Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geoff Hurst

23 41.07%
  • Onions

33 58.93%
Page 610 of 610 FirstFirst ... 110510560600608609610
Results 15,226 to 15,241 of 15241

Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Typically for you, this is pure whataboutery.

The tax affairs of Monaco are NOT the point. The point is here is a string wealthy hypocrites that campaigned for Brexit yet they aren't sticking around in Brexit Britain themselves.
    It is no more "whataboutery" than linking a wealthy person's decision to move to a Tax Haven with Brexit. Wealthy Remainers and Brexiteers use tax havens in various places around the planet. The Brexit issue is about leaving a failing over bureaucratic technocracy rather than Tax Havens.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The top 1% of tax payers, pay roughly 27% of the total tax revenues the Gov receive. This will soon reduce as more of the wealthy move away.

Over half of the country don't contribute at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Penguin View Post
    The top 1% of tax payers, pay roughly 27% of the total tax revenues the Gov receive. This will soon reduce as more of the wealthy move away.

Over half of the country don't contribute at all.
    Well clever them by avoiding anything with VAT on it.

You know, like clothes and food.

In other news, while May and co. dots the i's, Honda is about to close down the Swindon factory and Nissan the Sunderland factory.

Terrorist Scum

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    In other news, while May and co. dots the i's, Honda is about to close down the Swindon factory and Nissan the Sunderland factory.
    That’s alright, no damage to the economy, just a coincidence, nothing to see here...

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Bloody mainstream media, not reporting absolute bollocks. How dare they?

Hmmm......

Considering that Honda are moving all production back to Japan even though 90% of the cars produced at Swindon are exported to the EU is far more telling than Brexit scaremongering.

This is a company having to change with the times. The global motoring industry, just like aviation, is fucked. Climate change regulation and consumer confidence in manufacturers hell bent on poisoning the planet are not easy bed fellows.

Honda, like Toyota have missed the curve ball of electrification and are a decade behind many of their main rivals and start up disruptors.

It's easy to blame Brexit but there are bigger issues at play than the UKs proposed split from the EU.

While nobody wants to see people losing their livelihoods it should be no surprise to anyone that businesses based around significantly polluting the planet are going to be the first that have to change, or cease to exist.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post

Sanitary products?

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Hmmm......

Considering that Honda are moving all production back to Japan even though 90% of the cars produced at Swindon are exported to the EU is far more telling than Brexit scaremongering.

This is a company having to change with the times. The global motoring industry, just like aviation, is fucked. Climate change regulation and consumer confidence in manufacturers hell bent on poisoning the planet are not easy bed fellows.

Honda, like Toyota have missed the curve ball of electrification and are a decade behind many of their main rivals and start up disruptors.

It's easy to blame Brexit but there are bigger issues at play than the UKs proposed split from the EU.

While nobody wants to see people losing their livelihoods it should be no surprise to anyone that businesses based around significantly polluting the planet are going to be the first that have to change, or cease to exist.

Aye Radio four said it would have happened brexit or no brexit because of the removal of tariffs on Japanese imports with this super duper EU deal.... so basically Europe fucks the UK again but lets blame this decision on Brexit.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Aye Radio four said it would have happened brexit or no brexit because of the removal of tariffs on Japanese imports with this super duper EU deal.... so basically Europe fucks the UK again but lets blame this decision on Brexit.

Which means the Remainers will see it as an excuse for staying in the EU rather than being on the outside, but Honda are minimising their manufacturing base not because of Brexit, but because they realise their engineering offering isn't what the consumer wants anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

The EU are looking after the interests of the EU, what else would you expect them to do?

Which means the Remainers will see it as an excuse for staying in the EU rather than being on the outside, but Honda are minimising their manufacturing base not because of Brexit, but because they realise their engineering offering isn't what the consumer wants anymore.

I'd be very surprised if the Swindon production isn't switched to somewhere within the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I'd be very surprised if the Swindon production isn't switched to somewhere within the EU.
    No, they've categorically stated that all production is being moved back to Japan as they have spare capacity there negating the need for further financial outlay in setting up another EU based manufacturing outpost.

No, they've categorically stated that all production is being moved back to Japan as they have spare capacity there negating the need for further financial outlay in setting up another EU based manufacturing outpost.

Didn’t they categorically state they were committed to production in Swindon 6 months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post

You don't pay VAT on children's clothes or most food.

You should have gone for fags and booze, much easier targets.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Where's me hammer?

Which means the Remainers will see it as an excuse for staying in the EU rather than being on the outside,

Surely even they aint that stupid, the tariffs will be removed and that makes it cheaper to now make the cars in Japan.

So this deal would have been struck and fuck the UK.