Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geoff Hurst

23 41.07%
  • Onions

33 58.93%
Page 3 of 452 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Bucksred

Default Re: EU Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    What have these got to do with the EU?

I'm referring to the latest article I read in the Telegraph by Con Coughlin, I'm quite convinced junker likes the idea and it would suit Whitehall.
    In relation to Hs2, you are correct, but like the governments pay increase I mentioned something I don't agree with.

Last edited by Bucksred; 29-06-15 at 07:00.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    I find the EU more democratic than the UK. It's not perfect but it's better than the semi reformed feudal system we seem to be unable to change.

And I dont mind Jerries that can run economies, they are better than the ones that sit in ermine robes in their council houses and wave.

I wonder if People in Greece agree with you?

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksred View Post
    I wonder if People in Greece agree with you?
    I'm sure many Greeks do, after all, they voted overwhelmingly to join the EU and the single currency in the first place.

Indeed, the greater integration the EU offers has allowed Greece's tourist sector (which makes up 20% of their economy) to boom - that and shipping are the only bits of Greece's economy that works.

Greece's economic problems have come mainly through extensive corruption and wide-scale tax evasion, which has seen millions creamed out of the Greek economy.

And Varoufakis is right - another five years of austerity will not solve Greece's problems.

The "troika" of lenders have underestimated the resolve of Prime Minister Tsipras, who was elected on an anti-austerity platform.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

I'm referring to the latest article I read in the Telegraph by Con Coughlin, I'm quite convinced junker likes the idea and it would suit Whitehall.
    In relation to Hs2, you are correct, but like the governments pay increase I mentioned something I don't agree with.
    The EU have actually encouraged members states to spend more on defence, repeatedly.

I find it fascinating that you fear the government will "will flood the media with scare tactics and people will believe it" when you are doing exactly the same by bringing up defence cuts, HS2 and parliamentary pay rises, all of which have nothing to do with the EU. You're either using scare tactics yourself or you are one of the gullible people.

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I'm sure many Greeks do, after all, they voted overwhelmingly to join the EU and the single currency in the first place.

Indeed, the greater integration the EU offers has allowed Greece's tourist sector (which makes up 20% of their economy) to boom - that and shipping are the only bits of Greece's economy that works.

Greece's economic problems have come mainly through extensive corruption and wide-scale tax evasion, which has seen millions creamed out of the Greek economy.

And Varoufakis is right - another five years of austerity will not solve Greece's problems.

The "troika" of lenders have underestimated the resolve of Prime Minister Tsipras, who was elected on an anti-austerity platform.

Clever people at the EU aren't they (I mean letting Greece join in the first place).

Tony Blair, has a nice job now.

I would imagine they still do. Despite the austerity cuts, they must realise that if the EU hadn't bailed them out, their leaders would have been on megawonga.com followed shortly by webuyanycountry.

[INSET RANDOM MENTION OF TONY BLAIR HERE]

Left Winger

Bliar.

Bucksred

I would imagine they still do. Despite the austerity cuts, they must realise that if the EU hadn't bailed them out, their leaders would have been on megawonga.com followed shortly by webuyanycountry.

[INSET RANDOM MENTION OF TONY BLAIR HERE]

Nothing random talking about Blair and the EU at all.

The correlation that comes to mind is the Lisbon Treaty, which caused cynicism in the UK over the whole EU project.

Nothing random talking about Blair and the EU at all.

The correlation that comes to mind is the Lisbon Treaty, which caused cynicism in the UK over the whole EU project.
    The Lisbon Treaty was designed to reduce EU bureaucracy and make it more democratically efficient. At the same time it granted the UK more power to opt-out of EU directives on home affairs and justice. It also included clauses about strengthening security and defence budgets, an area you were wrongly accusing the EU of threatening yesterday.

But yes, it also caused some 'cynicism'. Anything to do with Europe always does. FYI, Tony Blair didn't even sign the Lisbon Treaty, Gordon Brown did. If you're going to invoke bogeyman as part of your scare tactics, at least try to invoke the right one.

winnits

I just can't get wound up about it. There's always some untouchable cuntpuffin with their nose in the trough.

Greece also has a healthy oil refining sector,

With more than €1 billion gross value added in 2011, which corresponds to 0.5% of Greek
    GDP, the refinery sector ranks third among the manufacturing branches, with its share
    increasing significantly over the past few years.
    likely to be much higher given the Troika-engineered economic crash, and that the refineries output is largely exported. Putin would loooove to get a piece of THAT action.

Sauce.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by TheEastIsRed View Post
    Greece also has a healthy oil refining sector,

likely to be much higher given the Troika-engineered economic crash, and that the refineries output is largely exported. Putin would loooove to get a piece of THAT action.

Sauce.
    Yes he would. Don't be surprised to see PM Tsipras on a plane to Moscow if the "troika" pulls the plug.

Mr. Putin would just love a piece of that action, and potentially a warm-water port for his navy too (and wouldn't that put the shits up NATO!)

Yes he would. Don't be surprised to see PM Tsipras on a plane to Moscow if the "troika" pulls the plug.

Mr. Putin would just love a piece of that action, and potentially a warm-water port for his navy too (and wouldn't that put the shits up NATO!)
    You didnt mention Blair at the end of your post in a completely non related manor?

oopsy daisy!

If you're going to invoke bogeyman as part of your scare tactics, at least try to invoke the right one.
    What has that got to do with it? Getting facts right are completely irrelevant to the discussion. Facts are for dummies.

Bucksred

Bliar.
    When you say Blair can't help but think about defender of the EU and of course the chilcot enquiry. I suppose some of you think another 6 years is acceptable, lol.

Last edited by Bucksred; 29-06-15 at 21:15.

Bucksred

The Lisbon Treaty was designed to reduce EU bureaucracy and make it more democratically efficient. At the same time it granted the UK more power to opt-out of EU directives on home affairs and justice. It also included clauses about strengthening security and defence budgets, an area you were wrongly accusing the EU of threatening yesterday.

But yes, it also caused some 'cynicism'. Anything to do with Europe always does. FYI, Tony Blair didn't even sign the Lisbon Treaty, Gordon Brown did. If you're going to invoke bogeyman as part of your scare tactics, at least try to invoke the right one.

EU, less bureaucracy, who voted for president Jonker in the UK..?
    Blair (and Brown)were behind Lisbon treaty, agree totally with the Express newspaper on that one mate, however glad we agree on the cynicism and the connection with Blair and EU.

Cheers

Last edited by Bucksred; 29-06-15 at 20:11.

When you say Blair can't help but think about ... the Leveson enquiry.
    Huh?

I suppose some of you think another 6 years is acceptable, lol.
    What?

Brown and Blair were behind it
    I thought the undemocratic EU were behind it? If our Prime Minister and Chancellor drew up the Lisbon Treaty, we shouldn't really have much to worry about.

Oh wait, do you mean the Chilcot Inquiry? Leveson is phone hacking and nothing to do with either Blair or the EU.

The Chilcot Inquiry. Right. Yeah, now that makes sense. We should leave the EU because Blair may have invaded Iraq illegally and the report into that decision hasn't been released yet because the US are blocking the publication of some documents contained within. So really we should be having a referendum on whether we want to be part of the United States any more...

It's possible to be right for the wrong reasons. The idea that the Greek public are, or should be, grateful to the EU for bailing them out is a pretty fanciful one.

Bucksred

Oh wait, do you mean the Chilcot Inquiry? Leveson is phone hacking and nothing to do with either Blair or the EU.

The Chilcot Inquiry. Right. Yeah, now that makes sense. We should leave the EU because Blair may have invaded Iraq illegally and the report into that decision hasn't been released yet because the US are blocking the publication of some documents contained within. So really we should be having a referendum on whether we want to be part of the United States any more...

You are indeed correct the Chilcot Inquiry, apologies and I deserve a

The point being you know as well as I do Blair was behind the Lisbon treaty, you can add Brown if you so wish.

Some seem happy to be controlled by President Juncker, me I never voted for him.

winnits

I rarely vote for the dudes that govern us. That's life!

frankwignall

Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    In.

Partly because I'd like to keep many of our ex-pats out
    Thanks. As bad as it gets here they would have to drag me back to the politically correct UK kicking and screaming.

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by frankwignall View Post
    Thanks. As bad as it gets here they would have to drag me back to the politically correct UK kicking and screaming.

Lol

Great post

Quote Originally Posted by frankwignall View Post
    Same here (although I have no issue with political correctness).

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    You didnt mention Blair at the end of your post in a completely non related manor?

I thought you worked out the Blair connection with the EU (firmly in camp)

Blair was PM when he promised a referendum on the EU constitution before the name of that was changed to the Lisbon Treaty. He cynically withdrew his offer. He had personal ambitions to be the president of Europe. That's the connection.

For all Cameron's posturing, he has no intentions of leaving the EU.