Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Direby sack Schteve Mac...

Default Direby sack Schteve Mac...

The reward for his underachievement... the sack yet again.
    Fair play, Board at Direby.
    Fair play.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Direby sack Schteve Mac...

Have we got the longest serving manager yet ?

I don't understand why he keeps getting good jobs in football.
    Totally useless. Shame he was sacked.

Get bim back

It took the Derby board almost two seasons to suss him; it took Forest fans less than two matches to do the same!

His success was built on the side clough put together, got to admit clough put some good sides together, there was only so long he could ride that gravy train. we should get clough in to play an assistants role at least. Think Pearce would have benefitted from a assistant and think freedman would aswell.

I think it's a bit harsh personally. He took over a midtable side, and turned them into a side that played good football and reached a play off final. I think he let his head get turned by Newcastle at the end of the season.

He inherited Davies squad, it wasn't a good squad at all was just Davies got the best out them. Great manager just just a shame he was cross between rab c nesbitt and the krankies. Absolute nut job.

Shit. Gutted Derby have sussed him out.

One of the worst days in our history when he signed. Not fit to lace the boots of most previous, and some post.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Shit. Gutted Derby have sussed him out.

One of the worst days in our history when he signed. Not fit to lace the boots of most previous (Billy), and some post(Billy II).
    Just translated it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    I think it's a bit harsh personally. He took over a midtable side, and turned them into a side that played good football and reached a play off final. I think he let his head get turned by Newcastle at the end of the season.
    Not even the harshest sacking of the day, that's the crazy thing. Clough's sacking was far more shocking yet that barely gets a mention.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    ..........we should get clough in to play an assistants role at least. Think Pearce would have benefitted from a assistant and think freedman would aswell.
    I've said all along that Stuart's choice of coaching staff possibly contributed as much to his undoing here as anything else, but, quite frankly, you'll struggle to find anyone in football with more knowledge and experience of this level of the game than Dougie's current assistant.

Just translated it for everyone.

Are Derby getting a bit above their station?
    There not really a prem club and McLaren got them close twice.
    He is a bit of a bottler though. I wonder if they'll go for Allardyce?

It's only about Newcastle isn't it? He's going there. And before the rumours started he was doing very well with Derby.

I agree.

McClaren must have just about the best win percentage of any manager in the Championship the last couple of years. After inheriting a side that had not finished better than 10th since their return to the division, and spent a couple of seasons battling relegation. Seems kind of funny to me that certain posters on here apparently believe that Derby have made the right call. Given that these posters are still, 4 months later, stewing over the departure of a manager that spent millions strengthening an already useful squad, and produced one of the most tragically unwatchable Forest teams in living memory.

McClaren's brief reign at Forest was forgettable to say the least, but he looks to have done a pretty good job at Derby. Taken at surface value, this looks extremely harsh.

Yeah Derby are getting ahead of themselves. It'll turn out to be an error.

Pretty sure we said the same thing when they got rid of Clough though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven McTowelie View Post
    I agree.

McClaren must have just about the best win percentage of any manager in the Championship the last couple of years. After inheriting a side that had not finished better than 10th since their return to the division, and spent a couple of seasons battling relegation. Seems kind of funny to me that certain posters on here apparently believe that Derby have made the right call. Given that these posters are still, 4 months later, stewing over the departure of a manager that spent millions strengthening an already useful squad, and produced one of the most tragically unwatchable Forest teams in living memory.

McClaren's brief reign at Forest was forgettable to say the least, but he looks to have done a pretty good job at Derby. Taken at surface value, this looks extremely harsh.

Win percentages look great on paper but they don't necessarily get your team over the line. From the position he had them, With the run in they had, and the players on his team sheet, promotion should have been a formality. He took his eye off the ball & deserted his players.

Pearce on the other hand was deserted by his, who were nowhere near as good. Don't really get the connection your trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Win percentages look great on paper but they don't necessarily get your team over the line. From the position he had them, With the run in they had, and the players on his team sheet, promotion should have been a formality. He took his eye off the ball & deserted his players.

Pearce on the other hand was deserted by his, who were nowhere near as good. Don't really get the connection your trying to make.
    A win percentage of 54 is extremely impressive, regardless of how strong you perceive Derby's squad to be. Having good players doesn't automatically make you a good team. All Forest fans should be painfully aware of that at this point.

And at no stage that I can think of should promotion have been a 'formality' for them. It just isn't that easy to get out of this league (again, something Forest fans should be well aware of). I imagine at their peak Derby were probably a couple of points clear at the top, and 5-6 clear of third. Hardly an insurmountable lead. They should have finished top 6 from where they were, no question, but that hardly guarantees promotion.

I'm not really trying to compare McClaren to Pearce. As much as we like to mock 'Schteve' and make him out to be the worst manager in the world, his credentials are light years better than our most recent ex-manager, quite frankly. I just find if very odd that posters who continue to harp on and on about Pearce's sacking, like it was some national fucking tragedy, would support Derby's decision to sack McClaren. Given that the latter did a very good job there, and the former did a bloody awful job here. If it's a case of him having eyes on another job and wanting to leave then that's different, but if he's been legitimately sacked, because Derby don't perceive what he's achieved the last two years to be good enough, I find that utterly ridiculous.

Last edited by Steven McTowelie; 26-05-15 at 01:16.

A win percentage of 54 is extremely impressive, regardless of how strong you perceive Derby's squad to be. Having good players doesn't automatically make you a good team. All Forest fans should be painfully aware of that at this point.

And at no stage that I can think of should promotion have been a 'formality' for them. It just isn't that easy to get out of this league (again, something Forest fans should be well aware of). I imagine at their peak Derby were probably a couple of points clear at the top, and 5-6 clear of third. Hardly an insurmountable lead. They should have finished top 6 from where they were, no question, but that hardly guarantees promotion.

I'm not really trying to compare McClaren to Pearce. As much as we like to mock 'Schteve' and make him out to be the worst manager in the world, his credentials are light years better than our most recent ex-manager, quite frankly. I just find if very odd that posters who continue to harp on and on about Pearce's sacking, like it was some national fucking tragedy, would support Derby's decision to sack McClaren. Given that the latter did a very good job there, and the former did a bloody awful job here. If it's a case of him having eyes on another job and wanting to leave then that's different, but if he's been legitimately sacked, because Derby don't perceive what he's achieved the last two years to be good enough, I find that utterly ridiculous.
    Because there is a human element here too. As much as you might like football fans to look at everything objectively and in black and white, we can't always. Luckily for you, you appear to be on a different level to most of us.

Stuart Pearce was incredibly popular here. Steve McClaran was incredibly unpopular here. That's why people have the views they do.

Well put.

This.

Agreed.

McClaren> Plenty of managers >Billy

Apparantly theyre appointing Paul Clement, Ancelotti's (former) assistant. £2m a year, most expensive in Championship, and hes never managed before. Could be a stroke of genius but its a huge risk.