Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geoff Hurst

    23 41.07%
  • Onions

    33 58.93%
Page 701 of 712 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711 ... LastLast
Results 17,501 to 17,525 of 17785
  1. #17501
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,411

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsy-bitsy Bonatini Yellow Polkadot Bikini View Post
    And finally, Change UK dead on arrival. Soubry will be presenting Drive Time on Radio Nottingham within a year. Turn on, tune in, drop out.
    I hope not, Radio Nottingham has gone downhill enough as it is.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #17502
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    14,693

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Wasn't difficult was it, people voted for something and want to see it happen. He has supplied the vehicle, again.

    I'm sick of listening to people like Thornberry clutching at straws. Just fuck off, we've had enough of you and your kind.
    Thing is the public see through it, I'm sure they are popular amongst their own circle though, same with plenty of them.

    There will be a Trump style shock happen here eventually.

    Last edited by Rzarecteh; 26-05-19 at 23:04.

  4. #17503

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    It’s over for Corbyn (how did he get his far?). What a strange double act he and May will seem to history.


  5. #17504
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    12,570

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    #brexit Party has done well but the share of the vote doesn't look like a stand out for leave or Remain

    As frustrating as it might be for leavers, this looks, vote share, that remain will just pip leave which just pip fudge

    We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

  6. #17505
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,411

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Thing is the public see through it, I'm sure they are popular amongst their own circle though, same with plenty of them.

    There will be a Trump style shock happen here eventually.
    Without doubt. That's what happens when you don't listen to the people and drive them into poverty and wage slavery.
    We are supposedly the fourth largest economy in the world with a chronic homeless situation, a struggling health service and all the rest of it. And people are pissed off?
    Complacent politics.
    Sick of the lot of them.


  7. #17506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    14,693

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    No idea what it's for but looks like Evangelos has won his Greek election

    https://www.fosonline.gr/plus/epikai...sykofantes-vid


  8. #17507
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,411

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    #brexit Party has done well but the share of the vote doesn't look like a stand out for leave or Remain

    As frustrating as it might be for leavers, this looks, vote share, that remain will just pip leave which just pip fudge
    It's not frustrating for leavers because this isn't a second referendum. As much as people keep talking like it means anything on the the last result, it doesn't.


  9. #17508
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,411

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Lib Dems "surging in London".

    Well, what a surprise


  10. #17509

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    #brexit Party has done well but the share of the vote doesn't look like a stand out for leave or Remain

    As frustrating as it might be for leavers, this looks, vote share, that remain will just pip leave which just pip fudge
    It doesn't look like that at all. Euro elections are always a mix of single issue (pro/anti-EU, with a slant towards anti) and party loyal votes (Labour/Tory ‘til I die) so we can weigh off the votes for pro/anti EU parties and see a one or two point lead for the pro (as it stands) but we have no way of knowing why the party loyalists are voting loyally other than out of loyalty - those voters could fall either side of the leave/remain fence in the event of a second referendum.

    What we can see clearly (so far) is that the single issue leave parties are performing better in the remain strongholds than the single issue remain parties are doing in the leave strongholds - and when speculating on EURef2 results, that’s instructive.


  11. #17510
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    12,570

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    It's not frustrating for leavers because this isn't a second referendum. As much as people keep talking like it means anything on the the last result, it doesn't.
    You're right it's not a referendum. But your wrong it doesn't mean anything. It is indicative where the political dial is today and will shape how the process continues. It will continue to frustrate the Brexit process.


  12. #17511
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    12,570

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Whatever our differences, I'm sure we'll all agree with broad approach shown by this voter




  13. #17512
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    32,550

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsy-bitsy Bonatini Yellow Polkadot Bikini View Post
    Also, as if there were any doubt, Farage is the stand out politician of the age. Love him or hate him (and who could love him?) the facts are the facts.
    No one could argue with this.

    Also, the two main parties have quite rightly got a good kicking.

    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

  14. #17513
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    32,550

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsy-bitsy Bonatini Yellow Polkadot Bikini View Post
    It’s over for Corbyn (how did he get his far?). What a strange double act he and May will seem to history.
    It’s usual for a standing government to get kicked in local and Euro elections, but surely this is the end for Corbyn.


  15. #17514
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    20,681

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    We are supposedly the fourth largest economy in the world with a chronic homeless situation, a struggling health service and all the rest of it.
    Fifth largest economy. Which is actually only around 3% of global gdp. That’s on a par with being the fifth most popular brand of Cola.


  16. #17515
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    16,880

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    No one could argue with this.

    Also, the two main parties have quite rightly got a good kicking.
    I could - then again I could (and do) argue black is white just for the sheer hell of the argument!
    Farage is not the stand out politician of the age, in my opinion.
    He is a money-grubbing opportunist barrow-boy.
    How he manages to to square the circle of decrying Europe while taking every red cent in pay, perks and pension from the European coffers by being an MEP, and the electorate still voting for him is beyond my comprehension.
    He is a charlatan; a con-man, and the public who laud him as a "great politician" are like the bulk of people who get taken by a con-man: too embarrassed to admit it.
    Farage is the King wearing the new suit of invisible clothes.
    And I am the little boy pointing the finger saying that he is naked.
    There has never been anything approaching even 50% of the UK electorate voting in the European elections, and few could name asingle one of their their MEPs.
    Few even realise that there is not a single MEP representing them, and that it is a regional representation with several MEPs being returned.
    How well has this so-called stand-out politician of the age fared in UK elections for the UK Parliament?
    He has never seen a single candidate from his UKIP or Brexit party ever get elected.
    The only UKIP MP was the chap who won his seat as a Tory and then crossed the floor.
    Farage is not the stand out politician of the age... he is a Barnum figure and should be reviled and consigned to the dustbin of history as a pompous windbag.
    That is my opinion...

    Last edited by Captain Sinister; 27-05-19 at 06:43.

  17. #17516

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Life just going around in circles.

    Nigel Farage claiming triumphant victory in European elections before inevitable failure at the general election. A member of the establishment claiming he's given the establishment a bloody nose. Tories worrying about what it means. Thought that's how we got here in the first place.


  18. #17517
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    16,880

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Fifth largest economy. Which is actually only around 3% of global gdp. That’s on a par with being the fifth most popular brand of Cola.
    ... or being 5th in the Premiership.


  19. #17518

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    No one could argue with this.

    Also, the two main parties have quite rightly got a good kicking.
    The party standing for hard Brexit and the two parties campaigning for a second referendum make huge gains.

    The two main parties, both split, significant loses.

    Great. What did we learn? Apart the general public, still split aren't ready to compromise.

    Somebody somewhere in the middle will presumably still have to find some sort of compromise to get something done.

    Or more likely, we'll continue going around in circles. Still, it'll keep the standout politician of the age in the public eye.


  20. #17519

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Without doubt. That's what happens when you don't listen to the people and drive them into poverty and wage slavery.
    We are supposedly the fourth largest economy in the world with a chronic homeless situation, a struggling health service and all the rest of it. And people are pissed off?
    Complacent politics.
    Sick of the lot of them.
    I think your focus is really admirable Bryn in this post. But I honestly think for compassionate solutions and help re: the issues you mention we'd be better off looking to the Greens and/or Corbyn and/or maybe the Lib Dems.

    I don't think right wing parties will be of any help, since right wing policies caused those issues in the first place. Farage and Boris Johnson were taking plenty of pro-Brexit votes from people believing retracted claims about investment in the NHS if we left the EU etc too.

    I'm not sure I'd say I was exactly pro-EU, but I don't think we should forget the rights being EU citizens gives either, and if the conservatives survive in power (or a right wing government replaces them) then would it be that surprising if workers and people in general end up with many less 'rights' re: living standards, dignity, employment matters than the EU membership currently gives (in theory)?


  21. #17520
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,647

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    The party standing for hard Brexit and the two parties campaigning for a second referendum make huge gains.

    The two main parties, both split, significant loses.

    Great. What did we learn? Apart the general public, still split aren't ready to compromise.

    Somebody somewhere in the middle will presumably still have to find some sort of compromise to get something done.
    The compromise in this situation won’t suit anyone. I voted remain but haven’t thought it right for a second referendum but now I think it should be put back to a straight choice of no deal Brexit or remain. I’m not sure which way it’d go either.


  22. #17521
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    7,503

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I could - then again I could (and do) argue black is white just for the sheer hell of the argument!
    Farage is not the stand out politician of the age, in my opinion.
    He is a money-grubbing opportunist barrow-boy.
    How he manages to to square the circle of decrying Europe while taking every red cent in pay, perks and pension from the European coffers by being an MEP, and the electorate still voting for him is beyond my comprehension.
    He is a charlatan; a con-man, and the public who laud him as a "great politician" are like the bulk of people who get taken by a con-man: too embarrassed to admit it.
    Farage is the King wearing the new suit of invisible clothes.
    And I am the little boy pointing the finger saying that he is naked.
    There has never been anything approaching even 50% of the UK electorate voting in the European elections, and few could name asingle one of their their MEPs.
    Few even realise that there is not a single MEP representing them, and that it is a regional representation with several MEPs being returned.
    How well has this so-called stand-out politician of the age fared in UK elections for the UK Parliament?
    He has never seen a single candidate from his UKIP or Brexit party ever get elected.
    The only UKIP MP was the chap who won his seat as a Tory and then crossed the floor.
    Farage is not the stand out politician of the age... he is a Barnum figure and should be reviled and consigned to the dustbin of history as a pompous windbag.
    That is my opinion...
    But we are talking about a place where the most popular newspaper was the Sun.

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


  23. #17522

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsy-bitsy Bonatini Yellow Polkadot Bikini View Post
    It’s over for Corbyn (how did he get his far?). What a strange double act he and May will seem to history.
    I disagree.


  24. #17523
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    7,503

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Looks like they fell for it.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/p...n-16166942.amp

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


  25. #17524
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,525

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    No idea what it's for but looks like Evangelos has won his Greek election

    https://www.fosonline.gr/plus/epikai...sykofantes-vid
    BIG TIME


  26. #17525
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    32,550

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I could - then again I could (and do) argue black is white just for the sheer hell of the argument!
    Farage is not the stand out politician of the age, in my opinion.
    He is a money-grubbing opportunist barrow-boy.
    How he manages to to square the circle of decrying Europe while taking every red cent in pay, perks and pension from the European coffers by being an MEP, and the electorate still voting for him is beyond my comprehension.
    He is a charlatan; a con-man, and the public who laud him as a "great politician" are like the bulk of people who get taken by a con-man: too embarrassed to admit it.
    Farage is the King wearing the new suit of invisible clothes.
    And I am the little boy pointing the finger saying that he is naked.
    There has never been anything approaching even 50% of the UK electorate voting in the European elections, and few could name asingle one of their their MEPs.
    Few even realise that there is not a single MEP representing them, and that it is a regional representation with several MEPs being returned.
    How well has this so-called stand-out politician of the age fared in UK elections for the UK Parliament?
    He has never seen a single candidate from his UKIP or Brexit party ever get elected.
    The only UKIP MP was the chap who won his seat as a Tory and then crossed the floor.
    Farage is not the stand out politician of the age... he is a Barnum figure and should be reviled and consigned to the dustbin of history as a pompous windbag.
    That is my opinion...
    Which politician has had a greater impact on UK politics?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •