Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Matt Mills | Forest Player

Default Re: Matt Mills | Forest Player

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    I've never really understood the whole Fox-hunting thing. I appreciate he hasn't been the most consistent of defenders and is unlikely to become a fans' favourite but I rate him as a centre back.

He has progressed and he's proving that he's a dependable asset to our defence.

I was going to say something quite significant but I've forgotten now.
    His problem is that he’s used at left back (because we haven’t got one) and doesn’t get a consistent run at CB beccause we’ve got so many of them. He’s also prone to an awful mistake which is something that shouldn’t happen that often with his experience.. To be fair to him considering he’s put in some of the worst performances I’ve seen from a forest player over the last 5 years he’s done pretty well to pull himself back from the brink at the club. Think that says more about his attitude than anything else.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    His problem is that he’s used at left back (because we haven’t got one) and doesn’t get a consistent run at CB beccause we’ve got so many of them. He’s also prone to an awful mistake which is something that shouldn’t happen that often with his experience.. To be fair to him considering he’s put in some of the worst performances I’ve seen from a forest player over the last 5 years he’s done pretty well to pull himself back from the brink at the club. Think that says more about his attitude than anything else.
    He supposedly is a bloody left back!

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    Even Wes Morgan played some blinders, it's the nature of the beast but you're right in that the fact that he's still here and playing and starting is a real credit to him.

Who actually was the last round-holed Left Back to play for us on a regular basis?

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

Even Wes Morgan played some blinders, it's the nature of the beast but you're right in that the fact that he's still here and playing and starting is a real credit to him.

Who actually was the last round-holed Left Back to play for us on a regular basis?
    Danny Fox, he just isn't very good.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Part of the dressing room mafia that the club needs ridding of, use him whilst it suits us then fuck him off.
    #itk?

Left Winger

Ryan Bertrand, who we had on a half season loan?

Wonder what happened to him...

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post

Really? Bloody hell. That's like errr years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post

DANNY FOX IS A LEFT BACK!!!!!!!!!

Have you all got me on ignore again?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    #itk?
    #toomanyshitperformancesandoverhitpassestobeacoinc idence.

Until Cohen had his injuries I thought he was going to be our answer to left back. Gave some real good performances there imo

Played for the 23s today

Mills tries to find Clough through the middle but his pass his too short and well cut-out,

A breakdown of communication there as Mills tries to pass it five-yards to Gabriel and it goes straight out of play. That wasn’t great in truth.

Mills goes in late on the Crewe goalscorer just inside the centre circle, gets a telling off but no booking.

That looked like a tackle of frustration.

Needs to be highlighted.

Watched this at half time.

Pretty sure Mills hit him with a wayward shot during the half time kickabout.

Still dealt with it well though.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Watched this at half time.

Pretty sure Mills hit him with a wayward shot during the half time kickabout.

Still dealt with it well though.
    Was it agogo that nearly decapitated a disabled fan in the lower trent when he belted a ball into the fans when warming up?

He handled thay well if i remember bu buying them loads of gifta and taking them as a vip to a game.

I thought he got hit with the ball from a wayward Mills clearance

Red til I'm dead

I heard Mills was practising his long, classy diag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to be a bit of a bell at times but I remember when he was at Donny and we went there and lost 1-0. Brett Ormerod slipped into him and broke something (cheekbone?) Play carried on but Mills stayed with Ormerod and was berating the physio for not getting on. Also sending their keeper to get the refs attention.

There's a good bloke in there, not the kind of footballer we need here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Needs to be highlighted.

Without wanting to sound too cynical, I'm pretty sure 90% of people would come to the aid of a elderly person who had fallen down. Giving away a top is a nice touch on the face of it (assuming he actually even paid for it) but it's the equivalent of a normal, working person handing over something worth 50 pence.

It's pretty much the lest he could do, but at least he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    Without wanting to sound too cynical, I'm pretty sure 90% of people would come to the aid of a elderly person who had fallen down. Giving away a top is a nice touch on the face of it (assuming he actually even paid for it) but it's the equivalent of a normal, working person handing over something worth 50 pence.

It's pretty much the lest he could do, but at least he did it.
    Yes, sounding too cynical for me.
    The man does a nice thing and gets criticised for it. He's not a politician. Doesn't matter whether we'd have done the same or not. He helped someone in need, and later did something thoughtful for him when nobody would've even noticed if he'd done nothing further than help the old chap up. Considering the flak he's come in for from us fans fair play to the bloke. Can look a dick on the pitch at times, but there's obviously a good'un underneath it all.

Heard a few boos last night when he came on ? A bit unfortunate unless I heard things and that is coming from someone who has never been his biggest fan.

If Traore is back do we think we will play 3 CB's due to Cardiff's size and set-piece threat ?

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Fair play to MM last night; he slotted in well when he came on.

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Heard a few boos last night when he came on ?
    Really? Can anyone else confirm this?

Bit surprising. I know he isn't exactly everyone's favourite player but can't see what he's done to be worthy of booing.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Really? Can anyone else confirm this?

Bit surprising. I know he isn't exactly everyone's favourite player but can't see what he's done to be worthy of booing.
    I didnt hear any.... but then i was surrounded by students who must have had 8pm as the kick off time printed on their tickets.... pricks

A few grumble in TEU but nothing special. Not his biggest fan but he wears our shirt and was decent when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Fair play to MM last night; he slotted in well when he came on.
    Was shitting myself when he went down injured.

If he got injured our only fit defenders were Mills, Worrall & Lichaj. We are very close to being very light at the back.