Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geoff Hurst

    23 41.07%
  • Onions

    33 58.93%
Page 693 of 711 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,325 of 17775
  1. #17301
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    From the Guardian today and sums it up well:

    France – We are all protectionists now
    It used to be a dirty word in an open country that is part of the world’s biggest single market. But French parties are increasingly adopting the p-word in this campaign, even if they don’t always say it out loud.

    On the far left, La France Insoumise supports “solidarity protectionism” and proposes the idea of a “kilometric carbon tax”: the further the product is shipped, the more it is taxed. The green fringe advocate something similar – a carbon tax at the border of the EU and restrictions on imports from countries that do not permit free union association.

    Meanwhile, Marine Le Pen’s National Rally advocates an “intelligent protectionism” that would support the national economy through the restoration of customs duties. The socialists too are revising their position on protectionism, a result of years of social dumping and market disruption. “We assume a form of protectionism and put trade policy at the service of ecology and the fight against inequality,” says Raphaël Glucksmann, leader of the influential Place Publique movement, who heads a common list with the PS.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #17302
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    7,491

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Which way are we supposed to vote in the forthcoming Euro elections? Is it for a party or individuals? We have to inform the Mrs sister as she is our proxy vote and I can't seem to get any info on it.

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


  4. #17303
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    There is going to be a lot of tactical voting in France. I think I will go for Rassemblement National rather than Les Républicains, as the RN will give Barnier and Co lots of grief. I would vote LR in a Presidential if I was eligible.

    The UPR (Frexit Party) are the same as RN, but won't get the same support the RN get.

    On y va Marine.


  5. #17304
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    20,676

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Which way are we supposed to vote in the forthcoming Euro elections? Is it for a party or individuals? We have to inform the Mrs sister as she is our proxy vote and I can't seem to get any info on it.

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Party. D’hondt system.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27187434


  6. #17305
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    7,491

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Thanks.

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


  7. #17306
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    12,550

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Gordon Brown (incredible wit) on Nigel Farage:

    Farage not a man of the people - he’s a man of the PayPal


    We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

  8. #17307
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    Gordon Brown (incredible wit) on Nigel Farage:
    Gordon Brown was always comedy "Gold".


  9. #17308
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,386

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Which way are we supposed to vote in the forthcoming Euro elections? Is it for a party or individuals? We have to inform the Mrs sister as she is our proxy vote and I can't seem to get any info on it.

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Just tick any box that doesn't say Labour or Conservative at the side of it.


  10. #17309
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    75,948

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Since the Referendum, you’re all a worse bunch of racists, it seems:

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  11. #17310
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,386

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Fake News.


  12. #17311
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Since the Referendum, you’re all a worse bunch of racists, it seems:

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other
    Britain is still one of the least racist countries in Europe. Brexit has not made it worse and if anything it was the migrant crisis has made the whole of Europe more racist, because the politicians and media handled it so badly.


  13. #17312

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Anyway, enough of this. Extra thick shake.




  14. #17313
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    20,676

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Anyway, enough of this. Extra thick shake.
    Farage covered in five guys' salty milkshake? I saw that video years ago...


  15. #17314
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    20,676

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Just tick any box that doesn't say Labour or Conservative at the side of it.
    Pretty much this - if you want Brexit then go Brexit, UKIP, English Democrats etc...
    If you want Remain - Lib Dems, Green, or the Scottish/Irish/Welsh parties where available.
    If you'd prefer to keep the current status clusterfuck, then Labour or Conservatives.


  16. #17315

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    His reaction says a lot.

    Calling his hired help a complete failure.


  17. #17316
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    12,550

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Britain is still one of the least racist countries in Europe. Brexit has not made it worse and if anything it was the migrant crisis has made the whole of Europe more racist, because the politicians and media handled it so badly.
    I'm sure people across Britain who are subject to racism are grateful for your explanation. It must be such a relief for them to know that there has been no rise in racism contrary to their experience.


  18. #17317
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    With the Euro Elections looming and Le Pen on the rise the MSM are largely playing this down.

    "A large mob of undocumented (illegal) immigrants occupied France’s biggest airport on Sunday, filling an entire terminal and demanding to see the country’s prime minister.
    Footage posted on Twitter shows roughly 500 migrants chanting in Terminal 2 of Charles de Gaulle Airport, as about a dozen riot police in tactical gear hold them back.
    “France does not belong to the French! Everyone has a right to be here!” one protester can be heard yelling into a loudspeaker."


  19. #17318
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    20,676

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Brexiteers around the internet are very keen to point out that failure to respect the result of the referendum is some sort of violation of democracy.

    Interesting then that the Brexit party have today banned Channel 4 from access to it's events. Just a reminder that 'Freedom of the Press' is one of the core tenets of democracy.


  20. #17319
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Brexiteers around the internet are very keen to point out that failure to respect the result of the referendum is some sort of violation of democracy.

    Interesting then that the Brexit party have today banned Channel 4 from access to it's events. Just a reminder that 'Freedom of the Press' is one of the core tenets of democracy.
    If it is true, then it is a wrong, stupid and bad decision, no matter how biased Channel 4 are. All MSM networks are biased.


  21. #17320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house
    Posts
    3,458

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!




  22. #17321
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    20,676

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    If it is true, then it is a wrong, stupid and bad decision, no matter how biased Channel 4 are. All MSM networks are biased.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8923026.html


  23. #17322
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Just because Channel 4 claim they are banned doesn't mean they are.

    If they are banned then there will be some form of official statement on it from the Party.

    If they do ban Channel 4 then that is a big mistake.


  24. #17323
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    I'm sure people across Britain who are subject to racism are grateful for your explanation. It must be such a relief for them to know that there has been no rise in racism contrary to their experience.
    Well there has certainly been a rise in antisemitism in YOUR constituency and it has little or nothing to do with Brexit or the Far Right.

    Also if you are comparing racism now to the past, just remember that many things that are deemed racist now where acceptable or ignored not so long ago. It is difficult therefore to make comparisons.


  25. #17324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    9,390

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Pretty much this - if you want Brexit then go Brexit, UKIP, English Democrats etc...
    If you want Remain - Lib Dems, Green, or the Scottish/Irish/Welsh parties where available.
    If you'd prefer to keep the current status clusterfuck, then Labour or Conservatives.
    Trouble is these elections have no impact on what happens with Brexit at all.

    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  26. #17325
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Cockpit
    Posts
    22,127

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    Trouble is these elections have no impact on what happens with Brexit at all.
    They could oust May depending on how bad the Tory vote is


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •