Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: West Ham's Dodgy Olympic Stadium Deal

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Default Re: West Ham's Dodgy Olympic Stadium Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Youve got very big "shoes" to fill if you do

Missed your chance divorced Lenny and remarried

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Thing is West Ham had London over a barrel with this. Don't want to let us have the stadium on a cheap rent? Fine, let it stand empty.

They should have let the Olympic Stadium become the new national football stadium, and not bothered redeveloping Wembley. London now has Wembley, Olympic, Twickenham and Emirates as 60k plus grounds. Most of them stand empty most of the year.
    Who'd have cracked first? West Ham couldn't let that opportunity pass. It was worth a lot more than 2.5 millions a year to them.

Quite apart from the fuckery inherent in this deal, it'll be a shame to lose Upton Park as a destination for Forest to go to. It's a classic old ground and having married into a family from the nighbourhood I'll be as sad to see it go as I was Maine Road and Highfield Road.

What I find annoying when clubs change grounds is my careful plans and routines built up over the years all go up in smoke and it's back to the drawing board.

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post
    Quite apart from the fuckery inherent in this deal, it'll be a shame to lose Upton Park as a destination for Forest to go to. It's a classic old ground and having married into a family from the nighbourhood I'll be as sad to see it go as I was Maine Road and Highfield Road.
    You are the first person I have ever heard say they are sad to see the back of Highfield Road. I almost forgot that dump ever existed.

I miss Meadow Lane before they rebuilt it.

I remember going to meadow lane in the 80s and sitting on woodern benchs. Approx 1988.. Surely that was a firetrap?

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Filling the shoes is no mean feat. But you'll never fill the sleeve.

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

The Wand!

An interesting read and an opinion I agree with.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...or-now-4117783

Good read that, thanks for sharing

London Legacy Development Corporation lose appeal. Tribunal orders full publication of their secret deal with West Ham.

https://oscoalition.wordpress.com/

https://twitter.com/danroan?ref_src=...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    London Legacy Development Corporation lose appeal. Tribunal orders full publication of their secret deal with West Ham.

https://oscoalition.wordpress.com/

https://twitter.com/danroan?ref_src=...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Good. While the Olympic Stadium had to be sold on/used beyond the Olympics there has only been one winner in this saga and that is West Ham.

£15million up front and £2million a year rent, when Highbury cost £600million and Tottenhams new ground is estimated to cost £450million.

West Ham are gaining a huge financial benefit over their rivals just by being the nearest Premier League team.

I wonder how much money has ended up in Lord Coe' off-shore account?

So financial fair play means if you have a rich owner he isn't allowed to bankroll the club, but you are allowed to get a publicly-funded brand new stadium virtually rent free.

So financial fair play means if you have a rich owner he isn't allowed to bankroll the club, but you are allowed to get a publicly-funded brand new stadium virtually rent free.
    Although had the F.A. bribed FIFA enough that we had won the World Cup bid, who knows what stadium we'd have been dreaming of playing in now.

You can't have it both ways

Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Although had the F.A. bribed FIFA enough that we had won the World Cup bid, who knows what stadium we'd have been dreaming of playing in now.

You can't have it both ways
    Yes I know we were due to get a stadium as part of the WC bid, but I don't know if we were going to be lucky enough to get a deal as sweet as the 'Ammers.

Yes I know we were due to get a stadium as part of the WC bid, but I don't know if we were going to be lucky enough to get a deal as sweet as the 'Ammers.
    No chance, Barbus. We're not a London club for starters.

For every £1 spent on infrastructure in the provinces London spends £50.

That should be a pretty decent marker as to how any backing would have worked for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    I miss Meadow Lane before they rebuilt it.
    I'll never forget that lovely warm day when we beat them 4-0 with a massive sea of red and white behind the goal in which all 4 went in.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post

£15million up front
    Sold the Upton Park land for more than that, too I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    I'll never forget that lovely warm day when we beat them 4-0 with a massive sea of red and white behind the goal in which all 4 went in.
    One of favourite matches of all time. Sat with family of County season ticket holders. Was just young enough to get away with celebrating every goal in the Main Stand.

Was kind of repeat of the West Ham cup semi-final from a few months earlier. COunty had the better of the first half. All Forest goals in the second half. Almost the same goalscorers.

Warnock was in the studio at Villa Park for the West Ham game. He said after the game he wasn't so sure Forest would have won had it not been for Tony Gayle's sending off. Then Forest went to Meadow Lane and did the same job on his team eleven versus eleven.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 13-04-16 at 08:38.

A key point there is that above 4 million and West Ham will be cashing in on naming rights.

Man City are earning 80 million a year from theirs despite the council still being out of pocket for the City of Manchester Stadium. When West Ham are a Champions League club, they'll be making a huge profit in the same way on a stadium that have cost around 700 million of public money.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    No wonder West Ham wanted it kept secret in an attempt to sweep it under the carpet. 2,5 mill a year and "The Hammers will not have to pay for a range of things including policing, stewarding, goalposts, corner flags, cleaners and turnstile operators. Heating and lighting costs will also be covered by the stadium managers". Plus to add "£272m has been spent to convert the site for use as a Premier League ground" and yet "West Ham have contributed" a measly "£15m towards those costs" what a complete an utter piss take!

To add the policing costs alone would be around 1 million a year if they are anything like Arsenal's policing costs. The stewarding would surely cost a fair bit also, as would maintenance etc so in other words they are basically getting the whole stadium for free! Hence why they are so happy! I fail to see how this can be seen as a good deal for the tax payer however and is also unfair for the other football clubs trying to compete!

Not that type of player

So West Ham are the people's team?

I vote we change their name to Glorious People's Tractor Factory Number Eight.

They will of course have a Five Year Plan.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough