Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ticket Prices 2015/16

Default Re: Ticket Prices 2015/16

I think so. It's a bit crazy here at times but it's so much more relaxed. It's barely ever properly cold ( rainy, but not what we'd call cold) and really I couldn't recommend making the leap more. Also, the trains work and are fairly cheap. You can spend €70 on a high speed train and be in florence in a couple of hours.

The only things I miss are family, friends and the city ground. But as it's only a 2hr flight it's easier to get home then it would be if I was catching a train from London.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    I think so. It's a bit crazy here at times but it's so much more relaxed. It's barely ever properly cold ( rainy, but not what we'd call cold) and really I couldn't recommend making the leap more. Also, the trains work and are fairly cheap. You can spend €70 on a high speed train and be in florence in a couple of hours.

The only things I miss are family, friends and the city ground. But as it's only a 2hr flight it's easier to get home then it would be if I was catching a train from London.
    Been pissing down here on and off. Not very warm either.Good luck with it. Sounds brilliant anyway.

Cheers chap. I'm having a blast so far. If you get the opportunity, I say do it.

Footy's a load cheaper too.

the Kiwi in Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    Footy's a load cheaper too.

Same here. A-League season ticket for Melbourne City FC: adult 115 quid, child (under 16) 23 quid! Yes that's a season ticket, and the A-League is fast improving. Recent pre-season score: Manchester City 1, Melbourne City 0.

By the way, last week there were 99,570 of us inside the MCG to see Real Madrid stuff Manchester City 4-1. Great seats to see Bale, Ronaldo etc 50 quid for me, 38 quid for my son.

I have no idea how fans afford it in Britain now.

I also think of it in terms of gig prices, but as all my favourite artistes are dead, there's not much else to spend my money on.

Paid £58 per ticket to see Dave Chapelle earlier this month. Roughly the same to see Bill Burr the year before.

Watching stand-up comedians nowadays is no laughing matter either.

They'd soon have to start lowering prices if people didn't go. They'd have to think of ways to entice the fans back and more attractive ticket deals would be one of the first things. The simple answer is: DON'T GO! Unfortunately, it's easier said than done because it hurts to turn your back on your football club, and that's why they can get away with it. It's emotional blackmail.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by hannahd View Post
    They'd soon have to start lowering prices if people didn't go. They'd have to think of ways to entice the fans back and more attractive ticket deals would be one of the first things. The simple answer is: DON'T GO! Unfortunately, it's easier said than done because it hurts to turn your back on your football club, and that's why they can get away with it. It's emotional blackmail.
    im in that boat, still not handed my money over for a ST for the first time since 1988... even now im feeling guilty

Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    I always think of it in terms of gig prices.

For the price of a Forest ticket I can see Slaves and Indiana. I know what I'd rather do.
    I also think about it this way.

For an extra 10a I've paid to go to the NFL opening day game at the Falcons.

For $30 I'm going to see the Braves, where I get a free New Era cap, a free drink and a free cup. As well as seats in outfield next to the ball pen.

I guess it comes down to priorities. Are there other things you consider better value for money? For me, Saturday afternoons have been really boring this summer. I don't do anything else but go to football. Forest are very important, but to other people, it's not the be-all and end-all, and these are the fans the club cannot afford to take for granted.

Last edited by hannahd; 30-07-15 at 10:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    im in that boat, still not handed my money over for a ST for the first time since 1988... even now im feeling guilty
    No need to feel guilty. I know we're shit and everything, but we're hardly a charity.

No fucker at the club felt guilty for having half of last season off without telling us.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Maybe guiltys the wrong word more miffed about it all.

Wandering around the CG

The gig comparison is an interesting one, but I don't think it's quite comparable. Do people really go to a gig every week for 9 months of the year?
    No, they don't. It's not the same kind of routine expenditure as following a Football team, same can be said about the theatre.
    I'm sure they are trying to repackage Football like this but it goes against the tradition of Football supporters and the games are too frequent for the average person to afford the increases.
    The only way it could work with these sustained increases is making the league's smaller with less games.

Samuel

At one point I was going to as many gigs as home games.

Those were the days.

Indeed.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    At one point I was going to as many gigs as home games.

Those were the days.
    Are we talking £30 gigs here Sam, or the £4 Johnny Fisher & The Fishtones type gigs at The Maze?

Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgford_71 View Post
    Are we talking £30 gigs here Sam, or the £4 Johnny Fisher & The Fishtones type gigs at The Maze?
    From the Maze, to the Bodega, the Arena and everything in between.

I always felt guilty whenever I didn't go when I was still in Nottingham. Then I kept going abroad so going to Forest wasn't an option. It helped me get over it. These days I feel more guilty when I do go.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    These days I feel more guilty when I do go.

Attendance: 5,237

£20 for a ticket before booking fees.
    ...in a competition we appeared to give up on twenty years ago.
    ...our best player inevitably spent most of the match on the bench.
    ...against a side we haven't now beaten in twelve meetings.

Time for a rethink. The Second Round (when we didn't have to play in the First Round) home matches used to be free to season tickets holders.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Attendance: 5,237

£20 for a ticket before booking fees.
    ...in a competition we appeared to give up on twenty years ago.
    ...our best player inevitably spent most of the match on the bench.
    ...against a side we haven't now beaten in twelve meetings.

Time for a rethink. The Second Round (when we didn't have to play in the First Round) home matches used to be free to season tickets holders.

Tonight's attendance was Forest's lowest home crowd since:
    3,102 - Football League Trophy - September 2007 - Round 1 - Peterborough United 2 – 3 (Chambers 33, 49)

Lowest in a major domestic competition since:
    5,050 - League Cup 1st Round - 23 August 2005 - Macclesfield Town - 2 – 3 (Breckin 9, 83)

Lowest as a second tier club since:
    5,015 - League Cup 2nd Round 1st Leg - 15 September 1999 - Bristol City2-1 (Harewood, Rogers)
    Well thats cheered me up

Damn it. You were too quick.

4,639 v Bradford League Cup - 12 August 2009 - Round One - Bradford City - 3–0 (Anderson 47, Blackstock 60, McGugan 82)

Missed that one. Still tonight's attendance looks like it was down there in the lowest five this century.

I'm glad people stayed away. It's always the same argument that if people go, it isn't too expensive. Well tonight they didn't go.

Left Winger

Damn it. You were too quick.

4,639 v Bradford League Cup 2009 - 12 August 2009 - Round One - Bradford City - 3–0 (Anderson 47, Blackstock 60, McGugan 82)

Missed that one.

I'm glad people stayed away. It's always the same argument that if people go, it isn't too expensive. Well tonight they didn't go.
    I went tonight and also to that Bradford game.

I love the League Cup and it annoys me that the club charge full whack and don't take it seriously when it comes to putting a team out.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"