Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: West Ham's Dodgy Olympic Stadium Deal

Default Re: West Ham's Dodgy Olympic Stadium Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Who'd have cracked first? West Ham couldn't let that opportunity pass. It was worth a lot more than 2.5 millions a year to them.
    Too right, there were several other clubs who would have paid decent money to have games there as well. Why on earth have we let them have it to use exclusively? Especially when the West Ham Board are coming out with bullshite like "we are only renting it for 25 days a year"? I'd have to reply "hardly" since they have forced exclusive usage rights into the deal in being the only football team allowed to use the ground and yet are not paying any real costs for the stadium what so ever! Leyton Orient were prepared to have shared it with a couple of clubs yet some right dodgy shite seems to have gone on. We've let them have it for basically nothing and quite possibly at even further loss to the tax payer each game because the £2.5 million a year the are set to pay will struggle to even cover the running costs. That's the reality of how bad it is! Dodgy business bumchums with funny handshakes a plenty and a fair few greased palms etc and although they've failed in trying to sweep the figures under the carpet they still seem to be getting away with some pretty shady shit to me. Someone needs to be taking them to court over this and am surprised Spurs and Leyton Orient plus a few other clubs further a field concerned about the unfair deal and how it may affect being able to compete aren't because if you look at the figures mentioned above it beggars belief!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Someone, somewhere knows some secrets.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

From what I remember from the BBC documentary it's mainly because Boris was so useless in the bidding process that West Ham managed to get in such a strong position that they could more or less name their terms, which is why they have such a favourable deal.
    And this is the man that some people want to run the country.

If they had made negotiating this a challenge for the first round of The Apprentice the LLDC would still have a better deal now.

So Boris's and Seb Coe's pockets get well lined whilst Boris plays the fool for the BBC. It makes a good story but I just don't buy it as being as simple as Boris being a complete imbecile and not being able to negotiate a deal, it's not as if it would be him personally banging out the finer details anyhow, you would have top legal people involved and market rates used as comparisons in order to set the figures or at least that's what should have happened, plus I do doubt he's anywhere near as stupid as he seems. Although he looks like an extra from a Harry Enfield show I'm sure he's a lot more shrewd when needs be and I'm sure we'll never know what's really happened behind closed doors with this one!

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

I really am surprised this institutional theft has not been raised at every level of the media and political spectrum, it is nothing short of a Putin type theft from the public and a total wank of a "legacy" for the charlatans involved. Shame, shame, shame poured on the Olympic ideal.

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    So Boris's and Seb Coe's pockets get well lined whilst Boris plays the fool for the BBC. It makes a good story but I just don't buy it as being as simple as Boris being a complete imbecile and not being able to negotiate a deal, it's not as if it would be him personally banging out the finer details anyhow, you would have top legal people involved and market rates used as comparisons in order to set the figures or at least that's what should have happened, plus I do doubt he's anywhere near as stupid as he seems. Although he looks like an extra from a Harry Enfield show I'm sure he's a lot more shrewd when needs be and I'm sure we'll never know what's really happened behind closed doors with this one!
    Its all an act that Boris portrays, so as to be the ever lovable baffoon that the british have enjoyed, from Billy bunter to the Ealing films

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Lady Brady getting a few favours from her Tory chums.

"You used to have corner flags, you don't any more"

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

We paid for your flags, stewarding, police, refreshment kiosks and goal posts

What a waste of council tax

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

Outrageous! I still can't get over how they've got away with this when the yearly stadium expenses are likely to cost more than the 2.5 million that they're being charged. It's completely crazy and miles away from the market rate of what they should be charged. Even Man City pay 4 million a year which is said to be very low. Add on the increased rent for it being London and you're talking over double plus Man City don't get millions of pounds in policing/stewarding cleaning etc thrown into the deal for no extra cost, even the fecking corner flags are included for West Ham. What a fecking joke! They should be paying 10 million a year at least robbing bar stewards!

Man City were paying 2 million and only agreed to 4 million when negotiating to buy the naming rights. Very shortly after they had a sponsorship deal worth 400 million. That deal still stinks, but you'd have thought that the LLDC would have noticed how much of a killing a football club in Manchester has been able to make on a publicly funded stadium and recognised the value of one that cost five and half times as much to a club based in the capital.

Keep reading the excuse that without West Ham as tenants, we'd have a white elephant, accompanied with a tweeted picture of the Athens stadium and its weeds. That argument completely ignores the fact that it has never once been the case that nobody wanted to take on the Olympic Stadium. Just the three football clubs interested have been quarrelling over this stadium. West Ham had to fight for it twice because of various complaints and challenges on the grounds the deal was state aid. And even if we were in some parallel uniserse where only West Ham had expressed an interest, that would still be no reason to give it to them for free. The Olympic Stadium is going to be worth millions to West Ham, if you doubled every figure in the deal it would still look like the deal of the century that they couldn't afford to walk away from. So how did they settle on the deal they did?

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 17-04-16 at 12:00.

Anybody that wanted it should have had to have brought it with conditions

Sent from my nokia 6110 using snake

Rice 13

The Helter Skelter next to it cost more to build than the annual rent Wet Sham will be paying

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns View Post
    The Helter Skelter next to it cost more to build than the annual rent Wet Sham will be paying
    Is that with, or without the mats?

52k season tickets sold already for next season.

Ker-ching.

Banned

52k season tickets sold already for next season.
    So?

We've sold a couple too

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by SammyC View Post
    So?

We've sold a couple too
    We haven't been essentially given a 60k-seater stadium with excellent transport links for the square root of fuck all.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

1. Get em on 'low low' (by the Pl's ridiculous standards) prices.

2. Gradually put prices up as the football fan's code of 'through thick and thin.. and extortionate BS' takes hold.

3. Sell to highest bidder from the Forbes list currently without a trainset.

Tickets for the last game at Upton park selling for 600 plus according to a hammers ST holder I know

Just bought tickets for four session at next summer's Athletics World Championships.

Unlike the for the Olympics, they had priority window for athletics fans, coaches, volunteers, etc.. rather than flogging them off to the people with the biggest credit card limits.

Will they still have a running track and pits for the jumps and vaults?

Yes. The stands slide in for the football season, like the Sydney Olympic Stadium I believe. British Athletics, along with Newham Council, still have used of the stadium for one month every summer.