Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geoff Hurst

23 41.07%
  • Onions

33 58.93%
Page 2 of 384 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: EU Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I've added one. Stuck with the official question, but instead of swaying the vote with a Yes/No, positive/negative choice, I've used two neutral words to represent the options. I'll trust our informed polling demographic to deduce which is which.
    An approach resembling the EU, I started the thread, then without a bye your leave, a poll is added, this type of heavy handed undemocratic behaviour is typical of the EU.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    An approach resembling the EU, I started the thread, then without a bye your leave, a poll is added, this type of heavy handed undemocratic behaviour is typical of the EU.
    You were the one who wanted a flipping referendum!

However, you do appear to be winning, so I may yet remove it...

‘This at bottom is the wish and prayer of all human hearts, everywhere and at all times: “Give me a leader, a true leader, not a false sham-leader; a true leader, that he may guide me on the true way.”’

- Thomas Carlyle

On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands

The Prime Minister of Finland speaks English better than what I do.

It's precisely this kind of underhand, foreign behaviour that we need to keep away from these shores.

Reminds me of Henig Wehn's joke: "I'm glad Germany lost the war - it meant I had to learn a second language."

On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands

It must be great being a BBC captions writer

Banned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eferendum.html.

Suprise Suprise Tax payers money used to fund the fight to stay in the EU, does Camaron really expect to be believed in his " Quest " around Europe to gain changes ?.

Now remind me again why the majority of Politicians are regarded as untrustworthy ?.

I dont get why they think throwing money at it is gonna change the result.... The damage is done for the "out" voters and the benefits are already understood by the "in" voters...... Knocking on doors with an ironed shirt, filling the letterbox for stuff for the log burner and fancy posters aint gonna change the minds of fucked off folk.

Banned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...EN-GLOVER.html

Problem for the Out Campaign, there isn't a national leader type figure to head the issue. Nigel Farage would accept the position, but unacceptable to many voters.

People will look at the side that annoys them most and vote for the other. The "In" lobby would do well to take a leaf out of Cameron's book and not show up for the election period, let the other side make enemies.

Whatever happened to the Common Market which we joined? I just looked on Google Maps and couldn't find the butter mountains and wine lakes. Have they gone or just been blurred out?

Whilst I couldn't care less if the Queen agreed with me or not, the article clearly stated she meant Europe and not the EU. Your all pulling the wool over your eyes if you think Europe is united because of the EU, just look at what it has done in Ukraine, Cyprus, Ireland and Greece. The EU in its current state and with its current treaties is an horrific system of governance. The only way is radical reform either by making an EU state or having a loose trading relationship. The notion that you can have sovereign monetary policy in a single currency union is madness.

winnits

Do you think Emmerson doesn't like the EU?

Left Winger

Default EU Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by winnits View Post
    Do you think Emmerson doesn't like the EU?
    I think he looks like Rick from The Young Ones.

And to take issue with his post; the EU and the Euro have been a huge boost to the economy of the Republic of Ireland.

EU membership and the common currency have brought massive inward investment into the country.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Pretty sure Ukraine would be even more fucked if it wasn't for the EU too...

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Whilst I couldn't care less if the Queen agreed with me or not, the article clearly stated she meant Europe and not the EU. Your all pulling the wool over your eyes if you think Europe is united because of the EU, just look at what it has done in Ukraine, Cyprus, Ireland and Greece. The EU in its current state and with its current treaties is an horrific system of governance. The only way is radical reform either by making an EU state or having a loose trading relationship. The notion that you can have sovereign monetary policy in a single currency union is madness.
    Err, Ukraine not being a member of the EU is the cause of their current woes.

Grexit, far from weakening the EU, could hasten the grip Germany has on the whole economic area. The IMF wants it.

IMF’s Chief Economist Olivier Blanchard summed this up well few months ago:
    If the Greek exit does happen I think it is a way [for the Europeans] to appease the markets by proceeding further with the fiscal union; that would certainly be the right move.”
    Edit : Default, dammit!

Last edited by TheEastIsRed; 27-06-15 at 19:29.

Bucksred

A subject worthy of its thread ? Especially as it is going to affect us all one way or another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eform-bid.html.

Although I'm sceptical about the intentions of Camaron, it does appear he is taking his promise seriously. At the moment no surprises, I'm firmly in the Out Camp.

I'm firmly in the OUT camp.

No border controls, Europe a doomed project made by the elite for the elite.

Cameron wants to stay in, he's crushed the revolt and it's all theatre and drama, there is no way this government will let is leave in my view. They will flood the media with scare tactics and people will believe it.

Bucksred

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eferendum.html.

Suprise Suprise Tax payers money used to fund the fight to stay in the EU, does Camaron really expect to be believed in his " Quest " around Europe to gain changes ?.

Now remind me again why the majority of Politicians are regarded as untrustworthy ?.

Lol,

They do deserve that pay rise, it was of course done by an independent panel (you have to laugh)

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksred View Post
    I'm firmly in the OUT camp.

No border controls, Europe a doomed project made by the elite for the elite.

Cameron wants to stay in, he's crushed the revolt and it's all theatre and drama, there is no way this government will let is leave in my view. They will flood the media with scare tactics and people will believe it.
    You mean like UKIP do?

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're procrastinating, get some work done!”

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by Hand ShAndy! View Post
    Yep. A lot will vote out "cos foreigners and immigration" let alone all the usual gumph about taking our jobs.

Many other reasons are Control over our own borders, protection for dangerous criminals being able to come in, additionally we'd like to think our elected MP's are making laws and not being ruled and governed by Brussels which we have to pay millions for, we'd also like to have more say in the amount of aid that is sent overseas and make sure it's not ploughed into art galleries, we'd like to fish where we've always fished in our own waters, we'd like to make trade agreements with the rest of the world, Hs2 needs greater debate as does our shrinking army especially considering the terrorist threat, I could go on.

Last edited by Bucksred; 28-06-15 at 22:26.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Many other reasons are Control over our own borders, protection for dangerous criminals being able to come in, in addition we'd like to think our elected MP's were making laws and not being ruled and governed by Brussels which we have to pay millions for, we'd also like to have more say in the amount of aid that is sent overseas and make sure it's not ploughed into art galleries, we'd like to fish where we've always fished in our own waters, we'd like to make trade agreements with the rest of the world, I could go on.
    You're boring me now, bye x

Bucksred

Quote Originally Posted by Hand ShAndy! View Post
    You mean like UKIP do?

I have not mentioned UKIP, I do know that it was outrageous that 4m UK voted for them and they got 1 MP and in Scotland the SNP received 1.5m votes and got something like 50 MP's.

Not sure there anything democratic about that.

Hs2 needs greater debate as does our shrinking army especially considering the terrorist threat
    What have these got to do with the EU?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    What have these got to do with the EU?
    Don't bother, he's worse than Emerson