bullittboy View Post
    Plenty of folk on here were telling all and sundry how shit he was when we were linked with him not so long ago. Just goes to show that as supporters most of us don't really have a clue about the merits of one player over another.
    Alright, just fucking leave it can't you?

bullittboy

Just making sure you've got the message Wes 😀. Anyway, you weren't the only one.

Listening to 5Live earlier and it's astonishing just how many players are dumped by League clubs only to come back even better than before. I don't think it's only supporters who can't tell a player's quality.

My wife and I used to own a book shop and publishers are just the same. They publish hundreds of books a month because they haven't got the faintest idea if any particular book is going to sell.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Some of the best players ive seen play live never made it. I had 7 different trials with pro clubs and the kiss arseing from parents just to get their kids ahead was disgraceful. Non league is awash with lots of players who if they had the teaching that others had would be able to be playing top level football like vardy right now. Maybe his parents weren't arse lickers.

bullittboy

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Some of the best players ive seen play live never made it. I had 7 different trials with pro clubs and the kiss arseing from parents just to get their kids ahead was disgraceful. Non league is awash with lots of players who if they had the teaching that others had would be able to be playing top level football like vardy right now. Maybe his parents weren't arse lickers.
    If you had your time again would you have sucked your coach's cock to get where you thought you should have been?

Banned

According to my pal who is a regular through the doors at the Crisp Bowl, at the moment the club are doing every thing they can to encourage families through the gates and generate an atmosphere. At the moment they are giving away plastic/paper clackers to create more noise, corny but seemingly effective.

Meanwhile on the pitch, credit where credit is due.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by bullittboy View Post
    If you had your time again would you have sucked your coach's cock to get where you thought you should have been?

No I can't do it, I've never creeped to anybody for anything in my life, I get it from my old man. Its ingrained within me that id rather miss out than break that rule. I also despise folk who do it. I see it now with my lads mates parents at school. It disgusts me.

The reason I didn't make it was i was to shy and lacked confidence when I was younger. I was as good as anybody back then but didn't push myself. I've payed to watch lower league games in my adult life where players have been playing that i made look stupid on a football pitch when we were younger.