Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Interview with 1950s Forest winger Eric Jones

Default Interview with 1950s Forest winger Eric Jones

Morning everyone,

Not posted on here before but I run a website which features interviews with former footballers.

I spent a couple of hours with former Forest winger Eric Jones last week. Eric grew up in Preston and signed for his hometown club a few days after completing his National Service in the RAF. Eric played in the First Division for Preston, but opportunities were limited as he played in the same position as Sir Tom Finney. Eventually deciding to leave Preston, Eric joined Forest in 1955-56. He spoke to me about some of his Forest memories, including dislocating his shoulder in a game at Norwich and being amazed by the pre-match spread the club used to have at Trent Bridge cricket ground.

Eric spoke really fondly about Forest. We've not mentioned it in the article but his father died during his time at Forest, right before an away game at Leicester. He said the club were fantastic to him, allowing him to miss the game and they also paid for a car to take him back to Preston so he could be with his family.

There's other interesting stuff in the article, which hopefully gives an insight into life as a footballer in the 1950s.

We've also got a few more Forest players to speak to over the next few weeks.

http://mytimeinfootball.com/Eric_Jones

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Interview with 1950s Forest winger Eric Jones

nice!

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce