Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fawaz Al Hasawi Vs Tony Fernandes

Default Fawaz Al Hasawi Vs Tony Fernandes

Just watching Sunday Supplement on Sky this morning. The guys were talking about the ownership of QPR owner Tony Fernandes and the similarities are so a like they seem to be cut from the same cloth. They mentioned that Fernandes wants to be too populist and tries to curry flavour the fans by saying " he's my dream manager". Also he bankroll's managers like it's going out of fashion and spending big money on dross.

By listening to the guys on Sunday Supplement it got me thinking about our owner,Mr Fawaz Mubarak Al Hasawi. 99.9% of the fan base including his critics would say his heart is in the right place. But I think he tries to please the fans too much because of wanting to be liked which he freely admits to, and this is his downfall. Backing managers rightly or wrongly in terms of pledging millions to buy players, Saying a certain manager is our Alex Ferguson etc. Most fans don't want to listen to certain quotes some just want him to just do the job in hand.Another thing rather than trying to come up with a plan to ensure the club deals with FFP by investing in commercial sector and the academy.

He rather parade his mother on you tube showing off his stately Staffordshire home. Things like this are not needed, what we need is a plan and a sense of direction in ensuring the club manages through this difficult time re FFP. Even the guys behind the scenes in the commercial sector have agreed with me that the club needs an more personal. As some members of staff are dual rolling and are trying to manage huge work loads. The club needs to tell us what's happening even if some don't like the plan.

So Would others agree that Fawaz downfall is the fact he wants to be liked a little too much?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

oopsy daisy!

Default Re: Fawaz Al Hasawi Vs Tony Fernandes

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    So Would others agree that Fawaz downfall is the fact he wants to be liked a little too much?
    If you think his biggest problem is that he wants to be liked by the fans too much maybe we shouldn't have fans groups calling for things to happen (or not)?

Just saying like.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    If you think his biggest problem is that he wants to be liked by the fans too much maybe we shouldn't have fans groups calling for things to happen (or not)?

Just saying like.
    I just want him to have a vision for the future and a plan he's willing to stick to. The plan might be something me and others don't like but it's a plan something we haven't had in 3 years since he bought the club. Just a chick a load of money at it and see if it sticks mentality isn't a plan.

Yes he does.
    Yes we need a plan.
    We need a stronger commercial plan and a long term plan for on the field.

I think his approach is changing because of FFP or maybe it has to. I think the whole parading his wealth is an unfortunate offshoot of his Middle eastern background where wealth is everything

Also a good chairman is one you don't hear about. That means the club is doing something right without questions being asked.

Where's me hammer?

A start for me would be a statement saying "whatever happens dougie will still be manager june 1st 2016....."

You can then formulate your plan from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    A start for me would be a statement saying "whatever happens dougie will still be manager june 1st 2016....."

You can then formulate your plan from there.
    I bet no fan can put hand on heart and say 100% that Dougie will be our manager at Christmas. Like you say you can't formulate a plan by doing the opposite of saying he be here in June 2016.

He needs to show his long term commitment to the club by investing in infrastructure now he is restricted by how much he can invest in the first team. A plan for a new main stand and getting the academy up to the highest level possible should be top of his list.

Is it that time again?

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    He needs to show his long term commitment to the club by investing in infrastructure now he is restricted by how much he can invest in the first team. A plan for a new main stand and getting the academy up to the highest level possible should be top of his list.
    This

Tony Fernandes & Fawaz are more fans than owners. A fan does not make a good owner. But fans demand fans as owners, until they get one when they demand a businessman because running a multi-million pound business with your heart doesn't work.

To be fair, both have poor recruitment records when it comes to managers. It's always the wrong one. What possessed them to give Harry "bankrolled more clubs than won trophies" Redknapp huge amounts of money I will never know.

I agree with the comparison though, I was watching Soccer Sat and thinking the exact same thing.

If he has a plan,I'd like to know what it is!

I bet no fan can put hand on heart and say 100% that Dougie will be our manager at Christmas. Like you say you can't formulate a plan by doing the opposite of saying he be here in June 2016.
    I will. I'll give £20 to Alf's dog charity if he's gone before Christmas day.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    I will. I'll give £20 to Alf's dog charity if he's gone before Christmas day.
    Is there anyone out there so convinced he'll be gone that they will match that donation if he's still here on Boxing day?

Remember it's for the poor doggies in Alf's challenge

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    Is there anyone out there so convinced he'll be gone that they will match that donation if he's still here on Boxing day?

Nope, I think that Fawaz has backed himself into a corner with Dougie and is stuck with him.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post

Im not sure, i suppose it depends on who the fixtures throw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Nope, I think that Fawaz has backed himself into a corner with Dougie and is stuck with him.
    He'd backed himself into a corner with Davies and was stuck with him, too, if I remember correctly.

Sadly, I just don't see it ever working with Fawaz.

I just don't see him learning from his mistakes. It's a huge shame, because there are elements which make you think it could all work so well. But arrogance/ignorance will be his downfall.

There are so many clear issues that need solving, but I just don't see it happening. the only real chance I see under his ownership is pure good fortune.

Best served cold

I just want him to have a vision for the future and a plan he's willing to stick to. The plan might be something me and others don't like but it's a plan something we haven't had in 3 years since he bought the club. Just a chick a load of money at it and see if it sticks mentality isn't a plan.
    But people always want the club to have a vision and a plan to stick to, until we get a couple of bad results and then they call for the manager to be replaced.

I think we like the idea of a grand plan, more than the reality.

Forest fans ultimately want instant success, or else it is not good enough.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    But people always want the club to have a vision and a plan to stick to, until we get a couple of bad results and then they call for the manager to be replaced.

I think we like the idea of a grand plan, more than the reality.

Forest fans ultimately want instant success, or else it is not good enough.
    Have to agree, but I think this season coming will temper most fans expectations.

The plan is promotion. Simple as that. If we crave an owner to implement a 5 year plan from grass roots upwards & couple it with a commercial overhaul then I suspect fawaz isnt your man. He wants promotion & will continue to run over managers until he gets it, gets bored or gets the call from the family to turn it in.

Regardless of the restrictive nature of Freedmas position, rightly or wrongly, he'll do well to get to Christmas.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Have to agree, but I think this season coming will temper most fans expectations.
    Lets hope so, it is long overdue that we just let someone get on with the job instead of sticking our foot in it whenever someone gives it a good go.

It's all about mid-table...

I think a stint in the Third would do us good tbh.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I think a stint in the Third would do us good tbh.
    We'd do a Leeds, or us rather than a Norwich or Southampton.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry