Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geoff Hurst

    23 41.07%
  • Onions

    33 58.93%
Page 1 of 452 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 11286
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,613

    Default The Big BREXIT discussion!

    A subject worthy of its thread ? Especially as it is going to affect us all one way or another.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eform-bid.html.

    Although I'm sceptical about the intentions of Camaron, it does appear he is taking his promise seriously. At the moment no surprises, I'm firmly in the Out Camp.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,513

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    I'm firmly in the Out Camp.
    Yep. Me too.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    In.

    Partly because I'd like to keep many of our ex-pats out

    Last edited by rogerthecat; 29-05-15 at 14:04.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    10,282

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    In.

    It has to worth our while to have the benefits of trade agreements etc, over the expense of the political bureaucracy. If we could have more of the first and less of the second that would be much more sensible, but the EU has become a gravy train for some (the sorts who couldn't get a job with FIFA). We're already paying for enough wasters within our own governments and councils without having to stump up for Brussels too.

    It will be a considerable challenge for the In/Yes campaign to explain the benefits in a way which enough voters will understand.


  6. #5
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    39,499

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    I think for many it will down to what DC negotiates. I'm verging on staying but it depends how the question is put and what the consequences are.

    I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    I just hope it's a reasoned debate. If it turns into xenophobia we are fucked.


  8. #7
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    39,499

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Yep. A lot will vote out "cos foreigners and immigration" let alone all the usual gumph about taking our jobs.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Hand ShAndy! View Post
    Yep. A lot will vote out "cos foreigners and immigration" let alone all the usual gumph about taking our jobs.
    I'd let 16 year olds vote. It's their future.

    Debatable whether I'd let pensioners vote. They're unlikely to have to live with their decision for too long and all the 80 year olds I know make Chubby Brown sound like Jeremy Hardy.


  10. #9
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    39,499

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    I'd let 16 year olds vote. It's their future.

    Debatable whether I'd let pensioners vote. They're unlikely to have to live with their decision for too long and all the 80 year olds I know make Chubby Brown sound like Jeremy Hardy.
    Yep, to both. The trouble is a lot of people have no idea about or intention to understand politics. My OH couldn't give a fuck, like most, till she met me and I rubbed of on her


  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,613

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/580...hopes-in-ruins.

    Good start then David, going Poland asking to support Migrant Benefits is like asking a turkey to vote for Christmas. Especially as they have a considerable number of their nationals working in the UK.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    13,793

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    I reckon this thread is gagging for a poll!
    At the moment I am undecided.
    On the one hand I can see the trade related benefits of being in (although as we are not part of the Euro exchange gains and losses add to the fun and games of trade).
    On the other hand I think that the admission of so many weak economy countries brings great strains onto the stronger economy countries.
    The other massive negative of membership is that I cannot understand how there is so little accountability on the part of the Communities MEPs.
    How many years is it since audited accounts were filed, without Auditors adverse comments?
    The only worse organisation in terms of corruption, lack of compliance and poor/non-existent accountability is Sepp Blatter's FIFA organisation.


  13. #12

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I reckon this thread is gagging for a poll!
    I've added one. Stuck with the official question, but instead of swaying the vote with a Yes/No, positive/negative choice, I've used two neutral words to represent the options. I'll trust our informed polling demographic to deduce which is which.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,513

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    On the other hand I think that the admission of so many weak economy countries brings great strains onto the stronger economy countries.
    And even greater strains on the weaker economies.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,513

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I've added one. Stuck with the official question, but instead of swaying the vote with a Yes/No, positive/negative choice, I've used two neutral words to represent the options. I'll trust our informed polling demographic to deduce which is which.
    You've already done that joke on Flagman's Facebook. Poor.


  16. #15

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Lichaj of the Tiger View Post
    You've already done that joke on Flagman's Facebook. Poor.
    I thought it deserved a bigger audience than Flagman and his seven Facebook friends.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    7,084

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Obviously out it's a beaureucratic disgrace.

    -Unelected powerful beaureucrats who earn more money then the American president.
    -Havent signed the accounts off for ten years
    -EU Commision want an EU army
    -Huge expenses that dwarf any uk politicians (there is a scandal in the making here)
    -EU treaties without referenda (it's not up to politicians to determine where our sovereignty lies)
    -The biggest part of the budget is spent on agriculture
    -Britain loses 25 million a day to Brussels
    -Britain is thought of as a nasty place even though we take in loads of economic migrants and give out so much money to the world and the EU.
    -Were not in the Eurozone

    I could go on and on from competiveness issues to fishing and the awful support for a Ukrainian putsch which Cameron went along with as well.

    The only question you should ask yourselves is, is it reformable? Because in it's current state I find shocking you can support it only reform makes it palatable.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/580...hopes-in-ruins.

    Good start then David, going Poland asking to support Migrant Benefits is like asking a turkey to vote for Christmas. Especially as they have a considerable number of their nationals working in the UK.
    I'd imagine most migrant Poles are in favour of the measures. They don't want their hard earned taxes funding career UK doleys anymore than I do.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The prettier side of the Erewash
    Posts
    14,898

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Obviously out it's a beaureucratic disgrace.

    -Unelected powerful beaureucrats who earn more money then the American president.
    -Havent signed the accounts off for ten years
    -EU Commision want an EU army
    -Huge expenses that dwarf any uk politicians (there is a scandal in the making here)
    -EU treaties without referenda (it's not up to politicians to determine where our sovereignty lies)
    -The biggest part of the budget is spent on agriculture
    -Britain loses 25 million a day to Brussels
    -Britain is thought of as a nasty place even though we take in loads of economic migrants and give out so much money to the world and the EU.
    -Were not in the Eurozone

    I could go on and on from competiveness issues to fishing and the awful support for a Ukrainian putsch which Cameron went along with as well.

    The only question you should ask yourselves is, is it reformable? Because in it's current state I find shocking you can support it only reform makes it palatable.
    I was on the fence, but you've helped to convince me...


    I'm in.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Obviously out it's a beaureucratic disgrace.

    -Unelected powerful beaureucrats who earn more money then the American president.
    -Havent signed the accounts off for ten years
    -EU Commision want an EU army
    -Huge expenses that dwarf any uk politicians (there is a scandal in the making here)
    -EU treaties without referenda (it's not up to politicians to determine where our sovereignty lies)
    -The biggest part of the budget is spent on agriculture
    -Britain loses 25 million a day to Brussels
    -Britain is thought of as a nasty place even though we take in loads of economic migrants and give out so much money to the world and the EU.
    -Were not in the Eurozone

    I could go on and on from competiveness issues to fishing and the awful support for a Ukrainian putsch which Cameron went along with as well.

    The only question you should ask yourselves is, is it reformable? Because in it's current state I find shocking you can support it only reform makes it palatable.
    It's a good job that the UK system is a paragon of ethicality and democratic purity otherwise we'd be returning powers to something that's a bag of shit with unelected Government Houses, non-accountable quangos and a ridiculously powerful and self interested Establishment with Monarchical patronage as its perpetuating mainstay.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    7,210

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Whatever happens, I hope the voters are educated in the system that currently exists and the potential new one. Unlike that farce of a FPTP vote.

    Though obviously it will desdend into scaremongering on one side and xenophobic nonsense on the other.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    13,793

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    Whatever happens, I hope the voters are educated in the system that currently exists and the potential new one. Unlike that farce of a FPTP vote.

    Though obviously it will desdend into scaremongering on one side and xenophobic nonsense on the other.
    I am sure that the intellectual, yet understandable information regarding the pros and cons that will accumulate on this thread will ensure that the issue remains as clear as mud and pedant bigotry will determine which way most of us finally decide to vote.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    7,084

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    It's a good job that the UK system is a paragon of ethicality and democratic purity otherwise we'd be returning powers to something that's a bag of shit with unelected Government Houses, non-accountable quangos and a ridiculously powerful and self interested Establishment with Monarchical patronage as its perpetuating mainstay.
    You obviously think the EU is reformable and just like the UK the lack of accountability and democracy must make you feel sick?


  24. #23
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    67,240

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I thought it deserved a bigger audience than Flagman and his seven Facebook friends.
    Harsh. You and me, who are the other five??

    „The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    You obviously think the EU is reformable and just like the UK the lack of accountability and democracy must make you feel sick?
    I find the EU more democratic than the UK. It's not perfect but it's better than the semi reformed feudal system we seem to be unable to change.

    And I dont mind Jerries that can run economies, they are better than the ones that sit in ermine robes in their council houses and wave.


  26. #25
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    39,499

    Default Re: EU Referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Harsh. You and me, who are the other five??
    Ohhh Facebook friends!


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •