Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superstitions

Not that type of player

Default Superstitions

Buying a new shirt and hoping it's a 'lucky shirt' made me think about those little superstitions most of us have when it comes to match day.

I'm usually a rational kind of guy but I'll still insist on wearing the same shirt to a match if we've won the previous game. One t shirt went to thirty consecutive home games a few years back. Me and my Dad spend a moment or two deliberating which turnstile to go through each week depending on the previous result. The same if we've won, a different one if we've lost. We do this even though we are both aware it has no impact on the outcome of the game.

I'd be interested to hear about your Forest superstitions...

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Superstitions

We spent the whole of last season going through turnstile number 3 to get into Lower Bridgford. Made sod all difference, evidently, so I am scientifically concluding this stuff doesn't work.

‘This at bottom is the wish and prayer of all human hearts, everywhere and at all times: “Give me a leader, a true leader, not a false sham-leader; a true leader, that he may guide me on the true way.”’

- Thomas Carlyle

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    We spent the whole of last season going through turnstile number 3 to get into Lower Bridgford. Made sod all difference, evidently, so I am scientifically concluding this stuff doesn't work.
    But what if you'd gone through turnstile 2 a few more times? We might have made the play offs.

Devils favourite advocate

I always sit in the same computer chair, hang my pearce out bed sheet from the spare room window and try and use the same streaming website every week.......

In all seriousness though i dont think i have superstitions when watching forest.... When playing myself i always touched all my studs before i went out the changing room, made sure i put three in the net in the warm up, wore a shirt with 10 or above and stretch in a certain order, away on my own..... With forest its just habit, same turnstyle, same entance to my seat and wearing the shirt that looks the least creased with no dinner down it.

Never been into that stuff Rav. Guessing the ticket number as you approach the ground is generally a good omen but that's about as far as it stretches with me.

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Never been into that stuff Rav. Guessing the ticket number as you approach the ground is generally a good omen but that's about as far as it stretches with me.
    I haven't forgiven the knobhead who made it voucher number 13 when the sheep did us 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    But what if you'd gone through turnstile 2 a few more times? We might have made the play offs.
    That would only have made sense if Des Lyttle was manager.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Daft I know, but I always tap the perspex covering the 'home' dug-out as I make my way along the front of the Main Stand to my seat.

Bizarrely my actual life and Forest seem quite interlinked. I even split with an ex of 9 years on the weekend when we sacked a manager many would say I loved

It's not so much superstition as just some weird coincidences.

I refuse to bring my mate Jonny as since the boxing day thumping by Doncaster that saw the end of Calderwood (He's a Donny fan) we have lost every match he's been too. These include Billys last match against the sheep, Losing the play-off semi final, losing 4-1 at home to Wigan etc etc

Mind you I only started refusing when Pearce took over and it hasn't done much f***ing good.

If I'm listening on to the match on a Saturday and we're losing at half four I have to turn off and eat as many poppadoms as goals we need.

This worked against Bristol City a few years back as well as Norwich last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    If I'm listening on to the match on a Saturday and we're losing at half four I have to turn off and eat as many poppadoms as goals we need.

This worked against Bristol City a few years back as well as Norwich last season.
    Better get your sen down costco for a job lot this season.

Left Winger

I always use turnstile #30 to enter the ground.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

I never beat the bishop the night before a game.

Quote Originally Posted by psychoDrama View Post
    I never beat the bishop the night before a game.
    I could never want forest to win that much

I used to pray when I saw the name Danny Collins on the team sheet.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I always use turnstile #30 to enter the ground.
    We do something similar - use the same turnstile until we get a loss, then choose a new one for the next game.

As such, we ended up going through all of the Main Stand turnstiles last season.

Wandering around the CG

I have a pre-match ritual that almost borders on superstition. If I don't eat an omelette that morning and decide which clothes I'm wearing the night before (an old casuals trait), the day starts badly and I believe will end badly.
    This applies more to away games.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    I always sit in the same computer chair, hang my pearce out bed sheet from the spare room window and try and use the same streaming website every week.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgford_71 View Post
    I have a pre-match ritual that almost borders on superstition. If I don't eat an omelette that morning and decide which clothes I'm wearing the night before (an old casuals trait), the day starts badly and I believe will end badly.
    This applies more to away games.
    Still dont wear colours?

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Still dont wear colours?
    Sometimes wear a Forest scarf in winter, but other than that no.
    Actually, I did buy a hat with the stag badge on it the night we beat Huddersfield 6-1 when Raddy got a hatrick. I called it 'The 6-1 Hat' continued to wear it until we lost a game. Wasn't we on a bit of an unbeaten run under Billy at that point?

Got a few bottles of my late old man's whiskey. I save a dram for special occasions (no point letting a laphroaig collect dust), only time last season were before the home and away Derby games. Seemed to work out more than alright so will be doing the same this season too!

I always try and start matchdays using my Forest mug for the first tea of the day as we seem to lose when I don't. Sadly I forgot on friday

It was my fault (again)

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Start the day with a wank. Nothing to do with Forest, I'm just a randy fucker.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Hand ShAndy! View Post
    Start the day with a wank. Nothing to do with Forest, I'm just a randy fucker.
    Breakfast of Champions?