Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should he stay or should he go?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • #Brexit

9 15.52%
  • #Remainalonga

49 84.48%
Page 142 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 3921

Thread: Britt Curtis Assombalonga

Default Re: Britt Curtis Assombalonga

We don't need to sell for FFP that is a fallacy, Warbuton said as much himself. The problem is Assombolonga wants to go and you can't do anything about that. We now have a relagtion squad without that and that 15 mill needs to all reinvested into the squad and Stojkovic, Lica, Fox and Perquis on. We will need a striker, defensive mid, centre back, and a full back.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    We don't need to sell for FFP that is a fallacy, Warbuton said as much himself. The problem is Assombolonga wants to go and you can't do anything about that. We now have a relagtion squad without that and that 15 mill needs to all reinvested into the squad and Stojkovic, Lica, Fox and Perquis on. We will need a striker, defensive mid, centre back, and a full back.

Don't you think a full pre-season with the squad may mean fitness & cohesion give us a side capable of staying up without investment?

Also, cant you see how it's more sensible to invest as minimal as possible so long as we get the players we need? Why does all 15m have to be re-invested? For 7m we got Antonio & Britt, wouldn't that keep is up again?

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

I'm not moaning as was fairly clear Britt was very likely to go.

One point to throw into the mix though.

We're apparently trying to build a side.

Do we have to sell every player who has his head turned then?

Heard the argument we can't match wages etc plus when a player wants to go you can't stop them.

How are we going to keep hold of our best talent then to actually use for our own benefit and build a squad able to contend if when we get offers our best players get sold?

It's obviously all about the money with most players and likewise with this Britt sale.

We surely can't just let every player go when a club sniffs around and starts putting in offers?

Not sure we've actually got the balance right at all yet although granted it's early days but can see anyone who performs well before Christmas being approached as well.

Quote Originally Posted by psychohasyournumber View Post
    It's not ideal but unless its a loan signing like (off top of head) newcastles Murphy then i'm ok going with Vellios, Cummings, Brereton.
    using Assombalonga money strengthening other areas more important imo.
    Id like to see Luongo c.m, Bidwell l.b from QPR. Gardner back from Villa & c.b if we can some how move hobbs on.
    I suppose when you throw those names out there as what we've got, you come to think there must be some fairly decent goal scoring records sat there.
    Vellios I felt proved he's a half decent goalscorer at this level last year, not on BAs level but adequate. The Cummings lad obviously does in Scotland and there's a question as to how that translates, Bremerton has a handful of potential.

Maybe it's not so bad after all? Still certainly feels it though!

Why do we need a Centre Back? Worrall, Mancienne, Mills, Hobbs and Fox are all decent enough and none of them are going anywhere this summer, why do we need a sixth? (and thats assuming we can get rid of Perquis)

Tudders number 1 fan

Not bothered about him leaving , other than the Ipswich game I thought he was shot tbh , I think we have done very well to get a high price for him , He could end up breaking down again next season , I am more than happy with the money in the bank.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

sent from my hide, using a pigeon

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Don't you think a full pre-season with the squad may mean fitness & cohesion give us a side capable of staying up without investment?

Also, cant you see how it's more sensible to invest as minimal as possible so long as we get the players we need? Why does all 15m have to be re-invested? For 7m we got Antonio & Britt, wouldn't that keep is up again?
    It would be fine if we could actually get the players we need for small amounts.

It's quite clear that sides who don't spend don't compete and struggle to stay up in the championship.

When you look at the figures on the swiss ramble, who have gone to great lengths to discuss championship finances in incredible detail, they spell it out in black and white.

There's not many sides at all who haven't spent large amounts in reality and been able to compete.

I think we will see him shortly coming back with his tail between his legs when he fails a medical,I cannot see Boro getting insurance on him after the injury and they will put him through a rigorous test.

Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    Not bothered about him leaving , other than the Ipswich game I thought he was shot tbh , I think we have done very well to get a high price for him , He could end up breaking down again next season , I am more than happy with the money in the bank.

In Britt's case I'd have to agree.

Boro are potty spending 14 million on him.

If he was only on loan here last couple of seasons and we wanted to spend 14 million to actually buy him there would be uproar surely?

He can get goals but there's a lot of ifs involved.

Afobe, afobe, afobe

Did i mention afobe?

Same players that have been terrible for years under a few managers means I have no faith in them. Also if we were to buy an anonio and Assombolonga in this current climate the price would be a lot higher due to inflation. We had to fork out more money on top of the sale of darcelles to get those two. How am earth can anyone think this squad has the quality to replace what Burke Lansbury and Assombolonga brought to us is a mystery.

Buying Scottish talent is a risk and frankly is a tactic that clubs fighting relegation from the championship do. Look at Burton there top signing is a striker from Ross county a guy player higher than Cummings that the tablemwe are at. We are relegation fodder..... That's why we need serious investment if Assombolonga goes.

Disappointing he's leaving after we've got him back up and running after a bad injury but £15m is a good amount. I thought Boro would be a so-so team this season but with him, he'll have them up there.

Also, why are people tweeting about players having medicals at 4am? Get a life you sad fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    Why do we need a Centre Back? Worrall, Mancienne, Mills, Hobbs and Fox are all decent enough and none of them are going anywhere this summer, why do we need a sixth? (and thats assuming we can get rid of Perquis)
    Look at our defensive record... Worrall and Mills are overrated, mancienne and Hobbs always injured and Fox is a shocking footballer. We are so light at the back it's frightening that we have got rid of all our match winners Lansbury, Burke and Assombolonga. Honestly it is a scary time to be a forest fan I really don't know if fmthis risk will pay off.

Best served cold

We don't need to sell for FFP that is a fallacy, Warbuton said as much himself. The problem is Assombolonga wants to go and you can't do anything about that.
    I feel we are underplaying the club being willing to sell him. Most likely they saw a chance to get a reasonably high sum for this level of football, weighed up the options and decided to take it before going to Britt and discussing it with him. Everything so far suggests it's a deal that's been struck to suit all all parties rather than a player pushing through a move. If that had been the case then at the first sign of interest Britt would have been on a plane back from America but he wasn't and you could see him in the photo's clearly paying attention and enjoying himself as part of the squad.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I feel we are underplaying the club being willing to sell him. Most likely they saw a chance to get a reasonably high sum for this level of football, weighed up the options and decided to take it before going to Britt and discussing it with him. Everything so far suggests it's a deal that's been struck to suit all all parties rather than a player pushing through a move. If that had been the case then at the first sign of interest Britt would have been on a plane back from America but he wasn't and you could see him in the photo's clearly paying attention and enjoying himself as part of the squad.
    I agree Hulk and not only that I would make the player hand in a transfer request first if he wanted to go because for the clubs PR that would be great and wave off assombalongas loyalty bonus. My feeling is he did want to leave because of a great contract offer but forest also wanted the dollar. Clubs should always make their star players hand in transfer requests I don't understand why they don't.

Left Winger

Look at our defensive record... Worrall and Mills are overrated, mancienne and Hobbs always injured and Fox is a shocking footballer. We are so light at the back it's frightening that we have got rid of all our match winners Lansbury, Burke and Assombolonga. Honestly it is a scary time to be a forest fan I really don't know if fmthis risk will pay off.
    Our Defensive record last season was so bad because our Midfield was absolutely shocking. No retention of the ball, no protection for the back four.

When your Defence is consistently trying to fend-off five or six players, what do you expect?

We need a proper bastard of a Defensive Midfielder, or two, before we buy anyone else. That type of player alone, who can organise, who can break up play, who can dictate the tempo of the game, is what we have sorely missed since the departure of Paul McKenna. If we sort that position, then immediately we improve our Defence, without doing anything else.

Why some folk can't see that is a mystery.

WE NEED MORE BASTARDS!

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    It would be fine if we could actually get the players we need for small amounts.

It's quite clear that sides who don't spend don't compete and struggle to stay up in the championship.

When you look at the figures on the swiss ramble, who have gone to great lengths to discuss championship finances in incredible detail, they spell it out in black and white.

There's not many sides at all who haven't spent large amounts in reality and been able to compete.
    We just need good players mate, that doesn't mean we have to spunk all 15m on them.

Like I said, Britt & Antonio were 7m in total. So essentially add Antonio to the side we have now and keep Britt, and that's what Stuart Pearce would have bought with 7m of 15m.

I'm confident that would more than keep us up.

Same players that have been terrible for years under a few managers means I have no faith in them. Also if we were to buy an anonio and Assombolonga in this current climate the price would be a lot higher due to inflation. We had to fork out more money on top of the sale of darcelles to get those two. How am earth can anyone think this squad has the quality to replace what Burke Lansbury and Assombolonga brought to us is a mystery.

Buying Scottish talent is a risk and frankly is a tactic that clubs fighting relegation from the championship do. Look at Burton there top signing is a striker from Ross county a guy player higher than Cummings that the tablemwe are at. We are relegation fodder..... That's why we need serious investment if Assombolonga goes.
    Antonio only signed 2 seasons ago. His price would be very similar, and i doubt Britt's would be much higher. You may be looking at 8-9m, but still nowhere near 15m.

Some of you really need to make your mind up. Every year I'm reading the same contradictory u-turn of "ARGGH!! Trim the squad/wages!! Tighten the purse strings!!" to "arggghhh!! We're shit!! we need to invest heavily!!" and back.

You think expensive players come on cheap wages? Looking for a 10m player to replace Britt is asking for a lad here on a big wage, and setting the standard for other players to cmoe on high wages because then that's what the club pay.

The best stratergy for me is to take 15m, spend wisely & thriftfully (say 5-10m depending on who we get) on several players, hold on to the rest to see how we are near the end of Aug and go from there.

If we spunk a fortune on 1 single player we've learned nothing. this year is about restructuring, and step one is to bring wages into a manageable bracket, so we don't have to be forced to sell the likes of Britt in the first place.

I'm hoping that Warburton, like the might Billy Davies , is someone who is able to build a team that doesn't require a talismanic striker.

That's one of the reason's why I've always thought Davies fitted a club like our perfectly - because his results were born out of a team ethois & style of play, meaning other clubs couldn't wreck us like they did when we lost Stan/PVH/etc.

We'er a shit lower champ club who can't repel bids for long, and haven't been able to since our Prem demise, and subsequent lower champ cementing after the Hart jewels were sold.

Fingers crossed Warbs is of similar brilliant calibre to Davies, and the togetherness, style, confidence & knowhow he brings makes our unit a successful one that doesn't rely on one 20 goal man.
    Alf, apart from Earnshaw(whom he didn't buy), not having a quality striker was Billy's major achilles heel in my opinion and the major reason as to why we weren't promoted under his tenure. We're now between 20-25 goals down, without kicking a ball!

Worrall and Mills are overrated......and Fox is a shocking footballer......
    You omitted to add in your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsleepingbeauty View Post
    Alf, apart from Earnshaw(whom he didn't buy), not having a quality striker was Billy's major achilles heel in my opinion and the major reason as to why we weren't promoted under his tenure. We're now between 20-25 goals down, without kicking a ball!
    Not having one may have stopped us from getting promotion, but not relying on one and having a squad which could challenge the top 6 without one, and with forwards like Cox + Derbyshire + Halford up top, was his strength.

Fawaz & Doughty should have got him an Austin instead of a Rafik/Tudgay, but that approach of becoming a top 6 side without relying on an individual goalscorer is the best way forward for a club like ours.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 17-07-17 at 19:34.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    You omitted to add in your opinion.
    I doubt anyone has been as vociferous as me in their criticism of Danny Fox (maybe because he's a Scouser?) following his regular shambolic displays at Left Back, but when he was moved to Central Defence, without being exposed by his lack of positional discipline, he actually looked like a half-decent player.

And criticism of Joe Worrall, an 18-year old lad thrown into the shambles of Nottingham Forest's 2016-17 season is a tad harsh. That's the kind of comment I expect from Barry. I have seen enough of young Worrall to see potential there, once he cuts out a few errors in his game - but that will come with experience.

Mills is a basic, Championship-level 'stopper, and a useful squad member. Perhaps not a regular starter, but for a financially-struggling team at the arse-end of the Championship, it's not like we are going to be able to sign Paolo Maldini.

In my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post

After the Derby game, we'd have given him away. After the QPR away game, serious questions were asked about his fitness and commitment.

I'm sad he's gone but I think £15 mill is good business and Brereton is an ideal replacement, but of course I may be wrong!

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I doubt anyone has been as vociferous as me in their criticism of Danny Fox (maybe because he's a Scouser?) following his regular shambolic displays at Left Back, but when he was moved to Central Defence, without being exposed by his lack of positional discipline, he actually looked like a half-decent player.

And criticism of Joe Worrall, an 18-year old lad thrown into the shambles of Nottingham Forest's 2016-17 season is a tad harsh. That's the kind of comment I expect from Barry. I have seen enough of young Worrall to see potential there, once he cuts out a few errors in his game - but that will come with experience.

Mills is a basic, Championship-level 'stopper, and a useful squad member. Perhaps not a regular starter, but for a financially-struggling team at the arse-end of the Championship, it's not like we are going to be able to sign Paolo Maldini.

In my opinion, of course.
    Your welcome

Please note.

This reply is fact and not in my opinion.

We just need good players mate, that doesn't mean we have to spunk all 15m on them.

Like I said, Britt & Antonio were 7m in total. So essentially add Antonio to the side we have now and keep Britt, and that's what Stuart Pearce would have bought with 7m of 15m.

I'm confident that would more than keep us up.

Antonio only signed 2 seasons ago. His price would be very similar, and i doubt Britt's would be much higher. You may be looking at 8-9m, but still nowhere near 15m.

Some of you really need to make your mind up. Every year I'm reading the same contradictory u-turn of "ARGGH!! Trim the squad/wages!! Tighten the purse strings!!" to "arggghhh!! We're shit!! we need to invest heavily!!" and back.

You think expensive players come on cheap wages? Looking for a 10m player to replace Britt is asking for a lad here on a big wage, and setting the standard for other players to cmoe on high wages because then that's what the club pay.

The best stratergy for me is to take 15m, spend wisely & thriftfully (say 5-10m depending on who we get) on several players, hold on to the rest to see how we are near the end of Aug and go from there.

If we spunk a fortune on 1 single player we've learned nothing. this year is about restructuring, and step one is to bring wages into a manageable bracket, so we don't have to be forced to sell the likes of Britt in the first place.
    I completely agree with this. If we are just going to just spend most of the £15m on a replacement for Britt, then what's the point in selling Britt in the first place?

Use £10m wisely to buy 3 or 4 decent players in positions we are weak in, keep the rest in case we need it later during the season.

He's a greedy twat but that's not a surprise is it.. Hope he really regrets this.. At least it'll add a little spice to our Boro games, can't wait to see Worral crunch him.. Plus at least it feels as though the club didn't bend over for once..