Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticket Prices 2015/16

Default Ticket Prices 2015/16

So, they've released the information for general sale tickets today and it's pretty disgusting.

For Rotherham, the first home game of the Championship they are charging £30 for advance tickets and £32 for matchday.
    For Walsall, they are charging £20 for non-season ticket holders.
    So, the club website says that a season ticket works out at less than £20 a fixture.
    Season Tickets obviously have to cost less than normal tickets to sell and you pay your money in advance to the club which is all fine.

Why is there then, a full £10 difference between having a season ticket and not having one? You might wonder why i'm nitpicking over £10. I don't have a lot of money to spend, yet I want to support my club whenever I possibly can. Each shirt costs £45 as well, which considering Forest make more profit as they don't share with Kitbag is still a disgrace.

If Forest sell 8000 general tickets at £30, they make £240,000.
    If they lowered the price to say £26 which would be reasonable, they'd only need to sell roughly an extra 1400 tickets to make the same amount.

If Forest sold tickets at £26, it would still be around £138 less expensive to buy a season ticket.

What does everyone else think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Ticket Prices 2015/16

At least we're not Sheffield Wednesday. http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/ind...fficial/page-1

True Herman, but it doesn't really matter what other clubs are doing. I don't see how when we're expecting less from the season, can the club honestly think a price hike in tickets is justified.

It's a shame and as I just said in another thread, I would not be paying £30 to watch Forest v Rotherham in Division 2.

The thing is, a fair few people do pay it. To me though, the 'product' is not of sufficient quality to justify prices going UP. The quality at Forest has been going down, whilst wages and expenditure has been skyrocketing. I'm sure I'd be delighted at watching this poor football if it was bringing success, but it's not and the constant chasing of tails and not learning from past mistakes means last season, especially towards the end, we coupled poor results with football as bad as anything I saw in the League 1 days.

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    It's a shame and as I just said in another thread, I would not be paying £30 to watch Forest v Rotherham in Division 2.

The thing is, a fair few people do pay it. To me though, the 'product' is not of sufficient quality to justify prices going UP. The quality at Forest has been going down, whilst wages and expenditure has been skyrocketing. I'm sure I'd be delighted at watching this poor football if it was bringing success, but it's not and the constant chasing of tails and not learning from past mistakes means last season, especially towards the end, we coupled poor results with football as bad as anything I saw in the League 1 days.
    Agree, if we was perhaps in the Sheeps position and we were really going for it, I could understand it. I looked at some tickets i had of the 09/10 and 10/11 seasons, adult tickets were like £24/£26 and we was fighting for promotion lol.

I said I will pick and choose my games this year. At those prices, I will pick very carefully!

Left Winger

Default Ticket Prices 2015/16

My season ticket works out at £20.09 per match (23 home games).

That's enough to pay for second division football.

That the club are expecting casual punters to pay £32 is, for me, a move in the wrong direction.

But it's endemic of football in this country. Everyone involved, clubs, players and agents, are just about personal greed and fuck the matchday supporter.

I travel to Germany on business and I can get a ticket for VfB Stuttgart of the Bundesliga - Germany's top flight, and a quality league - for €15 (£12).

If Germany can do it, and have a very entertaining league, why cannot the same be done in the UK?

It just takes the piss. And the clubs know, supporters want to watch "their" club, so won't go elsewhere.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Fuck me who is Fawaz listening to in terms of running the club?

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Nobody, clearly.

Every other football league club I'd imagine

Except Charlton.

Didn't mean it as an excuse, I meant it as a sad reflection where second division football is in this country.

As well as being more affordable all season, Charlton are charging £10 for their home friendly with West Ham on the same day Forest are charging £15 for a friendly with Swansea. Relatively at least, they appear to be a good club that don't try to squeeze every last drop out of their fans.

It takes one brave club to set the tone for the rest but it seems like they are trying to increase revenue in the wrong ways. Kitbag aren't taking a percentage of club merchandise anymore. Adidas manufacture costs are very low as it's a basic template anyone, not even a bespoke design. So the club is making a higher percentage from shirts.

Then, in order to watch Forest play which is the most important part, they have increased the price but then the expectation is that Forest won't make even the playoffs. So, it begs the question, why pay more for less?

I said it in the original post, if Forest charged say a fiver less per ticket for general sale, £25 would be a reasonable number. That fiver difference would be offset by the more people that could afford to come to the City Ground to watch us play once you get past a number. More people in seats, more atmosphere. More atmosphere, the better the club looks. The more fans enjoying being fans means more food/drink consumed on matchday, more merchandise/programmes get bought and so on and so on.

You don't have to charge lots to make lots. Forest still have a very large fanbase and with the right prices, Forest could hit 20-25k minimum for every home match.

Wandering around the CG

Impressive way to celebrate 150 years

They've shot themselves in the foot here, anything other than pushing for promotion and the casual fans will stay away. I fear some loyal fans won't be attending as much either.

Seeing as Rotherham is the first home game I'll cough up £30 but it's safe to say the dull midweek games will be crossed off the calender and some Saturday games.

Could understand a club like derby charging these sort of matchday prices this season as they've almost sold the allocation of season tickets and will be near to full capacity most games.
    We on the other hand will have a sea of empty red seats to look at.
    Cheaper tickets equal more bums in seats. Simple really.

Scandalous... Although it seems I wont be obscuring so many views with my bedsheets.

I believe I suggested some time ago that season ticket prices were too high and therefore this is taking the pee. Reduce ticket prices and get more people in, swings and roundabouts. ( In the car park for something to do rather than watch the tripe that will be served up on the pitch, maybe.)

Left Winger

Forest should be ashamed of themselves with these prices.

Their own stupidity running the club has gotten them into an FFP embargo, and now they expect the matchday supporter to carry the cost of bailing them out.

Disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    Every other football league club I'd imagine

There aren't many which has thrown 3 seasons on the bounce away so needlessly though, and who need to rebuild fan faith as much.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

An old boys club these football clubs and we do nothing but unveil the odd AMF flag

tel - 0898 12 11 74

Thirty quid to watch a Steve Evans team, what the hell is going on? I doubt I'll bother at all at these prices we'll struggle to get 20k through the gate

Last edited by football post; 17-07-15 at 22:18.

The industry and the clubs within it are taking an attitude (a logical one at corporate level) of they have an opportunity to charge x, y and z and still make the sales. If the market will pay they will charge it.

Some clubs around seem to be making some efforts to buck the trend a little and give their fans more reasonable prices. How I wish it was a more general thing!

Who cares Anyway...?

Jim Price.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rigler View Post
    Jim Price.....

Them were the days Rigler.