Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 128

Thread: The walking dead (injuries)

      
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,322

    Default The walking dead (injuries)

    Anyone know when the injured platoon may return. Obviously Britt is out until 2016 sometime, but how about the others?

    Cohen - Assume he will be very close for the start of the season, though I think he is pretty much done for sadly
    Reid - As above, though I worry he will never return for any kind of prolonged spell
    Hobbs - Same as above? The guys been injured since we signed him on a permanent
    Wilson - Should be melted and sold for glue in all honesty


    Does that cover it or are we more optimistic


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    8,201

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.


  4. #3
    Dancing in the Trent End
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mapperley
    Posts
    5,038

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.
    Chris Cohen is my moon and stars.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    STH NORMANTON
    Posts
    3,530

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    We should start buying our players from KIA
    7 years warranty against faults


  6. #5
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,135

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    We should start buying our players from KIA
    7 years warranty against faults
    We'd send them bust


  7. #6
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,135

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by CloughyForEngland View Post
    Anyone know when the injured platoon may return. Obviously Britt is out until 2016 sometime, but how about the others?

    Cohen - Assume he will be very close for the start of the season, though I think he is pretty much done for sadly
    Reid - As above, though I worry he will never return for any kind of prolonged spell
    Hobbs - Same as above? The guys been injured since we signed him on a permanent
    Wilson - Should be melted and sold for glue in all honesty


    Does that cover it or are we more optimistic
    If they were family pets wed have "done the right thing" years ago.


  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,322

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    They are 4 quality players when fit and firing. Imagine Cohen and Reid fully fit back in the middle. Would solve no end of issues.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,667

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Cohen should be fit by the start of preseason. Reid aiming for the same. Hobbs is fine, as is Wilson. Britt not until February of 2016. Fryatt was injured but should be ready for start of preseason.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,667

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by CloughyForEngland View Post
    They are 4 quality players when fit and firing. Imagine Cohen and Reid fully fit back in the middle. Would solve no end of issues.
    As long as we don't try and start them every game at the beginning of the season again.


  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,322

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Yeah ease them in for sure.

    I think if we could somehow get Gardner back for 12 months on loan we would be ok in the middle. He could play most games and we could rotate Lansbury with Reid and Cohen with Osborne, with a few of the others coming in slowly like Grant. I'd get Tesche back if we can't get Gardner.


  12. #11
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,135

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    But its gonna be the same issues yet again.........

    We are under an embargo because we have spent to much. one of the reasons we have spent to much is we have a great player like hobbs...... who then gets injured so we have to replace him with say Daniel Ayla who then gets injured so we replace him with Elliott ward (may not have happened in that order but you get the jist) 3 former prem players on say 10k each a week plus maybe a loan fee.... so thats 30k rolled out all because we have one good player thats broke alot.... we might as well have gone out and got a better player who aint injured as much on 30k a week and been done with it.

    Same with Cohen great player love him, deserves to be on 10k a week for effort and professionalism alone but 3 bad knee injuries that finished players 20 years ago so can be classed as broke but we insist on sticking with it.

    Reid clearly fucked because he didnt look after himself from an early age, now its catching up with him.... great player who is probably on 10k a week.... we will keep him, he wont play every week so we have to pay another player not as good 10k a week to play when reid cant..... why didnt we just pay 20k to someone better who aint broke every two weeks and be done with it?

    I know hindsights a beautiful thing and injuries cant be accounted for every time but until we stop the nostalgia and start attempting to pick up value for money we are always gonna be in this shit.

    Half of them if they were your dog, you'd have fed him a bowl full of his favorite treats took him for a shit at his favorite spot and then packed him in the car to the vets years ago.


  13. #12
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    We should start buying our players from KIA
    7 years warranty against faults
    KIA is worryingly accurate for our players.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,871

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin's Local View Post
    KIA is worryingly accurate for our players.
    I would rather have Cohen playing bit part roles as subs then starting and playing 20 odd games better they play a bit part in all games than be injured for over half the season


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,871

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Reid for a creativity if we're failing to break a team down, Cohen to keep us organised when it looks like were losing our shape and Hobbs for when the back four are being pressurised in the last 30 minutes


  16. #15
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    36,795

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    But its gonna be the same issues yet again.........

    We are under an embargo because we have spent to much. one of the reasons we have spent to much is we have a great player like hobbs...... who then gets injured so we have to replace him with say Daniel Ayla who then gets injured so we replace him with Elliott ward (may not have happened in that order but you get the jist) 3 former prem players on say 10k each a week plus maybe a loan fee.... so thats 30k rolled out all because we have one good player thats broke alot.... we might as well have gone out and got a better player who aint injured as much on 30k a week and been done with it.

    Same with Cohen great player love him, deserves to be on 10k a week for effort and professionalism alone but 3 bad knee injuries that finished players 20 years ago so can be classed as broke but we insist on sticking with it.

    Reid clearly fucked because he didnt look after himself from an early age, now its catching up with him.... great player who is probably on 10k a week.... we will keep him, he wont play every week so we have to pay another player not as good 10k a week to play when reid cant..... why didnt we just pay 20k to someone better who aint broke every two weeks and be done with it?

    I know hindsights a beautiful thing and injuries cant be accounted for every time but until we stop the nostalgia and start attempting to pick up value for money we are always gonna be in this shit.

    Half of them if they were your dog, you'd have fed him a bowl full of his favorite treats took him for a shit at his favorite spot and then packed him in the car to the vets years ago.
    Aye, it's the squad balance which is so screwed now. We can afford to carry the odd injury prone player or two if their quality warrents it, but changing manager year after year has just given us a bloated squad with no real balance in terms of none-skill based-attributes (attitude, reliability, leadership etc.)

    Dougie's loans and potential signings show absolutely no recognition of that fact at all, and I'm resigned to just accepting the fact that we're a junk-food-esq club now. The big hope is that Dougie gets so many misfits in that an unlikely camaraderie forms and pushes us on.

    Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 27-05-15 at 16:19.

  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    12,998

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Aye, it's the squad balance which is so screwed now. We can afford to carry the odd injury prone player or two if their quality warrents it, but changing manager year after year has just given us a bloated squad with no real balance in terms of none-skill based-attributes (attitude, reliability, leadership etc.)

    Dougie's loans and potential signings show absolutely no recognition of that fact at all, and I'm resigned to just accepting the fact that we're a junk-food-esq club now. The big hope is that Dougie gets so many misfits in that an unlikely camaraderie forms and pushes us on.
    The problem Dougie has is that ALL the players he brings in are on free and at the end of their contract.
    That is a very limited market place. We can't even go dipping into the lower league market and pick up a bargain. Wolves have just bought a lad from Portsmouth at a bargain basement price who will probably do a fantastic job. We can't do that.

    Until people realise this we are going to go around in circles discussing it. As someone said in a previous thread Dougie's recruitment job is more difficult than any Forest manager in recent history. I think its only fair that this is recognised by those slating his recruitment policy.


  18. #17
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,135

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    Reid for a creativity if we're failing to break a team down, Cohen to keep us organised when it looks like were losing our shape and Hobbs for when the back four are being pressurised in the last 30 minutes
    But can we afford to carry players like that? Thats wages every week that can go on someone who is actually gonna play.....a settled team is much better than one you might be able to put out every 4 weeks.


  19. #18
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,135

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Aye, it's the squad balance which is so screwed now. We can afford to carry the odd injury prone player or two if their quality warrents it, but changing manager year after year has just given us a bloated squad with no real balance in terms of none-skill based-attributes (attitude, reliability, leadership etc.)

    Dougie's loans and potential signings show absolutely no recognition of that fact at all, and I'm resigned to just accepting the fact that we're a junk-food-esq club now. The big hope is that Dougie gets so many misfits in that an unlikely camaraderie forms and pushes us on.
    Kind of like the perfect storm or a group of deadly illnesses that counteract each other so none of them actually kill you......


  20. #19
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,135

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    The problem Dougie has is that ALL the players he brings in are on free and at the end of their contract.
    That is a very limited market place. We can't even go dipping into the lower league market and pick up a bargain. Wolves have just bought a lad from Portsmouth at a bargain basement price who will probably do a fantastic job. We can't do that.

    Until people realise this we are going to go around in circles discussing it. As someone said in a previous thread Dougie's recruitment job is more difficult than any Forest manager in recent history. I think its only fair that this is recognised by those slating his recruitment policy.
    Whilst his recruitment needs to be spot on like you have said he still needs to get his shovel out and shift the shit as well...... we must have players from 6 managers ago at the club..... move em on dougie....


  21. #20
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    42,179

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    A month of Sundays

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  22. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,322

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Whilst his recruitment needs to be spot on like you have said he still needs to get his shovel out and shift the shit as well...... we must have players from 6 managers ago at the club..... move em on dougie....
    6 managers ago is nothing, they will still have 2 years on their contract at least then!


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    12,998

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Whilst his recruitment needs to be spot on like you have said he still needs to get his shovel out and shift the shit as well...... we must have players from 6 managers ago at the club..... move em on dougie....
    Yes he needs to shovel a few off. Vaughan, Fox, Wilson, Paterson and Majewski spring to mind. Who's going to want them though? Who will pay them what we do? The likes of Wilson would cling on to his wages I am sure.


  24. #23
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,135

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Yes he needs to shovel a few off. Vaughan, Fox, Wilson, Paterson and Majewski spring to mind. Who's going to want them though? Who will pay them what we do? The likes of Wilson would cling on to his wages I am sure.
    got to be some way of moving them on?

    Id be surprised if all of them wont want to play football


  25. #24
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,762

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    All good players but all very unreliable in terms of fitness.
    Add in Vaughan, Fryatt and Blackstock as well and that's SEVEN first team players that probably won't make it to December even if they are ready in August.

    That's the unfortunate situation we are in.


  26. #25
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    76,915

    Default Re: The walking dead (injuries)

    Chris Cohen should be fit for the start of the season.

    It will however take him some time to get his match-sharpness and to be confident his knees won't fold again.

    (The above may or may not have come from the man himself...allegedly...etc).

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •