Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The hunter becomes the...

Default Re: The hunter becomes the...

I don't see it as too much of an issue personally. How it's made such big news is beyond me! The fact that a certain section of football supporters appear to genuinely believe, that a ram was hunted as a wind up to our local rivals, it shows how over thought things are in football now if you ask me!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Left Winger

Boom Boom!

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post
    Meat eaters like yourself (assuming you are a meat eater of course)
    That was a rather rash assumption to base a long rant on.

‘This at bottom is the wish and prayer of all human hearts, everywhere and at all times: “Give me a leader, a true leader, not a false sham-leader; a true leader, that he may guide me on the true way.”’

- Thomas Carlyle

It's barely even a fecking derby ram in the photo. Fawaz is a keen hunter so he's bound to have killed a ram of some kind. On the debate whether he has caused offence it's obviously nonsense whether it's right or wrong to hunt is a debate for a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    On the debate whether he has caused offence it's obviously nonsense
    Sure... nobody is offended by hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Sure... nobody is offended by hunting.
    I was more on about the fact that derby fans are offended because it was a ram not because he actually hunted. As I said whether hunting is right or wrong is a different debate.

Things I do know is that animals kill each other all the time but because we all know they are stupid and not at the same level as humans we tolerate it. Also as humans we judge what animals deserve to die more than others everyday my personal favourite is animal activists protesting pilot whale hunting for food whilst they chomp down the endangered Atlantic cod in their fish and chips.

Also the notion that chimps should have human rights are laughable when they are regularly involved in cannibalistic behaviour. The hypocrisy of it all is mad.

In fairness I don't like sport hunting that Fawaz involves himself with my only morals is that we should hunt for food, and any animal is fair game as long as it's not endangered.

Last edited by EmmersonForest4; 04-08-15 at 22:48.

I was more on about the fact that derby fans are offended because it was a ram not because he actually hunted.
    If you find hunting offensive, which many do, obviously, the fact that he used such a sadistic practice to taunt fans of a rival football team only adds to the offence. It trivialises the death of the animal (as if hunting for sport didn't do that enough already). If Mel Morris went out chopping down trees just to taunt Forest fans, you'd not find the wanton destruction for the sake of a football rivalry just a little bit crass and tasteless?

Also the notion that chimps should have human rights is laughable
    Where on earth do you get this stuff? Was this in the last UKIP pamphlet?

No hope for me, I'm not proud but I have kicked the s*it out of humans in my past. Where doe's this place me on the evil b*stard scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    No hope for me, I'm not proud but I have kicked the s*it out of humans in my past. Where doe's this place me on the evil b*stard scale?
    Probably about the middle, because even the most well intentioned buy products that irreversibly rape the land and commit children to slavery.

Opting out of eating meat is definitely a big step in not being a bastard. My freezer is an embarrassment of meaty riches.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    If you did it for sport and the other person wanted it as well theres no problem, equally if you ate what you beat then i suppose its ok. If you just went round randomly beating folk then your probably a bastard.

If you find hunting offensive, which many do, obviously, the fact that he used such a sadistic practice to taunt fans of a rival football team only adds to the offence. It trivialises the death of the animal (as if hunting for sport didn't do that enough already). If Mel Morris went out chopping down trees just to taunt Forest fans, you'd not find the wanton destruction for the sake of a football rivalry just a little bit crass and tasteless?

I admit if you don't like hunting you would find offence. My point is that some Derby fans don't find the fact that's it's been hunted is offensive but because it's a Ram which in my opinion is nonsense.

Where on earth do you get this stuff? Was this in the last UKIP pamphlet?
    The other stuff was my critique of animal rights campaigners who play god just as much as hunters and are extremely hypocritical. Just type in penn and teller bulls##t on YouTube and watch the PETA episode they are a bunch of nutters.

I find hunting for sport offensive as well mate I like you think it's sadistic so I don't know where all this UKIP jibes come from I couldn't disagree with them anymore on this issue.

The other stuff was my critique of animal rights campaigners who play god just as much as hunters and are extremely hypocritical. Just type in penn and teller bulls##t on YouTube and watch the PETA episode they are a bunch of nutters.

I find hunting for sport offensive as well mate I like you think it's sadistic so I don't know where all this UKIP jibes come from I couldn't disagree with them anymore on this issue.
    Ok, the UKIP remark was a bit harsh, I apologise / blame alcohol. The thing about chimps just seemed random and irrelevant. It's very easy to turn animal rights supporters into strawmen, but you don't have to be a chimp rights nutter, or even a member of PETA, to be offended by hunting. You just have to believe that a living animal is a better thing than a dead one. This isn't some convoluted political correctness case where somebody has used a word they didn't know also meant something else and somebody who had nothing to do with the original comment has got involved. A lot of people who are not nutters have strong feelings about hunting and feel genuine offence when twonks like Fawaz treat it as a joke - and it's not helpful to pretend otherwise. To say that what Fawaz did was not offensive is like saying that Scousers are not offended by The Sun.

There's nothing like a good sweeping generalisation based on two YouTubers.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    I don't see it as too much of an issue personally. How it's made such big news is beyond me! The fact that a certain section of football supporters appear to genuinely believe, that a ram was hunted as a wind up to our local rivals, it shows how over thought things are in football now if you ask me!
    I agree with this. It took the twisted and toxic world view of sections of the UK press to turn this into an issue. If it was meant as a wind up I'd have hoped he'd have made it far less vague, and not then apologised.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Has he apologised?

It's all about mid-table...

Let's face facts folks - Fawaz is as thick as a Butcher Block. No doubt about it, he's DENSE.

Banned

Has he apologised?
    I seriously hope not. He has shot some animals, not people. So he's upset some Derby fans by posing with a shot ram, a Ram is a far better trophy than a sheep, maybe the fans who are complaining are those who spend their lives waiting to be offended.

When a picture appears of Fawaz surrounded by a dozen deer, one would suggest that he was not likely to have been hunting for his dinner.

Also, regardless of the animal involved, the timing of his instagram post was utterly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Let's face facts folks - Fawaz is as thick as a Butcher Block. No doubt about it, he's DENSE.
    Thick as fucking mince.

Why does anyone think human life is more valuable than the lives of other animals?

Dog eat dog eat anything

Banned

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33818391

Conservation Issues alongside hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    It's a point I'd never really considered before, but when you look at the guys track record of decision making it all makes sense when you realise that he is just a bit simple.

Wasn't he given all his cash by the family? Doesn't make him a good business man and indeed his actions to date do indicate he's a bit of an imbecile.