Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geoff Hurst

23 41.07%
  • Onions

33 58.93%
Page 639 of 652 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649 ... LastLast
Results 15,951 to 15,975 of 16281
    Weltmeister

Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post

In the end, May's motion to extend wins by 412 to 202. Effectively, this allows her to bring her deal back once again next week. If she wins she can ask the EU for an extension to 30 June. If she doesn't, there must be some other but as yet unknown solution to take to the EU.
    If she doesn’t win, as is perhaps likely, tonight’s motion provides and calls for a longer extension period, which would mean the UK taking part in the European elections in May (at least, that’s how I read it?)

I have to say, though, this is making my head hurt.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May's shambolic deal is going to pass isn't it?

638 pages?

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNottingham View Post
    Yeah, I think it will get through at the 3rd or 4th vote.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Weltmeister

It’s what she’s wanted all along, kick the can down the road stall for time, and then claim her deal is the only thing on offer.

Unless the opposition grows a pair and comes out in favour of a second referendum or somehow forces a General Election, then, yes.

At this point though, hopefully „No Deal“ is dead now.

Weltmeister

May is basically the political equivalent of Aston Villa.

The Foam Hand

No.

We will end up remaining. Said it all along.

Bout time Forest stopped ruining weekends. - Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    No.

We will end up remaining. Said it all along.
    It's funny that we all think the thing we don't want to happen is what is going to happen. It's so British.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    It's funny that we all think the thing we don't want to happen is what is going to happen. It's so British.

Despite what I voted I've been indifferent from the beginning and said it about 3000 pages back. But what does piss me off is the ineptitude of our politicians.

If it doesn't happen they've wasted two years and created a shitstorm for nothing, not to mention holding a referendum that only had one result irrespective of what the result was.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

It's been a cluster fuck of a shit show from the start.

Both sides shambolic and 99% of the electorate willfully ignorant or dismissive of the other side.

I'd rather remain and try to steer the EU from within however, I'm not fussed about crashing out, it'll give a lot of people a kick up the arse and could (not that it would with our shambolic government) lead to a reorganisation of our economy, start manufacturing, invest in our world leading technology, invest in the youth to make a better, more balanced economy not so focused on the service sector. Won't happen though.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Despite what I voted I've been indifferent from the beginning and said it about 3000 pages back. But what does piss me off is the ineptitude of our politicians.

If it doesn't happen they've wasted two years and created a shitstorm for nothing, not to mention holding a referendum that only had one result irrespective of what the result was.
    May wasted 2 years playing internal politics from day 1. A50 should not have been triggered until a consensus of all MPs had been arrived at, non of this debacle since her Checkers clusterfuck would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by george lyall View Post
    May wasted 2 years playing internal politics from day 1. A50 should not have been triggered until a consensus of all MPs had been arrived at, non of this debacle since her Checkers clusterfuck would have happened.
    It's astounding that she chose to do that mere weeks after her disastrous election. That should have been warning enough.

Sky Plus Me

May is a fucking shite PM but then who would replace her who'd be any better?

We're fucked.

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    May is a fucking shite PM but then who would replace her who'd be any better?

We're fucked.
    Johnson PM, Gove Chancellor = Ollie and Stan

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    It's been a cluster fuck of a shit show from the start.

Both sides shambolic and 99% of the electorate willfully ignorant or dismissive of the other side.

I'd rather remain and try to steer the EU from within however, I'm not fussed about crashing out, it'll give a lot of people a kick up the arse and could (not that it would with our shambolic government) lead to a reorganisation of our economy, start manufacturing, invest in our world leading technology, invest in the youth to make a better, more balanced economy not so focused on the service sector. Won't happen though.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
    About sums it up for me as well, it all needs a kick up the arse; too much suffering, too many people being ignored, too many people being exploited by companies, too many people comfortable enough to not care, too much focus on what benefits the few and the privileged and two political parties not worth fuck all, never mind a vote.
    Honestly, I'm sick of this country. I thought anything would be be worth a go than carrying on like this.

Ast the moment, this is only about the withdrawal arrangements.

Think of it as the popadum and chutney to main course of trade deal masala with pilau rice and naan bread.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Ast the moment, this is only about the withdrawal arrangements.

Think of it as the popadum and chutney to main course of trade deal masala with pilau rice and naan bread.
    But that deal will be the easiest I'm the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    But that deal will be the easiest I'm the world.
    Easy peasy.

In other news, the #brexit secretary, who moved today's motion, voted against it.

The cheif whip, whose job it is make sure backbenchers vote with the government, abstained.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Easy peasy.

In other news, the #brexit secretary, who moved today's motion, voted against it.

The cheif whip, whose job it is make sure backbenchers vote with the government, abstained.
    Incompetence

It was a free vote though which was supposed to be the case on Wed until the spelman/cooper amendment passed removing Maybot's little add on about no deal being back on the table after 29th March and this happened

Yesterday was astounding watching Barclay arguing for a motion then 5 mins later voting against oh well back to Mays deal V3 which I would not be surprised to see pass next week when the ERG and DUP finally accept that it is the hardest brexit they are going to get

I have added this without adding my own opinion cos otherwise it would just be a lot of this ********** ***** *** ****** ****

Sky Plus Me

Caroline Lucas from the Greens, if not the best MP in the house of commons is probably in the top 1, has a campaign to talk to Leavers

What do you think?

I think she has a point. The argument over the past three years has been over-simplified where some of the Leave voters did so because they thought that leaving the EU would help to solve some of the issues which currently blight the UK. The fact that they were sold this opinion by many of the people who benefit from current inequalities seems not to have been so obvious as we might think.

Remaining part of the EU is only part of the solution in that it can only prevent matters from getting much worse, but it should be coupled with a programme exploring inequality, inclusion and improvements to infrastructure. But good luck to us getting that out of the Tories who have used a divide and rule approach to getting what they want out of the country.

Weltmeister

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I think she has a point. The argument over the past three years has been over-simplified where some of the Leave voters did so because they thought that leaving the EU would help to solve some of the issues which currently blight the UK. The fact that they were sold this opinion by many of the people who benefit from current inequalities seems not to have been so obvious as we might think.

Remaining part of the EU is only part of the solution in that it can only prevent matters from getting much worse, but it should be coupled with a programme exploring inequality, inclusion and improvements to infrastructure. But good luck to us getting that out of the Tories who have used a divide and rule approach to getting what they want out of the country.
    This. Absolutely this.

Leaving the EU and „taking back control“ will do absolutely nothing about the deep-rooted problems in Britain: inequality, crime, austerity, government cuts and poverty.

Where's me hammer?

Love the first few comments....along the lines of "i voted leave but i was very wrong and now i have changed my mind...."

Megalolz

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk