Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 980

Thread: Nelson Oliviera

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,602

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by derbyshirered View Post
    145 games 21 goals, not that impressive
    In La Liga, Premier League, Ligue 1 etc. At least half of those will be sub appearances too

    We're in the Championship, the lad could destroy all in his path if he finds his shooting boots. Look at his international scoring record


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,144

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    I've only ever seen him play for Portugal. But he has a touch of class, and for a big lad, he can move a bit too.

    I think we'd be very lucky to get him. From his youtube video, he loves to lift it over the 'keeper. (sign of someone with great composure imo)


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ex Radcliffe Road now N Yorks
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by bgd View Post
    From his youtube video, he loves to lift it over the 'keeper. (sign of someone with great composure imo)
    Better version of Abdoun then


  5. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    8,109

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Why hasn't he singed FFS?!


  6. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    NG3
    Posts
    888

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    In La Liga, Premier League, Ligue 1 etc. At least half of those will be sub appearances too

    We're in the Championship, the lad could destroy all in his path if he finds his shooting boots. Look at his international scoring record
    He's played a few different positions too (been pushed back into midfield a few times)


  7. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,869

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Sometimes players need a settled run of games in their best position to show their best. They can build partnerships with other players, understanding, fitness, sharpness and confidence. You don't get that playing 10 minutes here and there.


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    12,998

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Sometimes players need a settled run of games in their best position to show their best. They can build partnerships with other players, understanding, fitness, sharpness and confidence. You don't get that playing 10 minutes here and there.
    Ah true. But we aren't the best for giving players runs in the team unless they hit the ground running.

    The most recent example is Embecilio. Appeared to play well on his away debut. Then proceeds to make a mistake and the groans around the ground were audible. Player is then unceremoniously whipped off at half time. Amazing what an effect the crowd has on player confidence and managers decision making.

    I fear for any player who doesn't hit the ground running at the City Ground. Gardener was given such a run because he didn't put a foot wrong from the first minute to the last. Most new players and particularly young ones are not flawless.

    Even seen and heard people moaning about McDonagh when he came on. We don't always even give are own a fair run. Funny lot.


  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    14,693

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    The way some talk about Dougie signing a big man because he wants to hoof it towards him is nonsense. We need a player to hold the ball up because it doesn't stick.

    You think Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool signed Costa, Giroud & Benteke (who are all target men) because they wanted to hoof it towards them?


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Everywhere, and yet nowhere to be seen
    Posts
    1,249

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    I fear for any player who doesn't hit the ground running at the City Ground. Gardener was given such a run because he didn't put a foot wrong from the first minute to the last.
    If you look at the thread for the first couple of games, many people were not impressed by him.


  11. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    14,693

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Penguin View Post
    If you look at the thread for the first couple of games, many people were not impressed by him.
    Gardner was all but missing in his first two games. He played in a more advanced position I believe.

    Dougie then came in and found a perfect role for him - something that no other manager over his career has done by the way.


  12. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    NG3
    Posts
    888

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    You think Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool signed Costa, Giroud & Benteke (who are all target men) because they wanted to hoof it towards them?
    Yes, I bet Jose's out there everyday saying "FFS Fābregas! What's with all this tippy-tappy shit? Launch it long to Costa!"


  13. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    5,692

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Yes, I bet Jose's out there everyday saying "FFS Fābregas! What's with all this tippy-tappy shit? Launch it long to Costa!"
    tried and tested tactic against teams that like to play high and compress the space. Thump it long to the big strong bastard of a player for the first quarter of an hour gets the defence to take a step or two back creating more room for actual football.


  14. #63
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    13,711

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    The way some talk about Dougie signing a big man because he wants to hoof it towards him is nonsense. We need a player to hold the ball up because it doesn't stick.

    You think Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool signed Costa, Giroud & Benteke (who are all target men) because they wanted to hoof it towards them?

    With respect The aforementioned arent having to deal exclusively in high balls & have a more than willing midfield to work with.

    Walker has shown to be more than capable with his feet. It becomes much more of a lottery for a lone striker to make high balls "stick".


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango
    Posts
    2,302

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Think we've been lumping it up field too much - its possible you ain't seen nothing yet.

    In his Forest player interview DF was talking about how we may need to change to a long ball game - "more direct" as he put it.


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,011

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sheldon Cooper View Post
    Think we've been lumping it up field too much - its possible you ain't seen nothing yet.

    In his Forest player interview DF was talking about how we may need to change to a long ball game - "more direct" as he put it.
    This is Dougie's way just as it was Pearce's way. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.


  17. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTe View Post
    This is Dougie's way just as it was Pearce's way. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

    so if that assumption is correct what is the point in buying midfielders?

    DF is a poor manager and eventually he'll be sacked because of poor results caused through his own beliefs at what he thinks is the correct way for forest to play....basically Sunday morning pub football


  18. #67
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    13,711

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravo1 View Post
    so if that assumption is correct what is the point in buying midfielders?

    There is certainly a point to buying defensive midfielders. The catastrophic transition from Gardner to Mancienne was the catalyst for this long ball nonsense.

    Should the Williams acquisition go ahead, it could go one of two ways. Either Freedman is looking for a central midfielder who can get up & down to collect second balls off O,Grady & get back to defend, or hes finally ditching the snowball for a passing game further up the pitch.


  19. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,661

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sheldon Cooper View Post
    Think we've been lumping it up field too much - its possible you ain't seen nothing yet.

    In his Forest player interview DF was talking about how we may need to change to a long ball game - "more direct" as he put it.
    He was talking about playing two up front (which should summon Bucksred )


  20. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango
    Posts
    2,302

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    He was talking about playing two up front (which should summon Bucksred )
    And lumping it up to them, sorry utilizing a more direct style of play.

    “I think when we go direct, we can cause a few more problems – It’s just nice to have two strikers who can play up front because playing that way is something you need to have in the Championship.”


  21. #70

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    He was talking about playing two up front (which should summon Bucksred )
    It's like "Bloody Mary" isn't it? You say "2 up front" 3 times while looking into a mirror, and Bucksred appears behind you.


  22. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,322

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    This guy will be the signing of the summer in this league is we pull it off. A really terrific footballer who is a very composed finisher. Absolutely loved him in Portugal but he has been played deeper and it hasn't really worked. This is to our gain. If he has a good season he will end up at a much better club, so we will hopefully get a good season out of him. Will back him to bag 20 if he signs, seriously will be the best player in this league. No idea how we have pulled this off but kudos to the club if we can push it through.


  23. #72
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    10,475

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Fingers crossed...


  24. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,661

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by CloughyForEngland View Post
    This guy will be the signing of the summer in this league is we pull it off. A really terrific footballer who is a very composed finisher. Absolutely loved him in Portugal but he has been played deeper and it hasn't really worked. This is to our gain. If he has a good season he will end up at a much better club, so we will hopefully get a good season out of him. Will back him to bag 20 if he signs, seriously will be the best player in this league. No idea how we have pulled this off but kudos to the club if we can push it through.
    Got to admit I didn't know much about him, but I told my friend (who knows everything there is to know about football) and he thought I was taking the piss. That's generally a good sign (or a really bad one!)


  25. #74
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CSU EAST BAY
    Posts
    15,358

    Default Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravo1 View Post
    so if that assumption is correct what is the point in buying midfielders?

    DF is a poor manager and eventually he'll be sacked because of poor results caused through his own beliefs at what he thinks is the correct way for forest to play....basically Sunday morning pub football
    So the charlton game was just a freak occurrence of football played on the floor? I'm pretty sure now that Antonio is gone, the football will be much better. If we had a striker that had more experience, and don't bring up the blackstock(I don't think he's up to it anymore) pato(was shit everywhere he played apparently) arguments, because they are not valid. We have no striker. No proper target man, if doggie does things as it would be thought of by all of us, you play two up front. Now whether or not Nelson is a target man, this guy is big. Plus COG, forest didn't have a striker like that, but now we do, and if all these signings happen, I have a good feeling that we're going to be really good.



    Or just gobshite and df will be sacked by October, football is a crazy game lol.

    Last edited by Thomas; 03-09-15 at 16:32.

  26. #75

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Nelson Oliviera

    Quote Originally Posted by clagnut View Post
    So the charlton game was just a freak occurrence of football played on the floor? I'm pretty sure now that Antonio is gone, the football will be much better.
    Glad there are other people that think that. I loved watching him scoring and creating goals, but 2 managers now have failed to find a way to play team football with him in the team. I think that having the youth players in the team helped at Charlton, as all of our youth players seem schooled in passing football (I can't believe I just typed that, as it should be a basic requirement to be a footballer), but so is Lansbury and Ebecilio, and ALL of the new players from deadline day.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •