Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geoff Hurst

23 41.07%
  • Onions

33 58.93%
Page 701 of 712 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711 ... LastLast
Results 17,501 to 17,525 of 17785
    The Foam Hand

Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Itsy-bitsy Bonatini Yellow Polkadot Bikini View Post
    And finally, Change UK dead on arrival. Soubry will be presenting Drive Time on Radio Nottingham within a year. Turn on, tune in, drop out.
    I hope not, Radio Nottingham has gone downhill enough as it is.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Wasn't difficult was it, people voted for something and want to see it happen. He has supplied the vehicle, again.

I'm sick of listening to people like Thornberry clutching at straws. Just fuck off, we've had enough of you and your kind.
    Thing is the public see through it, I'm sure they are popular amongst their own circle though, same with plenty of them.

There will be a Trump style shock happen here eventually.

Last edited by Rzarecteh; 26-05-19 at 23:04.

It’s over for Corbyn (how did he get his far?). What a strange double act he and May will seem to history.

#brexit Party has done well but the share of the vote doesn't look like a stand out for leave or Remain

As frustrating as it might be for leavers, this looks, vote share, that remain will just pip leave which just pip fudge

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Thing is the public see through it, I'm sure they are popular amongst their own circle though, same with plenty of them.

There will be a Trump style shock happen here eventually.
    Without doubt. That's what happens when you don't listen to the people and drive them into poverty and wage slavery.
    We are supposedly the fourth largest economy in the world with a chronic homeless situation, a struggling health service and all the rest of it. And people are pissed off?
    Complacent politics.
    Sick of the lot of them.

No idea what it's for but looks like Evangelos has won his Greek election

https://www.fosonline.gr/plus/epikai...sykofantes-vid

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    #brexit Party has done well but the share of the vote doesn't look like a stand out for leave or Remain

As frustrating as it might be for leavers, this looks, vote share, that remain will just pip leave which just pip fudge
    It's not frustrating for leavers because this isn't a second referendum. As much as people keep talking like it means anything on the the last result, it doesn't.

The Foam Hand

Lib Dems "surging in London".

Well, what a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post

It doesn't look like that at all. Euro elections are always a mix of single issue (pro/anti-EU, with a slant towards anti) and party loyal votes (Labour/Tory ‘til I die) so we can weigh off the votes for pro/anti EU parties and see a one or two point lead for the pro (as it stands) but we have no way of knowing why the party loyalists are voting loyally other than out of loyalty - those voters could fall either side of the leave/remain fence in the event of a second referendum.

What we can see clearly (so far) is that the single issue leave parties are performing better in the remain strongholds than the single issue remain parties are doing in the leave strongholds - and when speculating on EURef2 results, that’s instructive.

It's not frustrating for leavers because this isn't a second referendum. As much as people keep talking like it means anything on the the last result, it doesn't.
    You're right it's not a referendum. But your wrong it doesn't mean anything. It is indicative where the political dial is today and will shape how the process continues. It will continue to frustrate the Brexit process.

Whatever our differences, I'm sure we'll all agree with broad approach shown by this voter

Not that type of player

Also, as if there were any doubt, Farage is the stand out politician of the age. Love him or hate him (and who could love him?) the facts are the facts.
    No one could argue with this.

Also, the two main parties have quite rightly got a good kicking.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Not that type of player

It’s over for Corbyn (how did he get his far?). What a strange double act he and May will seem to history.
    It’s usual for a standing government to get kicked in local and Euro elections, but surely this is the end for Corbyn.

Miserable bastard

We are supposedly the fourth largest economy in the world with a chronic homeless situation, a struggling health service and all the rest of it.
    Fifth largest economy. Which is actually only around 3% of global gdp. That’s on a par with being the fifth most popular brand of Cola.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post

I could - then again I could (and do) argue black is white just for the sheer hell of the argument!
    Farage is not the stand out politician of the age, in my opinion.
    He is a money-grubbing opportunist barrow-boy.
    How he manages to to square the circle of decrying Europe while taking every red cent in pay, perks and pension from the European coffers by being an MEP, and the electorate still voting for him is beyond my comprehension.
    He is a charlatan; a con-man, and the public who laud him as a "great politician" are like the bulk of people who get taken by a con-man: too embarrassed to admit it.
    Farage is the King wearing the new suit of invisible clothes.
    And I am the little boy pointing the finger saying that he is naked.
    There has never been anything approaching even 50% of the UK electorate voting in the European elections, and few could name asingle one of their their MEPs.
    Few even realise that there is not a single MEP representing them, and that it is a regional representation with several MEPs being returned.
    How well has this so-called stand-out politician of the age fared in UK elections for the UK Parliament?
    He has never seen a single candidate from his UKIP or Brexit party ever get elected.
    The only UKIP MP was the chap who won his seat as a Tory and then crossed the floor.
    Farage is not the stand out politician of the age... he is a Barnum figure and should be reviled and consigned to the dustbin of history as a pompous windbag.
    That is my opinion...

Last edited by Captain Sinister; 27-05-19 at 06:43.

Life just going around in circles.

Nigel Farage claiming triumphant victory in European elections before inevitable failure at the general election. A member of the establishment claiming he's given the establishment a bloody nose. Tories worrying about what it means. Thought that's how we got here in the first place.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Fifth largest economy. Which is actually only around 3% of global gdp. That’s on a par with being the fifth most popular brand of Cola.
    ... or being 5th in the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post

The party standing for hard Brexit and the two parties campaigning for a second referendum make huge gains.

The two main parties, both split, significant loses.

Great. What did we learn? Apart the general public, still split aren't ready to compromise.

Somebody somewhere in the middle will presumably still have to find some sort of compromise to get something done.

Or more likely, we'll continue going around in circles. Still, it'll keep the standout politician of the age in the public eye.

Without doubt. That's what happens when you don't listen to the people and drive them into poverty and wage slavery.
    We are supposedly the fourth largest economy in the world with a chronic homeless situation, a struggling health service and all the rest of it. And people are pissed off?
    Complacent politics.
    Sick of the lot of them.
    I think your focus is really admirable Bryn in this post. But I honestly think for compassionate solutions and help re: the issues you mention we'd be better off looking to the Greens and/or Corbyn and/or maybe the Lib Dems.

I don't think right wing parties will be of any help, since right wing policies caused those issues in the first place. Farage and Boris Johnson were taking plenty of pro-Brexit votes from people believing retracted claims about investment in the NHS if we left the EU etc too.

I'm not sure I'd say I was exactly pro-EU, but I don't think we should forget the rights being EU citizens gives either, and if the conservatives survive in power (or a right wing government replaces them) then would it be that surprising if workers and people in general end up with many less 'rights' re: living standards, dignity, employment matters than the EU membership currently gives (in theory)?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    The party standing for hard Brexit and the two parties campaigning for a second referendum make huge gains.

The two main parties, both split, significant loses.

Great. What did we learn? Apart the general public, still split aren't ready to compromise.

Somebody somewhere in the middle will presumably still have to find some sort of compromise to get something done.
    The compromise in this situation won’t suit anyone. I voted remain but haven’t thought it right for a second referendum but now I think it should be put back to a straight choice of no deal Brexit or remain. I’m not sure which way it’d go either.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I could - then again I could (and do) argue black is white just for the sheer hell of the argument!
    How he manages to to square the circle of decrying Europe while taking every red cent in pay, perks and pension from the European coffers by being an MEP, and the electorate still voting for him is beyond my comprehension.
    He is a charlatan; a con-man, and the public who laud him as a "great politician" are like the bulk of people who get taken by a con-man: too embarrassed to admit it.
    There has never been anything approaching even 50% of the UK electorate voting in the European elections, and few could name asingle one of their their MEPs.
    Few even realise that there is not a single MEP representing them, and that it is a regional representation with several MEPs being returned.
    How well has this so-called stand-out politician of the age fared in UK elections for the UK Parliament?
    He has never seen a single candidate from his UKIP or Brexit party ever get elected.
    The only UKIP MP was the chap who won his seat as a Tory and then crossed the floor.
    Farage is not the stand out politician of the age... he is a Barnum figure and should be reviled and consigned to the dustbin of history as a pompous windbag.
    That is my opinion...
    But we are talking about a place where the most popular newspaper was the Sun.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I disagree.

Looks like they fell for it.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/p...n-16166942.amp

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    No idea what it's for but looks like Evangelos has won his Greek election

https://www.fosonline.gr/plus/epikai...sykofantes-vid
    BIG TIME

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    That is my opinion...
    Which politician has had a greater impact on UK politics?