Default well done chris hughton

the best manager won that game tonight imo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: well done chris hughton

Didn't take much.

Your probably right.

Doesn't take manager of the season to repel a Forest side that gives you the ball long enough to get a real foothold in the game, and then has no idea what to do with their 30% possession.

Best served cold

I'm sure most forest fans knows freedman is a mostly awful manager. But he's the best we can get in the state we are in.

Last week he was blaming certain players not giving shit. Every week last season he had a different excuse.
    So wonder what it is tonight, after we played exactly the same we did when we were shit last season.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Oh my God I'm gunna have so much fun Jan 1st

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I'm sure most forest fans knows freedman is a mostly awful manager. .
    Aint ready to call him awful yet, but limited seems to fit the bill seeing as we have just rolled out the same method that brought us nothing from the last 8 games of last season.

You have to wonder whether Freedman is another manager allowing himself to be consumed by "all things Forest" at the expense of on pitch matters. His one man crusade isn't consistent with his claim to be "just the coach" & its evidently got in the way of devising an alternative playing option for this season.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Aint ready to call him awful yet, but limited seems to fit the bill seeing as we have just rolled out the same method that brought us nothing from the last 8 games of last season.

You have to wonder whether Freedman is another manager allowing himself to be consumed by "all things Forest" at the expense of on pitch matters. His one man crusade isn't consistent with his claim to be "just the coach" & its evidently got in the way of devising an alternative playing option for this season.
    I don't think he is to be honest, I think he is just a bad manager.

I don't want him to be sacked before someone dives in, but we are playing like his terrible Bolton side. It is the same as they and is played under him last season.
    Kick and rush

His palace side just gave the ball to zaha and here he seems to be trying to recreate that with Antonio

Launch it to him, hope something happens

I hope he learns from it, I really do because I'd love him to be a success because it means nffc is a success

Sadly I think he is just a bad manager. Thought that before he came here, seen nothing to change that so far.
    But I want him to have the time to prove me wrong

I don't think he is to be honest, I think he is just a bad manager.

I don't want him to be sacked before someone dives in, but we are playing like his terrible Bolton side. It is the same as they and is played under him last season.
    Kick and rush

His palace side just gave the ball to zaha and here he seems to be trying to recreate that with Antonio

Launch it to him, hope something happens

I hope he learns from it, I really do because I'd love him to be a success because it means nffc is a success

Sadly I think he is just a bad manager. Thought that before he came here, seen nothing to change that so far.
    But I want him to have the time to prove me wrong
    He won't be given the time to learn from it and adapt.

He'll be gone by Xmas.

Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawn View Post
    He'll be gone by Xmas.

Meh
    If things carry on like tonight he won't see November.

Freedman has the expectations of the numpties who thought 7th was poor to deal with, the backlash from those who thought Pearce was hard done too to deal with, the Fawazness of Fawaz to deal with, and a shite set of circumstances such as an umbongo to deal with it all from.

With all that there's no way he can continue like this for long. It's an extension of last season and that's no secret.

Pearce was one of the few men who could not live up to the high standard of results and football set by his long term predecessor and get away with it because of his stature and long term vision for the overall club. By swatting that off Fawaz has left his new manager open to so much flak it's unreal.

This is all hindsight of course and none of us saw it coming though.

And seeing as we're currently 12 places off safety, we've a long way to go.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 07-08-15 at 23:43.

I think he set the precedence when he sacked O'Driscoll in 7th and then saw us plummet down the league. Its got progressively worse since then.

What are we on now, backwards 4 places every year?

Massive Member

Bring back billeh!!!!!

Oh my God! F*ckwits abound already ;0)

Fucking hell you lot are pathetic

bit early to be calling for his head

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

I see incapable hulk is going to be this year Randy Eid.

Massive Member

Funny how the people posting ridiculous things are the first to complain when our owner decides to sack someone

Best served cold

Default well done chris hughton

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    I see incapable hulk is going to be this year Randy Eid.
    Not really

As I recall you were the one claiming Pearce needed to be sacked because he had us in a relegation battle.

Just as Randy Eid did...does that make you a poor mans Randy Eid?

Some of us are happy to give managers time, and accept the bad with the good - even if we don't think those managers are very good.

I'm not sure why people can't grasp that it is possible to think a manager is poor, but be willing to give him time, hope he develops and not want him replaced?

I think the club needs to stick with him for at least this season and probably longer to give him time to learn and adapt.

You won't, just as you haven't with previous managers. First hint of a bumpy patch and you will be calling for him to be sacked.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 08-08-15 at 08:13.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Funny how the people posting ridiculous things are the first to complain when our owner decides to sack someone
    I don't understand this logic.

People can't criticise or express and opinion without wanting someone sacked?

It makes zero sense.

Massive Member

I don't understand this logic.

People can't criticise or express and opinion without wanting someone sacked?

It makes zero sense.
    It wasn't aimed at you.

Generally those I've seen moaning on here ridiculously early on, are the first to have a pop at the owner when he sacks a manager prematurely

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Maybe we should have a mirror forum with the same threads but only postive stuff in one and reality in the other.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    It wasn't aimed at you.

Generally those I've seen moaning on here ridiculously early on, are the first to have a pop at the owner when he sacks a manager prematurely
    No worries fella, it was more of a general thing.

I have seen in other threads that any criticism of the manager or tactics is taken as people wanting the manager out, when it is genuinely not the case.

The moaning was justified last night even though it was just the first game of the season.

These threads are places for people to let off steam or float opinions, and would be very boring if the only view "that was just the first game, don't worry about it"

If anybody needs a striker, it's Brighton. If they still had Ulloa it would have been 5-0. At half time.

Samuel

Not really

As I recall you were the one claiming Pearce needed to be sacked because he had us in a relegation battle.

Just as Randy Eid did...does that make you a poor mans Randy Eid?

Some of us are happy to give managers time, and accept the bad with the good - even if we don't think those managers are very good.

I'm not sure why people can't grasp that it is possible to think a manager is poor, but be willing to give him time, hope he develops and not want him replaced?

I think the club needs to stick with him for at least this season and probably longer to give him time to learn and adapt.

You won't, just as you haven't with previous managers. First hint of a bumpy patch and you will be calling for him to be sacked.
    Can I double like this?

To be fair I think just about everybody on this forum had realistic expectations for this season.....mid table mediocrity with signs that were at last going forwards as a club, together with glimpses of football and the odd result that gave people a little hope for the seasons ahead of us.
    Unfortunately, not even through a pair of rose tinted Harry Potter glasses could I see much last night to suggest that this season is going to be another huge disappointment, and that Freedman seemingly has the ability to hammer nails into his own coffin. We have enough fit players at this club to do better than that. Even if we had lost, a half decent performance would have been a platform to build on...to at least get some positive feelings running through the club.
    Let's not fool ourselves, that was a woeful 'team' performance, Dougie Freedman talks a good game and says the right things but it produced the square root of fuck all last night.